Geico Bowl Series 2019

FootballGuy

6 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Can you elaborate on this, please? 

Have you not watched an ESPN hsfb broadcast? Especially this year. They've really jumped the shark this year. 

ESPN doesn't do a community any favors in their broadcasts. They prefer to talk about a player or two that is in their ESPN 300 player poll. They don't do any homework to know hardly any other player names. Hence they really aren't helping your players exposure outside the ones they pick.

Colquitt County Football is about this community.

It's not about 2 or 3 players that ESPN deems worthy enough to mention a few times. It's not about their poll that they choose to mention 735 times in a broadcast. It's not about whatever famous or infamous person they have on camera walking the sidelines.

That's what ESPN coverage is about. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

ESPN’s high school football coverage this year has been TERRIBLE in 2019. Big step backwards

1) They spend MULTIPLE drives interviewing people taking away from the game. NO ONE tunes into a football game to hear from an outsider talking NON-GAME action. I don’t care about Marvin Harrison, Antonio Brown, or the old DLS coach on a Friday night at 7:30. We tune in to see the game. Cutting to splitscreen while focusing on other shit is ridiculous and it has been ramped up this year. It’s been a focal point in every single broadcast so far and is obviously something ESPN values 

2) They only focus on players RANKED by ESPN and that’s pretty much the only storyline they feature throughout the night. Their goal is not to showcase the best teams/games but look for players recruited to big schools. 

3) ESPN games create ridiculously long media timeouts and hurt attendance.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

ESPN’s high school football coverage this year has been TERRIBLE in 2019. Big step backwards

1) They spend MULTIPLE drives interviewing people taking away from the game. NO ONE tunes into a football game to hear from an outsider talking NON-GAME action. I don’t care about Marvin Harrison, Antonio Brown, or the old DLS coach on a Friday night at 7:30. We tune in to see the game. Cutting to splitscreen while focusing on other shit is ridiculous and it has been ramped up this year. It’s been a focal point in every single broadcast so far and is obviously something ESPN values 

2) They only focus on players RANKED by ESPN and that’s pretty much the only storyline they feature throughout the night. Their goal is not to showcase the best teams/games but look for players recruited to big schools. 

2 and 3 been happening for years

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

1) They spend MULTIPLE drives interviewing folks taking away from the game. NO ONE tuned into a football game to hear from an outsider talking NON-GAME action. I don’t care about Marvin Harrison, Antonio Brown, or the old DLS coach on a Friday night at 7:30. We tune in to see the game. Cutting to splitscreen while focusing on other shit is ridiculous and it has been ramped up this year. It’s been a focal point in every single broadcast so far and is obviously something ESPN values 

It was funny reading the Texas ESPN game thread the other night. Hahaha

Guys that tuned in only knew the name of Deion's son and Deion. Deion wasn't even the head coach. The poster said he still doesn't know the name of the head coach of that team. 

They didn't talk up the winning qb who had a much better game because he wasn't in the ESPN 300. 

It's just dumb and lazy coverage. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

ESPN is a public survey business that broadcasts sports.

And they know their business. More people care about celebrity and recruiting than they do about high school football.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

Yes the sight of you posting here makes me want to vomit too

The attitude he displays is one of the primary reasons that hsfb is off the rails. 

Public school ball has always been about the community where they are from. Still is outside of a few exceptions in metro areas where people take advantage of the rules and do the daddyball thing. 

Football being about the community where the players are from makes him sick. 

I hope he's puking a lot in the future. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's just dumb abd lazy coverage.

It's smart and targeted.

You're just a country bumpkin who thinks that people buy his shit about "community" and other nonsense.

You hayseeds hired one of the worst human beings on Earth to coach your kids but now you want to lecture people about community, business and what's appropriate?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The attitude he displays is one of the primary reasons that hsfb is off the rails.

You hired a known piece of shit as your head coach and then spent almost a decade defending his behavior.

But my comment on a message board is the primary reason that high school football is off the rails, huh?

🤡

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

It's smart and targeted.

You're just a country bumpkin who thinks that people buy his shit about "community" and other nonsense.

You hayseeds hired one of the worst human beings on Earth to coach your kids but now you want to lecture people about community, business and what's appropriate?

image.png

Of course you wouldn't know nothing about community considering you grew up in a county that is overpopulated and running out of space and now live in Tallahassee which is home to some of the dumbest politicians in the country 

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

You hired a known piece of shit as your head coach and then spent almost a decade defending his behavior.

But my comment on a message board is the primary reason that high school football is off the rails, huh?

🤡

Under what conditions do you feel that you are a good enough judge of character to comment on anyone?

You wouldn't know character if it hit you square in the face

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think we'll still likely play some out of state games. The current coach isn't all about that, but, he is about making sure our kids continue to get exposure. 

I think the times have certainly changed here though. Time will tell how much. 

I think we'll find out soon whether the tales about teams here not wanting to play us were really true. According to Rush, we had to start searching high and low for games, thus, we ended up with some decent oos games. 

If that was true, then, it'll probably stay true. Thus, there will still be a need to look oos for certain dates. 

As far as a GEICO Bowl... yeah idk. Like I said before, there isn't a lot of love for ESPN and how they handle their broadcasts around here. I'm not speaking for the coach though. I have never asked him face to face about how he feels about them and their hsfb broadcasts. 

I know he is all about team unity like a family as one of his 5 key fundamental philosophy elements. I don't think he'd be running toward anything that he feels may negatively affect that unity. 

I did ask him in his Q&A here and he pointed out that we would still possibly play oos but he would try tapping in state powers as well. Maybe those in states are more willing sans Rush.

What if Geico would be willing to let colcuts host say STA? You dont think the kids would love to play on espn and get the exposure regardless how u feel about how many names or whatever the broadcast crew talks about?

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Have you not watched an ESPN hsfb broadcast? Especially this year. They've really jumped the shark this year. 

ESPN doesn't do a community any favors in their broadcasts. They prefer to talk about a player or two that is in their ESPN 300 player poll. They don't do any homework to know hardly any other player names. Hence they really aren't helping your players exposure outside the ones they pick.

Colquitt County Football is about this community.

It's not about 2 or 3 players that ESPN deems worthy enough to mention a few times. It's not about their poll that they choose to mention 735 times in a broadcast. It's not about whatever famous or infamous person they have on camera walking the sidelines.

That's what ESPN coverage is about. 

Gotcha. When you made that comment earlier, I was thinking that the colquitt community isn't too fond of espn broadcasting. I was thinking that something may have happened back in 2016 when they came to town for the AHP game. 

So anyway... the thought is that the ESPN coverage is self aggrandizing and not doing any favors for the teams they are covering in general. 

In other words, if you are wanting to get your kids additional exposure across the country, ESPN probably isn't the best vehicle. 

Someone watching the game would have to put in the leg work to figure out who number 68 is, by googling rosters and etc. because if number 68 isn't an ESPN300 darling, people watching the game will never find out from ESPN commentary. 

@FootballGuy 

I guess it could be loosely claimed they get your team name exposure which could possibly help over time. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was funny reading the Texas ESPN game thread the other night. Hahaha

Guys that tuned in only knew the name of Deion's son and Deion. Deion wasn't even the head coach. The poster said he still doesn't know the name of the head coach of that team. 

They didn't talk up the winning qb who had a much better game because he wasn't in the ESPN 300. 

It's just dumb and lazy coverage. 

I thought the winning qb was a star'd player? I remember them mentioning him a few times.