Georgia guys.....

FootballGuy

27 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

What are some teams in Georgia that are underrated/overlooked?

I would have to say Northside and Peach County.....maybe even Cedar Grove

Cedar Grove...

CG played Hallandale FL really tough in 2015, as a 3A school... and Hallandale was one of the better teams in FL. Not a TOP team, but a Top 10-12 team in FL.

CG was even better this season... they had one of the most talented rosters in America... multiple SEC kids, and future D1ers... they beat GAC 30-19 in the 3A title game. The same GAC that went to Colorado and almost took out their 5A State Champ Valor Christian, losing just 21-17 on ESPN. 

This doesnt make Cedar Grove a Top 50 team or anything... just a good, talented team that can play anyone tough. But theres more of those in GA than anywhere.

Ware County.

The Gators are being Overlooked big time they have alot of Talent. And I also have them as my 5A Dark Horse. 

Ware County  has 5 D1 athletes on there team currently that not counting 2 or 3 9th graders they have that will be playing Varsity.  

Buford vs Ware County in the 5A state title. Calling it now.

Probably...Camden.

Everybody has them down this year due to their performance in 2015 and 2016.  Well, not EVERYBODY.  Lime Sink knows better.  They may not win the Region...at least I hope not.  But they'll play much like the Bluecats of previous years.  Bullet Bob is on a mission.....

Rufus>>

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Cedar Grove...

CG played Hallandale FL really tough in 2015, as a 3A school... and Hallandale was one of the better teams in FL. Not a TOP team, but a Top 10-12 team in FL.

CG was even better this season... they had one of the most talented rosters in America... multiple SEC kids, and future D1ers... they beat GAC 30-19 in the 3A title game. The same GAC that went to Colorado and almost took out their 5A State Champ Valor Christian, losing just 21-17 on ESPN. 

This doesnt make Cedar Grove a Top 50 team or anything... just a good, talented team that can play anyone tough. But theres more of those in GA than anywhere.

Cedar Grove probably had the most talented roster in Georgia last year. had more talent than grayson, roswell, mceachern, mill creek, etc.

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ware County.

The Gators are being Overlooked big time they have alot of Talent. And I also have them as my 5A Dark Horse. 

Ware County  has 5 D1 athletes on there team currently that not counting 2 or 3 9th graders they have that will be playing Varsity.  

Yeah I forgot about Ware. They're overlooked too. 

Northside is a really good team too. They make it to the semifinals just about every year

2 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Cedar Grove...

Hallandale was a Very good team in 2015.   Top 10 wouldn't be a stretch at all IMO. Now in 2016...not so much.

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ware County.

Well since I think Rome is seldom mentioned, I gotta say them.   Probably not a national type team, but...that team never gets talked about.   What's their deal for next year?  I know their Dline is going to be strong again.

2 hours ago, noonereal said:

Not a one, I am confident in this. 

:)

lol

(let's read this with a sense of humor guys) 

Why are you so concerned about what Georgia has going on compared to what New Jersey has going on? I mean DAMN! You hate Georgia teams but yet you mention them any chance you get. Wassup with that? 

• Like 1

Another RB from Rome class of 2018.  247 says he's warm on  Tennessee, Mich St, and Vatech

FYI Sykes was injured mid season, and Griffin was out in the 2nd quarter in the finals vs Buford.   

Also Buford scored in the first minute of the game (90+yard kick off return that got to 1-2 yard line).   Rome shut them out the rest of the game 16-0.   They definitely need more love at least in state.  

Rome on the Dline for 2018...

4 star DE Adam Anderson 6'6 225   UGA commit

3 star DE Jamarcus Chatman  6'3 266    Offers from just about everyone, looks like he favors Miami (Mich, UF, Miami, Tennessee)

3 star  DT  Ja'quon Griffin   6'0  270  offers from lesser D1's (Tulane, App state, etc)

Then they got two DTs that are 270 plus in 2019 and 2020.  (no offers yet)

How is it I never hear them being talked about by ya'll? 

Just now, 954gator said:

Rome on the Dline for 2018...

4 star DE Adam Anderson 6'6 225   UGA commit

3 star DE Jamarcus Chatman  6'3 266    Offers from just about everyone, looks like he favors Miami (Mich, UF, Miami, Tennessee)

3 star  DT  Ja'quon Griffin   6'0  270  offers from lesser D1's (Tulane, App state, etc)

Then they got two DTs that are 270 plus in 2019 and 2020.  (no offers yet)

How is it I never hear them being talked about by ya'll? 

Maybe because they weren't a "popular" team compared to the main teams we usually talk about. Kinda like how Cedar Grove doesn't get that much attention even tho they have hella D1 guys on their team and won state this year. Nothing against Rome, but they just came up on the scenes, so I'm still trying to figure them out. The only time I seen them play was against Buford in the championship.

• Like 1