Calpreps

Sammyswordsman

Say what you want about CalPreps but one thing they get right is rewarding teams that schedule above their pay grade, and punish teams that punch down.

Case on point - Servite gets rolled by #1 MD (like very one else) and gets moved up from. #56 to #44

Folsom struggles but wins vs hermitville and gets dropped from #72 to #79

CalPreps gets less lazy as the season progresses.

i am not saying that Servite should be as high as #44, but relative to Folsom, Calpreps got it right

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

11 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Say what you want about CalPreps but one thing they get right is rewarding teams that schedule above their pay grade, and punish teams that punch down.

Case on point - Servite gets rolled by #1 MD (like very one else) and gets moved up from. #56 to #44

i am not saying that Servite should be as high as #44, but relative to Folsom, Calpreps got it right

Say what you will Servite is getting rewarded for getting slapped around... And that's terrible...  Block has made me bitter towards Folsom but at the very least they are going to win their mediocre league.... Servite probably won't even finish top 3 in theirs  

When Folsom lost to DLS they dropped like a stone... Servite gets bitch slapped by MD and they get a gold star... IDC if it was Alabama Servite lined up against... They lost...  Unbiased my ass Sammy...  

AcademicFlamboyantAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Say what you will Servite is getting rewarded for getting slapped around... And that's terrible...  Block has made me bitter towards Folsom but at the very least they are going to win their mediocre league.... Servite probably won't even finish top 3 in theirs  

When Folsom lost to DLS they dropped like a stone... Servite gets bitch slapped by MD and they get a gold star... IDC if it was Alabama Servite lined up against... They lost...  Unbiased my ass Sammy...  

AcademicFlamboyantAdmiralbutterfly-size_restricted.gif

You are in kindergarten as far as understanding HS football.  

• Haha 4

Nothing about that is right. Servite shouldnt move up because they are in the same League as Mater Dei. That doesnt make them a better team & thats what rankings are.

Servite didnt actively schedule Mater Dei. They are forced to.

A team could be down 500-0 by halftime vs MD and they are going to move up because the lowest performance rating a team can get vs MD is a 78.2. A 78.2 is good for #8 nationally on an individual basis. Losing 500-0 at halftime doesnt make you #8 nationally. 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Nothing about that is right. Servite shouldnt move up because they are in the same League as Mater Dei. That doesnt make them a better team & thats what rankings are.

A team could be down 500-0 by halftime vs MD and they are going to move up because the lowest performance rating a team can get vs MD is a 78.2. A 78.2 is good for #8 nationally on an individual basis. Losing 500-0 at halftime doesnt make you #8 nationally. 

42-3 at half

38 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Cmon now that’s like moving SJR up in the polls after getting their shit pushed in by SFA

8 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

You are not grasping that what Calpreps tries to get right is their concept of Assigning a numerical rating reflective of actual team skill level.  This is best vetted by playing teams with initial perceived higher skill levels, which changes from perceived toward "proven" as the season progresses.

Teams that schedule below their perceived/proven level, don't get the opportunity to 

have their rating vetted.

Losing 500-0 to a team rated 60 points higher isn't grounds for dropping a team, it just is another check point along the way.   Same as beating a team 500-0 that has a negative rating, would not justify a move up the polls over a team that lost by 7 points to a team rated 10 points higher.

32 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You are not grasping that what Calpreps tries to get right is their concept of Assigning a numerical rating reflective of actual team skill level.  This is best vetted by playing teams with initial perceived higher skill levels, which changes from perceived toward "proven" as the season progresses.

Teams that schedule below their perceived/proven level, don't get the opportunity to 

have their rating vetted.

Losing 500-0 to a team rated 60 points higher isn't grounds for dropping a team, it just is another check point along the way.   Same as beating a team 500-0 that has a negative rating, would not justify a move up the polls over a team that lost by 7 points to a team rated 10 points higher.

Long story short you think Servites rankings boost is justified and in reality it's not... 

Servite played SJB close... Ok that's nice I'll give em a thumbs 👍 on that one but they still lost... Maybe a slight movement upward I've come to terms that maybe I'm a bit to cut throat with my idea of what deserves a boost and what doesn't. 

But they got absolutely rocked by MD and you think they deserve a boost no... It doesn't matter that MD is #1 in the nation a loss like that doesn't Garner praise dude... It's biased BS and you know it. If this where any other team you'd be blowing your blood vessels to Oblivion right now spewing BS about small market teams and what not... 

But I'm here to tell you... 

giphy (6).gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Long story short you think Servites rankings boost is justified and in reality it's not... 

Servite played SJB close... Ok that's nice I'll give em a thumbs 👍 on that one but they still lost... Maybe a slight movement upward I've come to terms that maybe I'm a bit to cut throat with my idea of what deserves a boost and what doesn't. 

But they got absolutely rocked by MD and you think they deserve a boost no... It doesn't matter that MD is #1 in the nation a loss like that doesn't Garner praise dude... It's biased BS and you know it. If this where any other team you'd be blowing your blood vessels to Oblivion right now spewing BS about small market teams and what not... 

But I'm here to tell you... 

giphy (6).gif

You are a bit cut throat about your idea of what deserves a boost and what doesn't.

I never said Servite deserves a boost for losing by alot to MD.  They do however deserve a boost for losing by 1 to SJB.

My point about Cal preps is that Cal preps (rightly) did not "punish" Servite for losing to MD, and "reward" Folsom for beating Hermitsville..  There will be lazy polls that will do just that.

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You are a bit cut throat about your idea of what deserves a boost and what doesn't.

I never said Servite deserves a boost for losing by alot to MD.  They do however deserve a boost for losing by 1 to SJB.

My point about Cal preps is that Cal preps (rightly) did not "punish" Servite for losing to MD, and "reward" Folsom for beating Hermitsville..  There will be lazy polls that will do just that.

I can get with the SJB thing.....

But they got boosted for getting blown out by MD that's the problem... CP rewarded them for getting destroyed... Had they kept it close with MD as in like A TD or less... Ok maybe... But 56-11 dude... C'mon man... 

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I can get with the SJB thing.....

But they got boosted for getting blown out by MD that's the problem... CP rewarded them for getting destroyed... Had they kept it close with MD as in like A TD or less... Ok maybe... But 56-11 dude... C'mon man... 

I agree that they should not have been boosted by the MD game, but Calpreps does that to all the teams, (see SFA) so to not boost Servite would not be consistent with their precedent model.

12 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So it sounds like it is a strength of schedule ranking and not a team ranking. 

No one in the world would believe survey was 44th in the country that’s just common sense. Maybe 444th. 

But they might have the 44th best schedule in the country. 

I see we have another pre schooler on the forum today.  Sigh.

I would not dis agree that there are more than 44 teams better than Servite at this point in the year.  You like to argue where teams should be placed on a stair case.

I am looking at a Macro level and an overall philosophy for where teams truly stack up against each other.

For example, I believe the #19 team in Florida most likely boatraces the # 3 team in Ohio.  Those schools play on different floors in the skyscraper.

16 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I see we have another pre schooler on the forum today.  Sigh.

I would not dis agree that there are more than 44 teams better than Servite at this point in the year.  You like to argue where teams should be placed on a stair case.

I am looking at a Macro level and an overall philosophy for where teams truly stack up against each other.

For example, I believe the #19 team in Florida most likely boatraces the # 3 team in Ohio.  Those schools play on different floors in the skyscraper.

Number 19 and 3 according to what, calpreps? Didn’t we just see that play out recently and the opposite happened? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Iggy was 3 last week, boat racing the #15 ranked Florida team at the time. Fact of the matter is that calpreps doesn’t have either team ranked appropriately. 

Can we keep the conversation to "today".  I didn't make my statement "last week".

Also don't know what your sidekick  @hardhit1 was guffawing about either.  His reading skills must be as "challenged" as yours today.

• Haha 1