Shadow Creek (TX)

Texasfrog

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

As was mine,  by them making the final

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Yes,  and they were dominating 5A winning almost every game by multiple TDs. 

Didn't bother to look it up 

Do you know why we are even discussing 6A vs 5A games? Have you forgotten that quickly? 

It all had to do with your claim of top 5A not playing good 6A teams.  I’ve provided evidence that they have.  

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Do you know why we are even discussing 6A vs 5A games? Have you forgotten that quickly? 

It all had to do with your claim of top 5A not playing good 6A teams.  I’ve provided evidence that they have.  

You have Manvel. 

Using Lake Travis from 10 years ago is a stretch

I bring up current teams,  you bring up teams from a decade ago that are now 6A

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You have Manvel. 

Using Lake Travis from 10 years ago is a stretch

I have all of them, the 6A teams played were very relevant.  This represents about 6-8 games played too. It’s not a stretch, I went 5 years prior to the Amat game and 5 years after. 

Manvel (NS), Lancaster (DV), Longview (Allen) and lake Travis (westlake).

12 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I have all of them, the 6A teams played were very relevant.  This represents about 6-8 games played too. It’s not a stretch, I went 5 years prior to the Amat game and 5 years after. 

Manvel (NS), Lancaster (DV), Longview (Allen) and lake Travis (westlake).

Funny,  going off a game from 5 years ago is to long, but using a 10 year window is just fine. 

Lancaster lost by double digits

Teams that straddled the line and are currently 6A are your examples a decade ago

Longview-6A

Lake Travis-6A

Lets stay in the present. Manvel........

Just now, steeler01 said:

Funny,  going off a game from 5 years ago is to long, but using a 10 year window is just fine. 

Lancaster lost by double digits

Teams that straddled the line and are currently 6A are your example a decade ago

Longview-6A

Lake Travis-6A

Lets stay in the present. Manvel 

I said using a game from 5 years ago to assess an entire class TODAY is myopic.  As it is...

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Top 5A teams. The very best

Interesting.  So Lone star beating highland park 30-19 this season is indicative of them being nothing more than Rockwall? 

Last year:

HP 49 RW 42

Longview 42 RW 35

Allen 52 RW 40

so could I say that highland park, the best of 5A, was Allen or Longview? 

Just now, Horsefly said:

I said using a game from 5 years ago to assess an entire class TODAY is myopic.  As it is...

As is using top 5A teams from a decade ago to talk about the current 5A teams football quality. 

Your example is outlandish to.  Two teams that met up in back to back 5A finals. They're outliers . You have many years of data and you have to resort to 10 years ago and current 6A teams to show as evidence

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

As is using top 5A teams from a decade ago to talk about the current 5A teams football quality. 

Your example is outlandish to.  Two teams that met up in back to back 5A finals. They're outliers . You have many years of data and you have to resort to 10 years ago and current 6A teams to show as evidence

I’m not addressing 5A quality.  Not once have I given my opinion of 5A.   You stated top 5A don’t play good 6A.  I went back 10 years with games all the way to the present. ( For whatever reason you have dismissed entirely Lancaster playing Duncanville this year and last. ) 

6 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Interesting.  So Lone star beating highland park 30-19 this season is indicative of them being nothing more than Rockwall? 

Last year:

HP 49 RW 42

Longview 42 RW 35

Allen 52 RW 40

so could I say that highland park, the best of 5A, was Allen or Longview? 

Exactly,  a bunch daisy chaining is what you love. 

42-7 instead of daisy chaining

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m not addressing 5A quality.  Not once have I given my opinion of 5A.   You stated top 5A don’t play good 6A.  I went back 10 years with games all the way to the present. ( For whatever reason you have dismissed entirely Lancaster playing Duncanville this year and last. ) 

Actually you addressed the one game sample and started using Longview and Lake Travis wins from a decade ago to support your case that the top 5A teams can beat top teams

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

I’m answering your statement of top of 5A being rock wall.  And I’m using rock wall as the reference point.  You are all over the place Steeler. 

My place and stance is this

5A isn't very good. 

You have two or three teams some years 4 or 5 that can play in the 3rd or 4th round if they get a good draw in 6A. Then you get the outlier years where you get the top team that can play with anyone. 

The majority of 5A is mediocre though.  Infested with 1st round 6A teams

Just now, steeler01 said:

Actually you addressed the one game sample and started using Longview and Lake Travis wins from a decade ago to support your case that the top 5A teams can beat top teams

follow along.  All I’m doing is addressing different statements you’ve made throughout this thread.  

I used Longview and lake Travis games as examples of 5A playing top 6A b/c you stated there weren’t any games between the two. 

Good grief Steeler, pull it together. Our posting is not that lengthy for you to “forget”’what’s being talked about.  We long moved away from Aledo vs Amat particulars.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

follow along.  All I’m doing is addressing different statements you’ve made throughout this thread.  

I used Longview and lake Travis games as examples of 5A playing top 6A b/c you stated there weren’t any games between the two. 

Good grief Steeler, pull it together. Our posting is not that lengthy for you to “forget”’what’s being talked about.  We long moved away from Aledo vs Amat particulars.  

Read above,  stay on that topic. You tend to steer topics in other directions

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

My place is this

5A isn't very good. 

You have two or three teams some years 4 or 5 that can play in the 3rd or 4th round if they get a good draw in 6A. Then you get the outlier years where you get the top team that can play with anyone. 

The majority of 5A is mediocre though.  Infested with 1st round 6A teams

Most championships boil down to 3-4 teams battling it out each year.  So your point is pointless.  In Cali it’s 2 teams battling it out. 

7 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

9 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Read above,  stay on that topic. You tend to steer topics in other directions

So says the guy that made this statement when we were talking Aledo/Amat.  😂 

39 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

5A football is filled with Rockwall's at the very top and a bunch of teams ther caliber of last years Skyline

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Most championships boil down to 3-4 teams battling it out each year.  So your point is pointless.  In Cali it’s 2 teams battling it out. 

That's not the argument

It's the level of play of the classification. Where did I say that the Class sucks because 4 teams battle for a championship.  The level of the classification as a whole isn't very good.

5 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

So says the guy that made this statement when we were talking Aledo/Amat.  😂 

42-7 for a team that's at the top annually of 5A.

Its not a good look for a class when your top dog gets destroyed like that, then wins the title in the same manner they do annually. 

You don't get mulligans in these games

That same Amat team that played Aledo, lost to Chino Hills the very next week. Prompting them to bench that QB