Geico Bowl Series 2019

FootballGuy

I know it's early, but I'm curious about a few things for this year's Geico Bowl:

1) Will St. Louis accept their invitation if they get invited this year? (Apparently academics got in the way last year)

2) If the season ended today, would the highest ranked teams in the USA Today rankings be invited? (Only the teams who can participate in this invite)

3) Does SFA have an "automatic bye" into the games? 

4) Last but not least: Will this be the year that Colquitt finally kicks the door in and make it to the Geico Bowl? 

6 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I know it's early, but I'm curious about a few things for this year's Geico Bowl:

1) Will St. Louis accept their invitation if they get invited this year? (Apparently academics got in the way last year)

2) If the season ended today, would the highest ranked teams in the USA Today rankings be invited? (Only the teams who can participate in this invite)

4) Last but not least: Will this be the year that Colquitt finally kicks the door in and make it to the Geico Bowl? 

I don't see Colquitt playing in a 16th game.  Rush is gone...and the admin just ain't gonna want to spend the money.   If they were to decide to play the game in Norman Park.....you'd get a maybe.

Rufus>>

24 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I don't see Colquitt playing in a 16th game.  Rush is gone...and the admin just ain't gonna want to spend the money.   If they were to decide to play the game in Norman Park.....you'd get a maybe.

Rufus>>

Game was at Lee so there would be no reason to believe that they wouldn’t do the same thing for Colquitt. It would be cheaper to send SFA to GA again. 

Funny you guys are talking about Colquitt hosting a post state championship event in week 3 😂

i like the confidence 

7 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

SFA not eligible this year

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Game was at Lee so there would be no reason to believe that they wouldn’t do the same thing for Colquitt. It would be cheaper to send SFA to GA again. 

Funny you guys are talking about Colquitt hosting a post state championship event in week 3 😂

i like the confidence 

I believe I posted somewhere in an earlier thread....WE HAVE POTENTIAL.

I stand by that.  Of course, we'll hafta continue to get better and get lucky with injuries.   Several good teams in AAAAAAA this year.  I'll be very surprised if any team goes unscathed while winning the Championship.

And let me say this....Hawg is in charge of the luck side....(Smile).

Rufus>>

35 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Gotta be a state champion.i think SFA got booted and is now independent.

Doesn't matter SFA wasn't a state champion and never has been, GEICO flat out lied last year.  No team from the WCAC or MIAA are eligible to play in the MD state championship. 

• Like 1

2017 they were in a league. 

2018 the league kicked them out and the Geico event used the excuse that league forfeited the championship to them so they were technically the champs. 

2019 they are undisputedly not in a league and can not compete for any championship of any kind. Except a MNC. Lol.

so it will be interesting to see how the Geico rewords it to include SFA

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

2017 they were in a league. 

2018 the league kicked them out and the Geico event used the excuse that league forfeited the championship to them so they were technically the champs. 

2019 they are undisputedly not in a league and can not compete for any championship of any kind. Except a MNC. Lol.

so it will be interesting to see how the Geico rewords it to include SFA

Don't they have to be "state champs" for this event?

47 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

So that makes both SFA and IMG ineligible. Not saying they would necessarily play.

I bet the organizers of the Geico Bowl may reconsider this rule if it means the elite of the elite can’t play. Money drives policy!

I kinda like idea

If FL sends a team i prefer it be one who is actually considered a FL school

If they want to send IMG fine, but don't use them as a FL rep, let FL send their own rep

Hell maybe Geico bowl can set up Lakeland vs IMG as one the games

@GardenStateBaller

Work your magic bro

52 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I wonder if they'll send an actual MD team this year. 

Doubt it.  I keep hearing conference champs for SFA, but not state champs.  So I'll ask it another way, is the Geico bowl series for State Champs only as it advertised or not?  If the answer is no then this is a moot point.  

Here is the list of MD state champs from 2016-2018.  Could be wrong but I'm guessing every team public or private has been an actual state champion in this series.  Would love to hear what Lee County was told about SFA.

2016    4A *Henry A. Wise 42-7     3A  *Damascus 14-12     2A *Walkersville 33-6     1A *Fort Hill 35-14  

2017    4A *Henry A. Wise 38-20   3A   Linganore 28-27       2A *Damascus 31-7        1A Dunbar 30-26 D 

2018    4A Quince Orchard 40-33   3A  Franklin 17-14           2A  *Oakdale 35-7            1A  *Fort Hill 20-8  

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, 11rover said:

Doubt it.  I keep hearing conference champs for SFA, but not state champs.  So I'll ask it another way, is the Geico bowl series for State Champs only as it advertised or not?  If the answer is no then this is a moot point.  

Here is the list of MD state champs from 2016-2018.  Could be wrong but I'm guessing every team public or private has been an actual state champion in this series.  Would love to hear what Lee County was told about SFA.

2016    4A *Henry A. Wise 42-7     3A  *Damascus 14-12     2A *Walkersville 33-6     1A *Fort Hill 35-14  

2017    4A *Henry A. Wise 38-20   3A   Linganore 28-27       2A *Damascus 31-7        1A Dunbar 30-26 D 

2018    4A Quince Orchard 40-33   3A  Franklin 17-14           2A  *Oakdale 35-7            1A  *Fort Hill 20-8  

Considering...

They were probably told all the normal hooplah. To be the best you have to play the best. 

Iron sharpens iron. 

Etc. And yada yada yada. 

This year... Lost in blowout fashion to 3A Peach County.

It's working out great for them so far.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Damn you're right. I think if this were to come into fruition, y'all might have the "grayson" problem from 2016.