Geico Bowl Series 2019

FootballGuy

2 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Gotcha. When you made that comment earlier, I was thinking that the colquitt community isn't too fond of espn broadcasting. I was thinking that something may have happened back in 2016 when they came to town for the AHP game. 

We were warned ahead of time by Rush what they were about. He had been fairly averse to letting them cover a game in Moultrie in the year before the AHP game. He said he would rather have GPB or FSS cover than ESPN. 

He just felt like their coverage would be more detrimental than help. 

I think over all the experience of having them in Moultrie as far as people go was pretty good. They didn't destroy any hotel rooms or anything. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Let's be real. We should be happy that they at least show some high profile games every year. I know I'm very grateful for that. 

Certainly. We get to see at least 50% of a game they cover now. Down from 65% a year ago. 

Just turn the sound off and plan on filling in the blanks with your imagination when they cut away during live action and you're golden. Make sure you have MaxPreps open for roster info. Double check that, because it has a lot of errors. 

xD

12 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Wait, I thought it was the amount of players and time away from school? They were offered to host the game?

The Georgia clown schools complained about money and the number of players/staff/water boys they could travel with.

Lakeland was offered the Geico game at home and declined.

They don't want to play anybody good by choice.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Wait, I thought it was the amount of players and time away from school? They were offered to host the game?

Yes Lakeland turned down hosting Lee County. I’m not sure the reasons. 

AH-Plantation turned down in years past because the dates were in conflict with testing. Venice turned it down because the State player of the year at QB was having surgery and wouldn’t have been available. So i know there are reasons other than ducking competition. I just don’t know the reason for Lakeland saying no 

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Certainly. We get to see at least 50% of a game they cover now. Down from 65% a year ago. 

Just turn the sound off and plan on filling in the blanks with your imagination when they cut away during live action and you're golden. 

I dont usually watch with sound on if I'm watching another game online. But either way, as a player or as a father would had a son who played, I could care less if they called my name or my kids. I'd think it would just be cool playing on tv

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes Lakeland turned down hosting Lee County. I’m not sure the reasons. 

AH-Plantation turned down in years past because the dates were in conflict with testing. Venice turned it down because the State player of the year at QB was having surgery and wouldn’t have been available. So i know there are reasons other than ducking competition. I just don’t know the reason for Lakeland saying no 

What a loss of a great opportunity for the kids playing. Too bad.

• Like 1

Just now, AztecPadre said:

I dont usually watch with sound on if I'm watching another game online. But either way, as a player or as a father would had a son who played, I could care less if they called my name or my kids. I'd think it would just be cool playing on tv

That's the draw. 

It's cool to play on t.v. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We were warned ahead of time by Rush what they were about. He had been fairly averse to letting them cover a game in Moultrie in the year before the AHP game. He said he would rather have GPB or FSS cover than ESPN.

Unless there's evidence that Colquitt was offered any other ESPN games before or after AHP then you (or Rush) are just making this up.

• Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We go through this every season. The above has always been their MO. With PGL now involved, look for better teams to be showcased. For example, the recent SJP/Marietta game. 

Let’s hope Marietta wins out and can host a top dog. Heard they were gonna play STA in the regular season but it fell through. 

Would be cool to see them matchup. Tons of athletes. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Guru said:

The Georgia clown schools complained about money and the number of players/staff/water boys they could travel with.

Lakeland was offered the Geico game at home and declined.

They don't want to play anybody good by choice.

Since you wanna clown Grayson, go ahead and clown Lakeland and St. Louis for declining the invite

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We go through this every season. The above has always been their MO. With PGL now involved, look for better teams to be showcased. For example, the recent SJP/Marietta game. 

😂

This is classic.

So ESPN will ignore their business model because some coke head from New Jersey who can't even get laid by his wife is spamming them with emails?

• Thumbs Down 2

Four days after winning their third-consecutive state title, No. 15 Saint Louis School (Honolulu, Hawaii) declined an invite to play in the GEICO State Champions Bowl Series.

In a statement to HawaiiPrepWorld.com, Saint Louis president Glenn Medeiros said the timing wasn’t right.

“Although it would be an honor to be involved, coaches Cal and Ron Lee, co-athletic directors Ryan Blangiardi and Gerald Welch spent the last few days considering if this trip would be in the best interest of our students,” Medeiros said. “Although traveling is a wonderful way to educate students about the world around them, proving more exposure for our athletes, this particular game takes place during finals week. For this reason, students attending would have to miss their final exams. Additionally, not all players would be able to make the trip, given certain limitations which include the number of hotel rooms available and the cost associated with travel that the school would subsidize (and) families being responsible for assisting financially.”

Rashid Ghazi, of Paragon Marketing Group, which created and runs the GEICO Bowl Series, said they “were surprised they declined.”

“They had agreed to play in the event,” Ghazi said. “The package we were providing Saint Louis was all expenses paid, including flights, hotels, meals, accommodations and ground transportation for a traveling party of 75 plus a cash rights fee for the school and one for the HHSAA.”

If testing was the main reason as to why STL skipped this event, then cool. However, if they were being fully compensated and then some (according to Rashid), then why would Medeiros mention other reasons as to why they couldn't go?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Okay. At the same time, so if you know about Grayson's situation in 2016, why make the comment saying "they don't want to play anyone good by choice" ? If you were referring to lakeland, that's one thing, but don't try to do that to Grayson. 

Because I was referring to Lakeland.

17 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You know the Georgia folks don't want to see that.

Yes we do LOL Quarterback play in Fort Lauderdale needs to get better in 2019 to win your own state first. That game against DLS? Yikes. May get blown out by Lakeland again 🤣 

Marietta > St Thomas Aquinas this year. Much better quarterback in Georgia 

• Thanks 1