Earl Campbell-- Texas needs a Black QB.

Texasfrog

I've always been a huge fan of Earl Campbell.  His not just the University of Texas Football royality,  He is the State of Texas Football Royality and a NFL Hall-of-Famer.

But I find his comments to be 100% disgusting and Racist to basically say... " The University of Texas can't win unless it has a Black QB."

• Haha 3

Just now, Texasfrog said:

I've always been a huge fan of Earl Campbell.  His not just the University of Texas Football royality,  He is the State of Texas Football Royality and a NFL Hall-of-Famer.

But I find his comments to be 100% disgusting and Racist to basically say... " The University of Texas can't win unless it has a Black QB."

That’s like Jerry Jones going out and says Dallas can’t win without a white QB

Jerry would get crucified for that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’s like Jerry Jones going out and says Dallas can’t win without a white QB

Jerry would get crucified for that

Jerry currently owns the cowboys.  Earl is retired and has no official capacity with UT.  Their statements would be viewed differently although Earl is getting roasted for his comments 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Surprised it took this long for one of yall to post this. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Jerry currently owns the cowboys.  Earl is retired and has no official capacity with UT.  Their statements would be viewed differently although Earl is getting roasted for his comments 

Sorry Horsefly..  Earl may not speak on an "Official capacity" for UT.  But he most differently speaks as a major "Unofficial capacity" and words always hold a lot of respect for UT.   You can't walk around any part of the UT athletic facilities without seeing Earl Campbell bust, photos and ect.

So yes..  When he speaks.. He speaks in many ways for the UT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

He is getting roasted.  But there is this:  https://www.kut.org/post/texas-football-black-quarterbacks-battle-against-racism

The Big 12 is 24 years old and Texas has 3 Big 12 Titles and the only 2 Black Starting QB's for the Year during this time won 2 of them.  James Brown (The GodFather of Football 🤣)  and Vince Young and if Vince would have came back they very likely would have another title and a Natty.   Meanwhile over in Mobilehoma they been kicking our asses with Black Qb's from Well this right here. 

1976    Thomas Lott    
1977    Thomas Lott    
1978    Thomas Lott    
1979    J. C. Watts    
1980    J. C. Watts    
1981    Darrell Shepard

1983    Danny Bradley    
1984    Troy Aikman, Danny Bradley    
1985    Jamelle Holieway (8), Troy Aikman† (4)    (They even ran off Troy to UCLA for a BLACK QB)
1986    Jamelle Holieway    
1987    Jamelle Holieway (9), Charles Thompson (3)    
1988    Jamelle Holieway

1994    Garrick McGee (11), Terence Brown (1)

2006   Paul Thompson (14)

2018    Kyler Murray‡ (12) A
2019    Jalen Hurts (6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the best QB's in Texas History and the only 2 African Americans to start a whole season are listed among them.  When Ehlinger is #3 all time it explains why Texas keeps getting smoked.    How many on this list would have Started at Mobilehoma?    Texas sucks when it comes to QB's.  

1 Vince Young

2003 - 2005

Colt McCoy is listed (or ranked) 2 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Colt McCoy

2006 - 2009

Sam Ehlinger is listed (or ranked) 3 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Sam Ehlinger

2017-2018

Major Applewhite is listed (or ranked) 4 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Major Applewhite

1998 - 2001

James Street is listed (or ranked) 5 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
James Street

1967 - 1969

James Brown is listed (or ranked) 6 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
James Brown

1994 - 1997

Chris Simms is listed (or ranked) 7 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Chris Simms

1999 - 2002

Peter Gardere is listed (or ranked) 8 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Peter Gardere

1989 - 1992

Todd Dodge is listed (or ranked) 9 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Todd Dodge

1981 - 1985

Alan Lowry is listed (or ranked) 10 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
ReyVanderbilt addedAlan Lowry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Is He lieing?

Unbelievable No Way GIF

For the record all of these guys wanted to come to Texas at one time and were turned away or offered another position.    

Andre Ware Heisman winner;   They wanted him to play CB.  And he dropped 66 on their asses at UT:   

Ware torched Texas for 304 yards, and five touchdown passes. 

- Afterward Ware to the Austin American Statesman, "This was a real personal game to me. I felt like I had to make them pay for not giving me a chance." Make'em pay Andre!

Jalen Hurts (Natty Champion)

Jamies Winston (Heisman winner)  They wouldn't return his phone call after he saw VY playing

Darron Thomas (Aldine 4* QB) led Oregon on BCS Run

Robert Griffin III  Texas offered him as an athlete 

Aldine and Houston are about 175 miles east of Austin. Copperas Cove is 75 miles north. Three outstanding quarterbacks were playing high school football within three hours of the University of Texas, but the Longhorns passed on offering any of them (as quarterbacks, at least). 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

He is getting roasted.  But there is this:  https://www.kut.org/post/texas-football-black-quarterbacks-battle-against-racism

The Big 12 is 24 years old and Texas has 3 Big 12 Titles and the only 2 Black Starting QB's for the Year during this time won 2 of them.  James Brown (The GodFather of Football 🤣)  and Vince Young and if Vince would have came back they very likely would have another title and a Natty.   Meanwhile over in Mobilehoma they been kicking our asses with Black Qb's from Well this right here. 

1976    Thomas Lott    
1977    Thomas Lott    
1978    Thomas Lott    
1979    J. C. Watts    
1980    J. C. Watts    
1981    Darrell Shepard

1983    Danny Bradley    
1984    Troy Aikman, Danny Bradley    
1985    Jamelle Holieway (8), Troy Aikman† (4)    (They even ran off Troy to UCLA for a BLACK QB)
1986    Jamelle Holieway    
1987    Jamelle Holieway (9), Charles Thompson (3)    
1988    Jamelle Holieway

1994    Garrick McGee (11), Terence Brown (1)

2006   Paul Thompson (14)

2018    Kyler Murray‡ (12) A
2019    Jalen Hurts (6)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the best QB's in Texas History and the only 2 African Americans to start a whole season are listed among them.  When Ehlinger is #3 all time it explains why Texas keeps getting smoked.    How many on this list would have Started at Mobilehoma?    Texas sucks when it comes to QB's.  

1 Vince Young

2003 - 2005

Colt McCoy is listed (or ranked) 2 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Colt McCoy

2006 - 2009

Sam Ehlinger is listed (or ranked) 3 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Sam Ehlinger

2017-2018

Major Applewhite is listed (or ranked) 4 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Major Applewhite

1998 - 2001

James Street is listed (or ranked) 5 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
James Street

1967 - 1969

James Brown is listed (or ranked) 6 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
James Brown

1994 - 1997

Chris Simms is listed (or ranked) 7 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Chris Simms

1999 - 2002

Peter Gardere is listed (or ranked) 8 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Peter Gardere

1989 - 1992

Todd Dodge is listed (or ranked) 9 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
Todd Dodge

1981 - 1985

Alan Lowry is listed (or ranked) 10 on the list The Best Texas Longhorns Quarterbacks of All Time
ReyVanderbilt addedAlan Lowry

Maaaaan look....Don't get me started on Simms overrated ass...

I'm trying to stay calm and just seeing his name made me want to go drink some 40s.

As a Buffs fan...I thank him for that Big XII Title tho 👍.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Maaaaan look....Don't get me started on Simms overrated ass...

I'm trying to stay calm and just seeing his name made me want to go drink some 40s.

As a Buffs fan...I thank him for that Big XII Title tho 👍.

Mack forced his sorry ass on the Horns and yes blew a chance for the Big12 and play for a NC.  Texas will not ever be a power because well They are Texas.  That soured me on the Horns and he isn't the only overrated one.  Ehlinger is as well. Meanwhile Buechele is throwing TD's like darts at a bar.  Not once have they used Roshon at QB imagine what he will do to open up space.   That might be the worst top 10 list of QB's of any Power 5 program in the Country. 

• Like 1

I think the wording was wrong. He could have made the same point without causing controversy. 

He could have said “athletic QB” or “dual threat” 

i don’t think black QBs have historically been drop back pocket passers. That’s not what you think about. You think of mobile, fast playmakers. Cam Newton is good in the pocket though. 

He could have just said Texas needs a more dynamic playmaker like VY and everyone would have gotten the point. 

But Earl is old, and isn’t scared to voice his opinion unfiltered. I have more leeway with old people 😂

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think the wording was wrong. He could have made the same point without causing controversy. 

He could have said “athletic QB” or “dual threat” 

i don’t think black QBs have historically been drop back pocket passers. That’s not what you think about. You think of mobile, fast playmakers. Cam Newton is good in the pocket though. 

He could have just said Texas needs a more dynamic playmaker like VY and everyone would have gotten the point. 

But Earl is old, and isn’t scared to voice his opinion unfiltered. I have more leeway with old people 😂

you's a lie...I'm old...you ain't cutt'in me no slack

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Sorry Horsefly..  Earl may not speak on an "Official capacity" for UT.  But he most differently speaks as a major "Unofficial capacity" and words always hold a lot of respect for UT.   You can't walk around any part of the UT athletic facilities without seeing Earl Campbell bust, photos and ect.

So yes..  When he speaks.. He speaks in many ways for the UT.

He speaks but he doesn’t impact the type of players UT recruits directly.   In other words I wouldn’t bet that the type of QB he thinks UT needs to play to be what UT recruits and plays next season.  Herman and co will dismiss his suggestion 

4 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

If a White Hall-of-Famer Athlete would say something like that about their former College football team.

Every Photo,  Bust, Trophy and Award of that White Athlete would be banished and put in the basement and the University would totally disavow that athlete. 100% FACT!!!

I saw a laughing emoji next to this comment.

I knew it would be that pussy @AztecPadre

What a dope. 

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

You are playing poker with your hand face up the last few days..... 

Garbage take. 

Remember Stephan A Smith on ESPN said he views Dwayne Haskins as more of a running QB than a thrower at Ohio state pre draft? But when his stats were revealed it proved he NEVER ran the ball and only threw but wasn’t reprimanded by ESPN for those comments solely because Smith is black. 

Good times.