Earl Campbell-- Texas needs a Black QB.

Texasfrog

Lamar Jackson better slow down because he will be part of some Rule Change to limit him if he breaks the QB rushing record and win a SB.  🤣 2 years from Now QBs will not be allowed  rush more than 10 times in a game.  Funny stuff till reality comes into focus.

Well there is this.

NCAA outlaws Dunking  from 1967 - 1976 known as the Lew Alcindor Rule = Because he would have slew more and others would have dominated the game during this time.   

Wilt Chamberlain: Free throw plane
When Wilt Chamberlain was in high school, he had a unique way of shooting free-throws. He would stand at the top of the key, throw the ball up toward the basket, take two steps, jump toward the rim and jam the ball through the net. Doing this resulted in basketball rules to state that a player cannot cross the plane of the free-throw line when shooting a free-throw.

In 1956, during his freshman year in college, the NCAA banned dunking free throws, as a result of rumors that Chamberlain had been doing that in high school. Later, the NBA also banned dunking free throws.

Blount's powerful style was so successful the NFL was forced to create a new rule for 1977 that banned any contact with receivers within the first 5 yards of the line of scrimmage. Known as the “Mel Blount Rule,” the 1977 rule is still enforced today, much to the annoyance of defensive backs everywhere

Bob Gibson  Gibson's dominance was part of the reason why baseball lowered the pitcher's mound from 15 inches to 10 inches and narrowed the strike zone's height from the batter's armpits to the jersey letters. These rules limited a slider's effectiveness, and a reduced strike zone gave the batter more of an even playing field.

I grew up out in the country..  I know so many brothers that dip that it isn't funny..

Go to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and get back with me!!!

By the way... I used to see Earl Campbell all the time and he drove around a Van that said... "Skoal Brother" on it.

He used to spend a lot of time at his best friend and fellow Houston Oiler "Tim Wilson" (RIP) house that lived about a mile away from me.

8 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

I grew up out in the country..  I know so many brothers that dip that it isn't funny..

Go to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo and get back with me!!!

By the way... I used to see Earl Campbell all the time and he drove around a Van that said... "Skoal Brother" on it.

I didn't know one that did. Not one.  They all mocked him and thought it was corny as hell pimping Skoal.  I don't know any brother that I grew up with that dipped Skoal and I know a lot of them that were Cowboys and they chewed Red Man.  All the ones I knew thought Earl was Corny in that Commercial and said Brothers don't dip Skoal.  🤣 Hell I know a lot of them Country boys right now and I don't know any that dip SKoal.  But they do drink Shitty bear like Bush, and Old Milwaukee Best which is just as Bad. They ride freaking Horses and 4 wheelers in a Black Cowboy Riding Club. My nephew is the V.P. and he don't do Skoal either.   I never seen a brother with that ring around his pocket.   I did see Red Man Chewing Tobacco in their front shirt pockets.

How  many other Brothers did you ever see with Skoal Brother on anything my Friend? 

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I didn't know one that did. Not one.  They all mocked him and thought it was corny as hell pimping Skoal.  I don't know any brother that I grew up with that dipped Skoal and I know a lot of them that were Cowboys and they chewed Red Man.  All the ones I knew thought Earl was Corny in that Commercial and said Brothers don't dip Skoal.  🤣 Hell I know a lot of them Country boys right now and I don't know any that dip SKoal.  But they do drink Shitty bear like Bush, and Old Milwaukee Best which is just as Bad. They ride freaking Horses and 4 wheelers in a Black Cowboy Riding Club. My nephew is the V.P. and he don't do Skoal either. 

Most educated people gave up tobacco of any kind long ago. Most of the people I see smoking now are people who look like they can least afford it. 

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I didn't know one that did. Not one.  They all mocked him and thought it was corny as hell pimping Skoal.  I don't know any brother that I grew up with that dipped Skoal and I know a lot of them that were Cowboys and they chewed Red Man.  All the ones I knew thought Earl was Corny in that Commercial and said Brothers don't dip Skoal.  🤣 Hell I know a lot of them Country boys right now and I don't know any that dip SKoal.  But they do drink Shitty bear like Bush, and Old Milwaukee Best which is just as Bad. They ride freaking Horses and 4 wheelers in a Black Cowboy Riding Club. My nephew is the V.P. and he don't do Skoal either. 

How  many other Brothers did you ever see with Skoal Brother  my Friend. 

None... the only one that had "Skoal Brother" on his Van was Earl.   But I also think he was getting paid for doing that.  It was a Green Van that looked like a can of skoal and and he had painted on the back doors of the van.."Skoal Brother."

Also.. now that you mention it.  I'm sure it was a lot of Red Man Chew too.

• Like 1

Just now, rockinl said:

Most educated people gave up tobacco of any kind long ago. Most of the people I see smoking now are people who look like they can least afford it. 

I agree sir.  I was in the store about 6 months ago and this old white dude came in and bought a Carton of Marlboro's and the dude said $115.00.   I was like WTF

5 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

None... the only one that had "Skoal Brother" on his Van was Earl.   But I also think he was getting paid for doing that.  It was a Green Van that looked like a can of skoal and and he had painted on the back doors of the van.."Skoal Brother."

Also.. now that you mention it.  I'm sure it was a lot of Red Man Chew too.

I knew a lot of them that Chewed Red Man including older ones.  But skoal was the can of the white kid with the ring around his pocket. 🤣 pun intended.  I took FFA my Freshmen Year and I was the only one not dipping and  without a ring around my pocket nor with the orange hunting vest over my Shirt.  Now that's Texan 

8 hours ago, DevilDog said:

And you know he chose OU over UT.  Who spent the night in his little town in Mississippi.  Did you see the documentary?

Also Texas destroys running backs because the QB's suck. OU develop's running backs like a factory.  Texas has 2 Heisman Trophy winners and Ricky Williams is a California kid.  Now imagine all the great running backs in this State.   OU Texas Running backs are elite because their QB's are always a threat.  I would not go to Texas if I was an elite Running back at all.  Notice when Vince Young and Colt McCoy was the QB the running backs were great.  Cedric Benson and Jamaal Charles. 

They destroyed  Kyle Porter, Jonathan Gray and all the 4* kids.  Keontay Ingram would be incredible with a great QB or if he was at OU.  I am glad Jace McClellan from Aledo is going to OU.  

Texas sucks at QB and RB and they don't produce WR's because the QB's suck for 45 year's except Vince and Colt. 

I don’t agree with U concerning the current UT QB...Keontay Ingram is far from special talent like Jonathan Gray he benefitted from being on great HS team.  He has not shown hardly any flashes of greatness.  They both have two things in common they don’t have great speed and the don’t make college players miss too often.  It doesn’t help that they probably are not getting great blocking.  

Cedric Benson was at UT before Vince Young made name for himself in High School.

At OU since 1999 the year Stoops took the Job he had 1 Black QB and the truth is had Murray and Hurts not transferred they would have had more white dudes. 

My point is OU has not been anymore black friendly in modern times than has UT nor have they ever hired black coach.  What they have done is out coached and done better job in evaluating players they are recruiting

list of OU QB’s - 

You have talked a lot of shit on zero U / mobilhoma over the years - I would hate to see you jump ship just because you think they like black kids more.

25C01B32-216B-46D4-86ED-285C754DE1EC.png

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Texasball said:

25 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I don’t agree with U concerning the current UT QB...Keontay Ingram is far from special talent like Jonathan Gray he benefitted from being on great HS team.  He has not shown hardly any flashes of greatness.  They both have two things in common they don’t have great speed and the don’t make college players miss too often.  It doesn’t help that they probably are not getting great blocking.  

Cedric Benson was at UT before Vince Young made name for himself in High School.

At OU since 1999 the year Stoops took the Job he had 1 Black QB and the truth is had Murray and Hurts not transferred they would have had more white dudes. 

My point is OU has not been anymore black friendly in modern times than has UT nor have they ever hired black coach.  What they have done is out coached and done better job in evaluating players they are recruiting

list of OU QB’s - 

You have talked a lot of shit on zero U / mobilhoma over the years - I would hate to see you jump ship just because you think they like black kids more.

25C01B32-216B-46D4-86ED-285C754DE1EC.png

The modern era of Football brother started in 1970.  OU went 7-2-1 vs. UT in the 1970's.  We like to brag about the all time record but since 1970 OU has won 8 more games and it's not getting closer.  You are right UT recruits Black Kids in droves but they were late to the party and I do think UT destroys Running backs.   OU has been more black friendly in Modern Times.  If your argument is since Texas tried to catch up I will give you that sir?

Guess who was the QB for Benson in 2004?  Soph VY.  Look at this.  Big difference with the QB.  UT sucks developing QB's an RB's.  Ingram would be dominate at OU.  I still hate them but envy them all the same my friend.  Cedric didn't have breakaway speed.   Funny how his YPC went up with that mobile threat as did Jamaal Charles who people forget.  In the last 49 years since 1970 they have had Black QBs starting for 16 years and played parts in 3 more years  Now you would be hard pressed to find any program equal that.  I bet UT would be hard pressed 1/4th of that.  They made it acceptable before anyone.  You can't be more Black friendly than that IMHO.   Stoops was the exception it seems.  But Riley is doing his part to revise the old Sooner DNA. 

Cedric Benson's UT Record.  2004 VY Was his QB and some of 2003.  

Rushing Receiving
Year Team GP Att Yards Avg TDs Rec Yards TDs
2001 Texas 12 223 1,053 4.7 12 17 203 1
2002 Texas 13 305 1,293 4.2 12 21 119 0
2003 Texas 12 258 1,360 5.3 21 9 120 1
2004 Texas 12 326 1,834 5.6 19 22 179 1
College Totals 49 1,112 5,540 5.0 64 69 621 3

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The modern era of Football brother started in 1970.  OU went 7-2-1 vs. UT in the 1970's.  We like to brag about the all time record but since 1970 OU has won 8 more games and it's not getting closer.  You are right UT drafts Black Kids in droves but they were late to the party and I do think UT destroys Running backs. 

Guess who was the QB for Benson in 2004?  Soph VY.  Look at this.  Big difference with the QB.  UT sucks developing QB's an RB's.  Ingram would be dominate at OU.  I still hate them but envy them all the same my friend.  

Rushing Receiving

I agree that in 2004 VY helped Benson as did the development of the zone read 

5 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I agree that in 2004 VY helped Benson as did the development of the zone read 

And Keontay Ingram would be the same if he had that threat at QB.  Jonathan Gray Sucked because the QB's were atrocious. 

Even without that Threat Ingram has 98 carries in 8 games for 512 yds. 5.0 per carry 

For someone not very good.  In his freshmen year he rushed for 803 yds on 185 carries for 4.2 ypc    

He is a volume back and they don't give him the ball more than like 8 - 10 times a game.  I would leave if I was him. 

14 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The modern era of Football brother started in 1970.  OU went 7-2-1 vs. UT in the 1970's.  We like to brag about the all time record but since 1970 OU has won 8 more games and it's not getting closer.  You are right UT drafts Black Kids in droves but they were late to the party and I do think UT destroys Running backs. 

Guess who was the QB for Benson in 2004?  Soph VY.  Look at this.  Big difference with the QB.  UT sucks developing QB's an RB's.  Ingram would be dominate at OU.  I still hate them but envy them all the same my friend.  

Rushing Receiving

I don’t look at the 70’s as the modern era of college football.

I believe the new modern era started much later when nearly everyone started spreading the field and throwing the ball about the time the West Coast Offense and the Run and Shoot started getting popular.

8 minutes ago, Texasball said:

I don’t look at the 70’s as the modern era of college football.

I believe the new modern era started much later when nearly everyone started spreading the field and throwing the ball about the time the West Coast Offense and the Run and Shoot started getting popular.

Here are the QB's currently at Texas and arguably the most talented one has been turned into a RB.  Though they have 3 legit Running backs.   Who the hell are these Jabroni's 🤣  I see Casey Thompson an athletic kid bolting soon.   Texas needs an elite QB to compete and I don't care what color he is we don't have one and we have a problem developing one.  Swoopes is proof being Black don't make you elite. 

30 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Here are the QB's currently at Texas and arguably the most talented one has been turned into a RB.  Though they have 3 legit Running backs.   Who the hell are these Jabroni's 🤣  I see Casey Thompson an athletic kid bolting soon.   Texas needs an elite QB to compete and I don't care what color he is we don't have one and we have a problem developing one.  Swoopes is proof being Black don't make you elite. 

31 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Tom Herman has proven that he will go with black QB’s and he has recruited two Dual threat black QB’s at UT.  IMO if he really thought either gave him better opportunity to win they would be starting.  

I doubt very seriously that Roschon is better option as true freshman.  

How many black QB’s outside of transfers have OU recruited in the last 2 or 3 years. Hell, we even went to Oklahoma and got the Thompson kid.

Sam Ehlinger has been good QB the last two years

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

Just out of curiosity..  How do you say that QB/RB-Roschon Johnson is arguably the most talented one on UT roster?

Arm strength.  Arm accuracy..  Poise in the pocket...  are just straight line 40 yard dash speed and his ability to make people miss in space?

Because he hasn't played a down at QB.

37 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Just out of curiosity..  How do you say that QB/RB-Roschon Johnson is arguably the most talented one on UT roster?

Arm strength.  Arm accuracy..  Poise in the pocket...  are just straight line 40 yard dash speed and his ability to make people miss in space?

Because he hasn't played a down at QB.

I believe what I have seen of him in HS and his ability to create space with how the game is today. He is without a doubt to me the most talented.  I like Sam I think he is a great kid with a Great Story and my Friend @Texasball and I disagree on him.  I don't think he is a very good QB.  I think he is inaccurate and holds the ball too long and is indecisive about running unless it's a running play for him.  Once teams figured out that running of him to the right on 4th down they get shut down on more 4th down calls than anyone like the LSU games and others.  I think Roshon would create plays downfield for a great WR corps that Sam can't.  Hell Colin Johnson is always hurt from having to be stretch Armstrong catching all those errant passes from Sam.  I think Sam would be a great T.E..  That's my Takes.  Roschon is  VY type kid that comes along rarely and they have screwed him up by making him a RB.  He would be balling out if he hadn't went to UT.  

Read the comments in the video.  Here are a few.  I agree totally.  Hell look what he is doing as a Running back should tell anyone that knows football this kid is special.   What Texas is doing is as if Baltimore would have made Lamar Jackson a RB and kept Flacco.     This kid is Dynamic. A better QB in HS than Vince.   Texas is Texas IMHO.  He passed on OU.  Just imagine what they would do with this Kid.   Sam has none of these intangibles and only VY can be compared.   He is an Elite Athlete at QB.    Put the ball in his hands 60 times a game and see what that Offense becomes.    Believe me Earl's comment had a lot to do with this kid.  I am keen enough to have read thru what he said.  

J Font
He needs to play quarterback, he's not a dam running back. U.T .
Paul Hatton
Saw 80-90% of his HS games in person 100% of Sr year games. I’ve never seen a better player.