Shadow Creek (TX)

Texasfrog

Just now, Horsefly said:

If you play a bad game that happens.  Who do you think MD looked like last year in their blowout loss to SJB?  Who did SJB look like in their close win over an average servite team a few weeks ago?  

Aledo played their best opponent of the season who traveled 1k miles and were obliterated at home.

MD unlike Aledo,  has a pedigree of beating top teams.  When has Aledo beaten a Katy or Allen regularly?

Just now, Horsefly said:

Of course it doesn’t matter to you, you’re very myopic. 

I don't paint pictures  that skew views. I use relevant information,  not opinions like yours.  The score was 42-0 before a last hurrah drive against the back up's resulting in Aledo's lone score(Which helped make the stats look close.)

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

Aledo played their best opponent of the season who traveled 1k miles and were obliterated at home.

MD unlike Aledo,  has a pedigree of beating top teams.  When has Aledo beaten a Katy or Allen regularly?

There is no difference in sampling a single game and drawing a conclusion. MD was given the opportunity to avenge their blowout loss, Aledo wasn’t 

Just now, steeler01 said:

I don't paint pictures  that skew views. I use relevant information,  not opinions like yours.  The score was 42-0 before a last hurrah drive against the back up's resulting in Aledo's lone score(Which helped make the stats look close.)

You use a sample size of one game to draw your conclusion about 5A vs ....

Aledo had critical turnovers, they were missing their best player.  Bad games happen, or is that only a CA phenomenon? 

8 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You use a sample size of one game to draw your conclusion about 5A vs ....

Aledo had critical turnovers, they were missing their best player.  Bad games happen, or is that only a CA phenomenon? 

I recall at the time(Prior to the game) that my argument was since they beat Cedar Park that Aledo was the top team in 5A.  You argued Cedar Park wasn't a top team but they ended up in the other 5A title game and should've beaten Ennis

42-0 with staters in doesnt just happen

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Aledo won again last year. Different year,  same result. How many Championship appearances for Aledo in a row now? 

What does that have to do with their season when they lost to Amat? Different players. 

MD has been in quite a few championships themselves, even winning one after a 41-18 blowout loss.  What does that have to do with this season? 

9 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

You use a sample size of one game to draw your conclusion about 5A vs  

There's not ever going to be a huge sample size. Your best best will be too daisy chain. We have one game to go off of because its the only time Aledo has played a top team(One that was playing with a QB that ended up being benched)

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I recall at the time(Prior to the game) that my argument was since they beat Cedar Park that Aledo was the top team in 5A.  You argued Cedar Park wasn't a top team but they ended up in the other 5A title game and should've beaten Ennis

42-0 with staters in doesnt just happen

Why are you reflecting from my argument that you are making a class assessment based on a game from 5 years ago? 

Cedar park at the time had losses in the regular season. 

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

What does that have to do with their season when they lost to Amat? Different players. 

MD has been in quite a few championships themselves, even winning one after a 41-18 blowout loss.  What does that have to do with this season? 

Nothing, it has to do with how they dominate 5A. 

MD is a top team nationally,  you're not going to find very many teams that can beat them annually.

There's not ever going to be a huge sample size. Your best best will be too daisy chain. We have one game to go off of because its the only time Aledo has played a top team(One that was playing with a QB that ended up being benched)

I simply don’t make an assessment on limited info.  Only those with agendas are quick to do that. 

Why are you reflecting from my argument that you are making a class assessment based on a game from 5 years ago? 

Cedar park at the time had losses in the regular season. 

A game that the same team/ program keeps winning

Your argument was prior to the Amat game though. 

Nothing, it has to do with how they dominate 5A. 

MD is a top team nationally,  you're not going to find very many teams that can beat them annually.

Even when SJB barely pulled off a close win over servite, I wasn’t running in and out of threads thinking it proved something.   Bad games happen and even great teams, MD last year, showed that they can get blown out too if you play enough good teams .  

• Like 1

Even when SJB barely pulled off a close win over servite, I wasn’t running in and out of threads thinking it proved something.   Bad games happen and even great teams, MD last year, showed that they can get blown out too if you play enough good teams .  

SJB has enough data to disprove anything you'd argue to the contrary.

Aledo has Amat. Aledo or any 5A power should schedule a top team.  

Manvel, Lonestar,  Highland Park etc

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Early In the regular season cedar park was not at the top of 5A. They had 3 losses in the regular season, one a 23-0 loss to dripping springs.    

Prior to Aledo, 1st game of the season you had nothing but historical evidence saying that Cedar Park was a top 10 team annually in 5A, but you went against it with nothing but opinion

13 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

SJB has enough data to disprove anything you'd argue to the contrary.

Aledo has Amat. Aledo or any 5A power should schedule a top team.  

Manvel, Lonestar,  Highland Park etc

Lancaster scheduled Duncanville the past 2 seasons.  Manvel has played north shore on numerous occasions, even when 5A.  Longview as 5A played regional finalist Allen and beat them. Lake Travis blew out 6A finalist westlake in 09. 

6 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Prior to Aledo, 1st game of the season you had nothing but historical evidence saying that Cedar Park was a top 10 team annually in 5A, but you went against it with nothing but opinion

So now you refute the actual 3 regular season losses?  Opinion based on returning starters, etc.  losing 23-0 to dripping springs was indicative to where they were that part of the season. 

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Lancaster scheduled Duncanville the past 2 seasons.  Manvel has played north shore on numerous occasions, even when 5A.  Longview as 5A played regional finalist Allen and beat them. Lake Travis blew out 6A finalist westlake in 09. 

Lake Travis is currently 6A and was playing annually in the 5A championship game and winning them

Manvel is currently 5A, but was 6A when those games happened and from what you people have said, had another school open up,  which has now taken up some of their talent. Which means,  their best teams are probably behind them now 

13 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So now you refute the actual 3 regular season losses?  Opinion based on returning starters, etc.  losing 23-0 to dripping springs was indicative to where they were that part of the season. 

Im not refuting them,  what I'm refuting is you shooting them down before those games happened. In the end,  regardless of those losses,  they wound up in a last minute tussle with Ennis for state

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Lake Travis is currently 6A and was playing annually in the 5A championship game and winning them

Manvel is currently 5A, but was 6A when those games happened and from what you people have said, had another school open up,  which has now taken up some of their talent. Which means,  their best teams are probably behind them now 

I know what LT is NOW.  But back in 2009 they played and beat 6A westlake who went on to the 6A finals.  

Manvel beat them in ‘16 and ‘17 as a 5A.