St. John Bosco vs. DeMatha (35-7 F)

dntn31

3 hours ago, WCACFan said:

That is what folks on this board said about senior QB too.  Saw freshman in 7v7 over the spring.  Inconsistent and inexperienced.  Played for good 8th grade team surrounded by ballers. He should do well versus the next couple of unranked teams but will run into trouble when WCAC play begins.  But, if he is their QB of the future they should start him now.  

Not sure who made those comments on the board about the senior qb but you have to be a threat to sit in the pocket. Otherwise good luck winning a game vs the other big 3 in the wcac or competing against a trinity power. Too much talent on the field defensively and coaching to not have to worry about that element of the game. 

The frosh is more capable.  Not a comparison.

37 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Their DB's were better than average.  Just not used to a Trinity League sophisticated passing scheme.  Also didn't help that the backers had to sell out to stop the run.

Everything has to be viewed within context.

They arent that sophisticated... Lol. They just have better athletes. And better depth.

Theres a reason these "sophisticated" schemes started to work when they started to stock pile talent... Hint, hint... 

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, GCTEXAS said:

Not sure who made those comments on the board about the senior qb but you have to be a threat to sit in the pocket. Otherwise good luck winning a game vs the other big 3 in the wcac or competing against a trinity power. Too much talent on the field defensively and coaching to not have to worry about that element of the game. 

The frosh is more capable.  Not a comparison.

6 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Cameron Edge must start for DM next game.  I am sorry but after what I saw (and Bill McGregor’s halftime comment that he missed open receivers several times) I believe DM has to start him.  I must also add Bill’s comment that in 40 years Edge is the “best freshman” I have seen at DeMatha.

Mater Dei once started a freshman.

9 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

What’s the over/under on DBP guys getting pancaked?

Sammy’s that dude who would bring his 15/16 year old son to the b-ball courts where middle school kids play at and talk shit when his kid throws a 5th grader’s J into the stands. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Mjd33 said:

Sammy’s that dude who would bring his 15/16 year old son to the b-ball courts where middle school kids play at and talk shit when his kid throws a 5th grader’s J into the stands. 

This is sort of like when Jersey people were talking up DBP for beating mission Viejo in 2011 though

7 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Downey has a McDonald’s museum and is the oldest operating McDonald’s.  (#2) In-n-Out Burger is still far superior.  (Double double “animal style.”) Only McDonald’s sign of its kind in the world:

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/VwbRX0a3Due4AgaYgejdYw?select=uuIU4vhUxUxi8lB6mAG6Hg&utm_source=ishare&utm_content=photo. Scrolling to the right will have video and more pictures of this.

FWIW McDonald’s #1 was in Des Plaines, IL (tore down and replaced).  In-n-Out #1 is in Baldwin Park which is not too far from Downey.

Now there would be a trip!  Forget about football😁!

https://www.chowhound.com/post/5000-mile-hamburger-292192

A memorable experience at In-n-Out.  (I wrote 16 years ago!) You cannot leave CA without a visit.  Remember the grilled onions.

48 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

This is sort of like when Jersey people were talking up DBP for beating mission Viejo in 2011 though

MV In 11 was actually pretty good should of beat SM in playoffs but Johnson got cute at goal line forcing the ball to Reuland younger brother rather then punching it in.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WCACFan said:

DeMatha drops out of MaxPreps top 25 and National High School Football America rankings.  Good Counsel moves up to #25 in NHFA ranking.

Lazy pollsters.  DeMatha is Top 25 from what I saw (in person).  Good Counsel hasn't proven anything yet.  Other teams in the Top 25 don't belong ahead of De Matha.   They will work their way back in.  The schedule gives them the opportunity to do so.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Lazy pollsters.  DeMatha is Top 25 from what I saw (in person).  Good Counsel hasn't proven anything yet.  Other teams in the Top 25 don't belong ahead of De Matha.   They will work their way back in.  The schedule gives them the opportunity to do so.

Losing by 28 will get u dropped usually even if opponent is very good.