Shadow Creek (TX)

Texasfrog

Just now, steeler01 said:

That's not the argument

It's the level of play of the classification. Where did I say that the Class sucks because 4 teams battle for a championship.  The level of the classification as a whole isn't very good.

Here’s your post.  

18 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

My place and stance is this

5A isn't very good. 

You have two or three teams some years 4 or 5 that can play in the 3rd or 4th round if they get a good draw in 6A. Then you get the outlier years where you get the top team that can play with anyone. 

The majority of 5A is mediocre though.  Infested with 1st round 6A teams

This is how you defined the class,  and it’s no different from its relationship to 6A as any class would be compared to the one above.  (3A to 4A, 4A to 5A, etc) 

All states have hierarchies and are defined by a few teams.  

Your statement was pointless. 

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Where would these teams last year get to in 6A not in El Paso or the Valley?

Wichita Falls Rider

Grapevine

Nederland

Marshall

Not very far, did they win something of merit to be a concern? 

Once again it’s a silly argument, you can do the same exercise with 1A-5A comparing pedestrian playoff teams to the class above. 

34 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

My place and stance is this

5A isn't very good. 

You have two or three teams some years 4 or 5 that can play in the 3rd or 4th round if they get a good draw in 6A. Then you get the outlier years where you get the top team that can play with anyone. 

The majority of 5A is mediocre though.  Infested with 1st round 6A teams

Not addressed,  glossed over

4 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not very far, did they win something of merit to be a concern? 

Once again it’s a silly argument, you can do the same exercise with 1A-5A comparing pedestrian playoff teams to the class above. 

The problem is, that's the meat of 5A. That's why it sucks.

As I mentioned above,  and you dismissed it and changed my stance

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Where would these teams last year get to in 6A not in El Paso or the Valley?

Wichita Falls Rider

Grapevine

Nederland

Marshall

At the end of the day I’ll be following in 5AD1: highland park, Lancaster, Ryan, shadow creek and lone star to see who comes out on top and to track what other teams may surface to upset any of them.  No different from any other class. 

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:
Not addressed,  glossed over

The majority of 6A is mediocre compared to the best in the class, the majority of 4A is mediocre compared to the best in that class, the majority of 3A is mediocre compared to the best in that class...

like I stated before you make a statement and think it’s profound and it’s not.  

8 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

LMAO..

The same people that have offered the QB's from John Curtis, BR-Catholic and Rummel.  Ha-ha-ha.

You know.. The three top Louisiana teams.

The Curtis QB is committed to Army which isn't a bad gig these days.

Rummel's first year starter has FCS offers. He's 6-4 220 lbs. His dad starred at LSU. He will pick up some D1 offers soon. You have my word.

Catholic's QB is a baseball commit. Decent HS QB. People know the type....he's heady and steady.

Point is I'm in reality while you are in some sort of fantasy bubble.

"Selection of 20 FBS offers soon" Yeah, sure. "wink"

• Thumbs Down 1

5 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

The problem is, that's the meat of 5A. That's why it sucks.

As I mentioned above,  and you dismissed it and changed my stance

That’s the meat of any class.  You do realize there are 250 or so schools in each class. And in each one there are only a handful of teams that will be competitive with the class elite. 

Skyline

plano

mayde creek

keller

pearce

rowlett

And this exists in every state. 

2 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

The majority of 6A is mediocre compared to the best in the class, the majority of 4A is mediocre compared to the best in that class, the majority of 3A is mediocre compared to the best in that class...

like I stated before you make a statement and think it’s profound and it’s not.  

That's not the argument though.  

We're talking level of football. 5A as a whole plays mediocre football. 

When the majority of your teams play at the level of a 1st round 6A team or less,  your level of football isn't very good. 

The majority of 6A being mediocre to the top is meaningless in this argument.  Stop steering

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

That’s the meat of any class.  You do realize there are 250 or so schools in each class. And in each one there are only a handful of teams that will be competitive with the class elite. 

Skyline

plano

mayde creek

keller

pearce

rowlett

And this exists in every state. 

Where have I said anything about playing with the top teams in their class?

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

That's not the argument though.  

We're talking level of football. 5A as a whole plays mediocre football. 

When the majority of your teams play at the level of a 1st round 6A team or less,  your level of football isn't very good. 

The majority of 6A being mediocre to the top is meaningless in this argument.  Stop steering

But this is your loose opinion based on limited evidence.  

4 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Stay on topic

Where does the majority of 5A fit into 6A? You know the class playing the highest level of football in Texas. 

Hell, try and rank the current  top 25 5A teams into the entirety of 6A

Overall it’s not as strong.  The same as 4A to 5A, 3A to 4A, etc 

8 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Stay on topic

Where does the majority of 5A fit into 6A? You know the class playing the highest level of football in Texas. 

Hell, try and rank the current  top 25 5A teams into the entirety of 6A

In the states top 30, 6A would have the majority followed by 5A with a smaller percentage, 4A even smaller and no one in the classes below 4A. 

3rd round team  South Oak Cliff 10 Skyline(7-3) 7(SOC 3rd round loser. Closest game for Aledo in the playoffs)

Quarterfinalist Birdville 31 Byron Nelson (2-8)24(Total yards you love 182-417. 6 turnovers was the difference)

3rd Round Coronado 30 Odessa 27(5-5)

Quarterfinalist John Tyler 7 Cedar Hill(9-2 1st round upset loser) 57

There's many many examples annually of the level of play, but Horse will disregard it and will now steer to class size

37 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

3rd round team  South Oak Cliff 10 Skyline(7-3) 7(SOC 3rd round loser. Closest game for Aledo in the playoffs)

Quarterfinalist Birdville 31 Byron Nelson (2-8)24(Total yards you love 182-417. 6 turnovers was the difference)

There's many many examples annually of the level of play, but Horse will disregard it and will now steer to class size

birdville didn’t play Byron Nelson last year 

11-1 Hutto (42-39) over 7-4 lamar

Desoto 55 skyline 53

6a semifinalist tascosa 35 Odessa 21.  

You listed a bunch of scores, there are thousands of games played weekly.  I’ve just added a few more...big deal 

27 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Let me summarize all that needs to be said about classes in TX: 

The majority of 1A wouldn’t do as good if they played in 2A.  The majority of 2A wouldn’t do as good if they played in 3A...the majority of 5A wouldn’t do as good if they played in 6A