Two nationally irrelavent small schools

sausmann9

I will go out on a limb and say that today at 2pm ESPN2, we might get to see the best game of the weekend from two nationally irrelevant schools.  I know a little about Hammond SC but will let somebody from that area tell you more about them.  I can tell you this about Southern Columbia Area; you will see very few penalties, crisp, technical line play, fundamentally sound in nearly all aspects of the game, and depth for a small school.  Chances are that very few of you have ever heard of Southern Columbia like many probably haven't heard of Hammond SC.  Hey its small school football.  But this is community ball as we call it.  This team travels well as well so I won't be surprised to see visitor side fans in black and gold.  SCA head Coach Roth very similar to Berwick's George Curry and CB West's Mike Pettine.  Win or lose they will bring a good brand of football to the game.  They love their running game but have good receivers to keep the defense loose.  They are aggressive on defense w/ their linebackers as well. 

http://www.scatigerfootball.com/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Max Preps have Southern Columbia ranked #3 in the whole State of Pennsylvania.  They have only lost 4 games in the last 7 years including back to back undefeated.  And this Hammond, SC school has 4 undefeated seasons in the last 5 including the last 2.   Hammond is a Prep School with this definition.  The school has a controversial history as a segregation academy,  but is now better known for its athletic and academic accomplishments.  Unbelievable this was a Jim Crow School until 1989 openly.  WTF 

With this new found knowledge.  I hope they lose 66 - 0 to the Pa. Kids. 😎 

Both teams look disciplined though. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Max Preps have Southern Columbia ranked #3 in the whole State of Pennsylvania.  They have only lost 4 games in the last 7 years including back to back undefeated.  And this Hammond, SC school has 4 undefeated seasons in the last 5 including the last 2.   Hammond is a Prep School with this definition.  The school has a controversial history as a segregation academy,  but is now better known for its athletic and academic accomplishments.  Unbelievable this was a Jim Crow School until 1989 openly.  WTF 

With this new found knowledge.  I hope they lose 66 - 0 to the Pa. Kids. 😎 

Both teams look disciplined though. 

29-0, but helluva catch by the Hammond WR on this current drive. 

I watched the Diamond League race on a new track surface in France last night.  Lyles won the 200 in 19.65.  Surprisingly in the 110 meter hurdles,  Holloway faded and finished 6th (Roberts won again).  

• Like 1