Longview vs John Tyler (ESPN2, Tomorrow Night)

RedZone

29 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

King is a Good QB but to say he is a 5 star Blue chipper is a Huge Reach

Off one game?  His resume was built off his previous years and his elite 11 performance.  

Stop reaching conclusions off of one data point.  

This is the problem with televised HS games and prospects.  Unlike in CFB and NFL you don’t get a chance to watch a player or team many times during the year, so you get to evaluate the good and bad games.  HS it’s all or nothing from that one televised game.   

28 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

This is the problem with televised HS games and prospects.  Unlike in CFB and NFL you don’t get a chance to watch a player or team many times during the year, so you get to evaluate the good and bad games.  HS it’s all or nothing from that one televised game.   

That nj junkie could watch Haynes King 15 times and still NOT know what he was looking at. 

I do hope King throws some of those wobblers vs West Monroe though next week. 😄

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, RedZone said:

That nj junkie could watch Haynes King 15 times and still NOT know what he was looking at. 

I do hope King throws some of those wobblers vs West Monroe though next week. 😄

He did better rolling out then standing in the pocket.  But I think they need to feature their run game more.  That 250lb RB is a load.  

• Thanks 1

West Monroe has CE Byrd tonight at the BOB....

Brother Martin (NOLA Catholic League) roughed the Byrds up last week in NOLA.

West Monroe should roll.....WM is dealing with a huge loss at QB (La-Monroe commit, gone for the year).....I think the other QB played pretty well last week vs the Tennessee team. He only played 1 half..........running clock, I believe/

38 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Off one game?  His resume was built off his previous years and his elite 11 performance.  

Stop reaching conclusions off of one data point.  

I've seen 4 HS qb's on ESPN that I like better than King.  Rankings don't mean shit.  That said, King will be all right.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

My point is you will see king ONCE this season, and maybe not much from the others you like. 

Rankings don’t mean shit and neither do one game observations.  

I agree but some positions it's easy to look at one game and see some stop signs.  QB is not one of those positions.  QB could have a sore elbow or his girl broke up with him.  You never know with a qb.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

My point is you will see king ONCE this season, and maybe not much from the others you like. 

Rankings don’t mean shit and neither do one game observations.  

Ur telling me he’s not undersized? He’s gonna need a redshirt year to Load up on Steaks, I’m telling you he’s not the BeSt QB in nation Let alone the Best in Texas.. I watched Katy’s QB week 1 and Longview Week 3,,, there’s no bias just my 3rd party opinion

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ur telling me he’s not undersized? He’s gonna need a redshirt year to Load up on Steaks, I’m telling you he’s not the BeSt QB in nation Let alone the Best in Texas.. I watched Katy’s QB week 1 and Longview Week 3,,, there’s no bias just my 3rd party opinion

He’s 6’3 190.  Not small at the HS level by any means but will need to bulk up in college.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yes height is there.. I’d even to go as far as to say he’s not even 185 lbs

even with The cameras adding 10 pounds he didn’t look 190

That’s his official weight.  He’ll get to 210-215 in college and will be fine at the next level.  

I also can’t claim he’s the best QB in TX.  That will be better assessed at the end of the year. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I agree but some positions it's easy to look at one game and see some stop signs.  QB is not one of those positions.  QB could have a sore elbow or his girl broke up with him.  You never know with a qb.

I wasn't all that impressed with SJB's 5* QB  DJ Uiagalelei (Clemson commit) when I saw him vs Dematha.....he threw the ball very hard at "nobody" most of that game. Hit on a couple big plays, but he was ugly throwing the ball down field.

Uiagalelei finished the game 17-for-37

3 minutes ago, RedZone said:

I wasn't all that impressed with SJB's 5* QB  DJ Uiagalelei (Clemson commit) when I saw him vs Dematha.....he threw the ball very hard at "nobody" most of that game. Hit on a couple big plays, but he was ugly throwing the ball down field.

Uiagalelei finished the game 17-for-37

I didn't think he looked good against Dematha either.  Most of the short to intermediate throws were off.  His deep ball needs no work.  Mater Dei does a great job at slowing him down as well.

3 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

I didn't think he looked good against Dematha either.  Most of the short to intermediate throws were off.  His deep ball needs no work.  Mater Dei does a great job at slowing him down as well.

Exactly.  I mentioned that earlier. DJ looked bad the first half and redeemed himself in the 2d. 

DJ is ridiculously overrated. Been saying this for years. Some folks have said he’s on par with Trevor Lawrence and that couldn’t be any farther from the truth. He’s a big athletic kid that is a great HS quarterback. But he has major accuracy problems that will be exposed at the next level

Uiagalelei isn’t the best quarterback in the Trinity League. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

DJ is ridiculously overrated. Some folks have said he’s on par with Trevor Lawrence and that couldn’t be any farther from the truth. 

Uiagalelei isn’t even the best quarterback in the Trinity League. 

If you’re talking about Bryce Young, then that’s not saying much as he is also one of the best in the country.  

9 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

A lot these of QBs have 4* and 5* WRs to bail them out too.......throwing to a 6-2 or 6-3 target with 4.5 speed can make anyone look good.....or better anyways.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Katy’s QB is not asked to use his arm nearly as much as king does.  Katy’s QB is a systems QB and he was helped from having an OL that is father along in pass protection that LVs. 

What does that even mean?  That label has been applied to Katy QBs for years, but I've never heard it applied to any other team's QB.

11 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

What does that even mean?  That label has been applied to Katy QBs for years, but I've never heard it applied to any other team's QB.

It's a QB that does well only under one type of system.  For Katy it's the power I, where their play action is effective and they lead block on some run plays.  

I don't think McClellan would be good in a spread offense nor in a read option offense. JIMO