OT: Aaron Hernandez commits suicide

Horsefly

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Wow... not sure how I feel about this

My emotions are all over the place right now....

my own brother was shot six times a few days ago ... he survived... but when death hits this close it just becomes harder to celebrate on any level

beefing with a loved one?

squash it 

Brotha I hope your brother recovers and may peace be placed upon him and your family.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Am I the only one who thinks hanging yourself with a bed sheet would be really really Fn hard to do?   Also, I found it weird he left no note.  All the time in the world to write something deep or to apologize, or anything...strange to say the least.  

There are plenty that share your sentiment sir.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/aaron-hernandez-agent-isnt-convinced-suicide-least-one-person-might-agree-142229813.html

Just now, DevilDog said:

How did they get in his cell? Just one guy? Nah. He was to big and strong to let one guy wrap that around his neck and hang him. It would take 4 or 5 to beat him down first IMO. Unless he was drugged. I think he did it. 

Adios.

Just now, 954gator said:

Am I the only one who thinks hanging yourself with a bed sheet would be really really Fn hard to do?   Also, I found it weird he left no note.  All the time in the world to write something deep or to apologize, or anything...strange to say the least.  

Ive personally seen it happen at lest 5 times in county jails. Not uncommon at all.

Also saw a guy kill himself by using the hook on his dental bridge to cut his wrist and rip out a vein.

Where theres a will, theres a way.

I'm not even saying I don't think he did it, only that it seems strange he didn't write a note.  

The bed sheets part just got me thinking how hard it would be for a 250LB+ guy getting that to work by himself.  Not that he didn't do it, but it just seems like it would be so hard.       

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 954gator said:

250LB+ guy

Not that it matters but he probably didnt weigh anywhere close to his playing weight. He prob lost weight not working out w weights and insufficient diet for someone w his athletic build. 3 crappy meals aren't ideal to keep up his weight and muscle mass. 

• Like 1

In the state of Massachusetts, Hernandez technically died an innocent man due to the legal principle of abatement ab initio, where if a person dies and has not exhausted all legal appeals, the case reverts to its status at the beginning; so the person becomes innocent. Hernandez had an appeal pending for his 2014 conviction in the murder of Odin Lloyd.[91] 

This is from Wikipedia. Is this true?  Wonder how this affects his contracts from the NFL etc.   

3 hours ago, 954gator said:

Have personally seen it done a couple of times so no I have no doubt. As far as a suicide note. It is much more common to not leave one. I'd say on average maybe 3 of 10 people leave one tops.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

1. Tell me about his other murders since you seem to know all the facts.

2. Most likely? So you're not 100% sure that he did the crime? Because if someone was certain about something, there wouldn't be the slightest amount of doubt.

Hey a court found him not guilty so of course there is a resonable doubt. They also found he did in kill one person. That's good enough for me. You obviously want to give him a mulligan for the one person he did in fact kill and dwell on the ones not proven. Doesn't matter anymore it ended up being a self  cleaning oven.

• Like 1

Just now, Cossacks said:

Hey a court found him not guilty so of course there is a resonable doubt. They also found he did in kill one person. That's good enough for me. You obviously want to give him a mulligan for the one person he did in fact kill and dwell on the ones not proven. Doesn't matter anymore it ended up being a self  cleaning oven.

Go back to my original post. I said that I feel bad for his daughter. 

And I just don't understand how you have people on here and on social media praising his death. Regardless of what he did, why celebrate someone else's death? You can easily have a neutral feeling about it, but to joke about it like it ain't nothing is wack. 

Would it be funny if one of these posters on here was killed and people made jokes about it? Hell, when Tupac was murdered, Biggie didn't even joke around about it even tho they were on bad terms. 

43 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Have personally seen it done a couple of times so no I have no doubt. As far as a suicide note. It is much more common to not leave one. I'd say on average maybe 3 of 10 people leave one tops.

This is correct. About 1 out of 3 leave a note. A note can help rule out murder or help ease the grieving process for family members. Most suicide's are the result of feeling like you are a burden on family or society. In Aaron's case, I would suspect both.  

I did love watching him play when he was a Gator, but hated that he went to the Pat's, he was a beast in more ways than one. It is a shame his life took the wrong road. 

20 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Go back to my original post. I said that I feel bad for his daughter. 

And I just don't understand how you have people on here and on social media praising his death. Regardless of what he did, why celebrate someone else's death? You can easily have a neutral feeling about it, but to joke about it like it ain't nothing is wack. 

Would it be funny if one of these posters on here was killed and people made jokes about it? Hell, when Tupac was murdered, Biggie didn't even joke around about it even tho they were on bad terms. 

Because of what he was (evil) and stood for people and society are naturally going to have that reaction. People cheered when Hitler, Sadam and others died or were killed. Hell look at the Cleveland killer, many were happy he is dead. It is a pretty normal reaction to be thankful that a evil person like that is removed from society permanently.

Now his daughter, yeah tough break, you can't pick your parents. Kid got dealt a crappy hand in life. At least now she can start fresh without the baggage. Wishing her the best.

3 hours ago, rockinl said:

Ive personally seen it happen at lest 5 times in county jails. Not uncommon at all.

Also saw a guy kill himself by using the hook on his dental bridge to cut his wrist and rip out a vein.

Where theres a will, theres a way.

Not surprised, those bridges especially the ones with the metal base can be very sharp (or at least made to be sharp). 

A partial denture could get the job done as well (probably even easier).  

7 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Because of what he was (evil) and stood for people and society are naturally going to have that reaction. People cheered when Hitler, Sadam and others died or were killed. Hell look at the Cleveland killer, many were happy he is dead. It is a pretty normal reaction to be thankful that a evil person like that is removed from society permanently.

Now his daughter, yeah tough break, you can't pick your parents. Kid got dealt a crappy hand in life. At least now she can start fresh without the baggage. Wishing her the best.

Off topic and different scenario: is todd heap considered a killer? 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

Off topic and different scenario: is todd heap considered a killer? 

If you want to go symantics he "killed" his daughter via an accident, so yes.

Now he didn't have malice aforethougt so he is not a murderer. Huge difference in a person that chooses to kill and an accidntal death. Technically both are "killers" but only one is a scumbag.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

If you want to go symantics he "killed" his daughter via an accident, so yes.

Now he didn't have malice aforethougt so he is not a murderer. Huge difference in a person that chooses to kill and an accidntal death. Technically both are "killers" but only one is a scumbag.

Gotcha!