1 minute ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I know you better than you know yourself

I can never trust a man to know himself when he doesn't know himself

you're just scratching the surface of a tour with a very unreliable tour guide

What are you babbling about?  😂 

Cheers, I’ve got better things to do.  

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, rockinl said:

Earls been eating too much sausage and took too many head shots.  

And dipping.  I grew up in bEast Texas and never knew one brother that dipped.  Most thought WTF Earl 🤣 and none of them Liked Texas they were mostly OU fans because of how the Teams looked in the 70's.  Even today most of the Brothers my age in East Texas still root for the Sooners.  I never rooted for UT as  Kid.  I rooted for OU.  

This is really ironic at this stage of my life. Most of my Life African Americans were perceived as not smart enough to QB, Pitch or play middle Linebacker and the Two teams that were defying this before the others were Michigan State  and OU who recruited kids from Texas that UT wouldn't.  What's Ironic Earl is the 1st big time African American athlete that UT recruited.  Most African Americans did not like Texas in Texas.  They liked OU for good reasons. 

What's even more ironic OU Took the Wishbone from UT and Switzer said he would put better athletes in the backfield and well it was magic.  As a kid in bEast Texas I loved them.  Overstreet, Sims East Texas kids big Afro's and Swag.   There's more to this than Earl's Statement if people really analyzed.   Texas was the last  all white team to win a N.C.   And they have passed on very good African American QB's that were dying to come to UT.  Earl maybe wrong in his thoughts and expression because good is good regardless of Color.  But there is some context.  He knows UT and I think he was making a bigger Statement. 

Texas never had this and they fell behind the ball and OU because of this legacy still has that pipeline in Texas with African American Players.  

They refused to consider Switzer's life-changing accomplishments. The bootlegger's boy never claimed he was a choirboy, but he was also a man way ahead of his time when it came to race relations.

He took black players from poor backgrounds and gave them an opportunity for a better life, while many of his peers refused to recruit them. Those players were asking for a first chance at the American dream, not a second one. And the great majority of them became success stories.

Man they had Swag in 70's just like they do today.   That 1970 Wishbone at UT didn't look like this one.  🤣

Interesting list  Greatest College QB's of all time.  13 African Americans on the list on a Position they didn't get to play really till the late 90's.  #3, #16 #21 #27  on the list are Texas Kids.   So since 1990 5 of the top 15 greatest ever is pretty impressive consider they weren't  given the opportunity for the position till the 1990s.   That's a pretty amazing accomplishment.    By the way UT needs a better QB regardless of color and they need a mobile one in the Big 12

Tim Tebow is listed (or ranked) 1 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time.   
Tim TebowUniversity of Florida
Peyton Manning is listed (or ranked) 2 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Peyton ManningUniversity of Tennessee Knoxville
Vince Young is listed (or ranked) 3 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Vince YoungUniversity of Texas
Dan Marino is listed (or ranked) 4 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Dan MarinoUniversity of Pittsburgh
Drew Brees is listed (or ranked) 5 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Drew BreesPurdue Boilermakers football
Tommie Frazier is listed (or ranked) 6 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Tommie FrazierNebraska Cornhuskers football
John Elway is listed (or ranked) 7 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
John ElwayStanford Cardinal football
Doug Flutie is listed (or ranked) 8 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Doug FlutieBuffalo Bills, Toronto Argonauts, New England Patriots
9  Roger Staubach is listed (or ranked) 9 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Roger StaubachNavy Midshipmen football
10 Joe Montana is listed (or ranked) 10 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Joe MontanaNotre Dame Fighting Irish football
11Deshaun Watson is listed (or ranked) 11 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
DeShaun WatsonHouston Texans
12 Michael Vick is listed (or ranked) 12 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Michael VickVirginia Tech Hokies football
13 Cam Newton is listed (or ranked) 13 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Cam NewtonAuburn Tigers football, Florida Gators football

14 Andrew Luck is listed (or ranked) 14 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Andrew LuckStanford Cardinal football
15 Baker Mayfield is listed (or ranked) 15 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Baker MayfieldTexas Tech Red Raiders
16 Robert Griffin III is listed (or ranked) 16 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Robert Griffin IIIBaylor Bears football
17 Johnny Manziel is listed (or ranked) 17 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Johnny ManzielTexas A&M University
18 Steve Young is listed (or ranked) 18 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Steve YoungBYU Cougars football
19 Joe Namath is listed (or ranked) 19 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Joe NamathLos Angeles Rams, Alabama Crimson Tide Football, New York Jets
20 Marcus Mariota is listed (or ranked) 20 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Marcus MariotaOregon Ducks
21 Jalen Hurts is listed (or ranked) 21 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Jalen HurtsOklahoma Sooners
22 Steve Spurrier is listed (or ranked) 22 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Steve SpurrierTampa Bay Buccaneers, Florida Gators football, San Francisco 49ers
23 Jim Plunkett is listed (or ranked) 23 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Jim PlunkettStanford Cardinal football, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots

24 Lamar Jackson is listed (or ranked) 24 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Lamar JacksonBaltimore Ravens
25 Sam Bradford is listed (or ranked) 25 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Sam BradfordOklahoma Sooners football
26 Matt Leinart is listed (or ranked) 26 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Matt LeinartUSC Trojans football

27 Kyler Murray is listed (or ranked) 27 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Kyler MurrayArizona Cardinals

28 Colt McCoy is listed (or ranked) 28 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Colt McCoyUniversity of Texas at Austin

29  Morley Drury is listed (or ranked) 29 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Morley Drury

30 Ray Morrison is listed (or ranked) 30 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Ray Morrison

31 Robbie Bosco is listed (or ranked) 31 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Robbie Bosco

32 Charles Dudley Daly is listed (or ranked) 32 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Charles Dudley Daly

33 Pooley Hubert is listed (or ranked) 33 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
34 ranker_noimage--small.svg
Bo McMillinCentre Colonels

35 Kellen Moore is listed (or ranked) 35 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Kellen MooreBoise State Broncos football

36 Archie Manning is listed (or ranked) 36 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
mcmurf15 added
Archie ManningNew Orleans Saints, Houston Oilers, Ole Miss Rebels football

37 Benny Friedman is listed (or ranked) 37 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
38ranker_noimage--small.svg
Bill Spears

39 Harry Newman is listed (or ranked) 39 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
40 Sammy Baugh is listed (or ranked) 40 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Sammy BaughTCU Horned Frogs football, Washington Redskins, Columbus Red Birds

41 Steve McNair is listed (or ranked) 41 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Steve McNairBaltimore Ravens, Alcorn State Braves, Tennessee Titans

42 Charlie Ward is listed (or ranked) 42 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Charlie WardFlorida State Seminoles football

43 Ty Detmer is listed (or ranked) 43 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Ty DetmerGreen Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers

44 Carson Palmer is listed (or ranked) 44 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Carson PalmerUSC Trojans football, Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders

45 Ken Dorsey is listed (or ranked) 45 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Ken DorseyMiami Hurricanes

46 Davey O'Brien is listed (or ranked) 46 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Davey O'BrienTCU Horned Frogs

47 Case Keenum is listed (or ranked) 47 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Case KeenumHouston Cougars football

48  Kordell Stewart is listed (or ranked) 48 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Kordell StewartPittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens

49  Denard Robinson is listed (or ranked) 49 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Denard RobinsonMichigan Wolverines football, Jacksonville Jaguars

50 Pat White is listed (or ranked) 50 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Pat WhiteWest Virginia Mountaineers football

6 hours ago, DevilDog said:

And dipping.  I grew up in bEast Texas and never knew one brother that dipped.  Most thought WTF Earl 🤣 and none of them Liked Texas they were mostly OU fans because of how the Teams looked in the 70's.  Even today most of the Brothers my age in East Texas still root for the Sooners.  I never rooted for UT as  Kid.  I rooted for OU.  

I actually have known several. Back in our day, it wasn't a "thing" with black guys, but it seemed to grow over the years.

2 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Texas has won one national championship in 50 years. And it was with a black QB. 

So what Earl Campbell said could be taken as a lighthearted joke.  They need that same blue print from 05. 

That blueprint from 2005 was... Strong O-line, RB's, WR'/TEs, D-line, LB's and DB's and kicking game

Yes.. The QB (Vince Young) was black.  He was also a super-phenom athlete and there hasn't been a Vince Young since Vince Young.

It's not like every black QB is freaking Vince Young..   LMFAO!!

Almost all those players on the 2005 National Championship team played in the NFL.

Texas  (UT) has recruited several High-Profile Black QB prospects since the Vince Young days and none of the panned out.  Most of them got switched to WR or TE after a couple of years on campus.

Listen... I've been an Earl Campbell fan forever.   He is Texas Football Royalty!!

But what he said is the textbook definition of "Racism."   Skin Color is the limiting factor of ability..

I'll say it again..   If a White Hall-of-Famer football player had said the exact same thing but replace "Black with White" and there would be protest, unrest, 1,000 of people demanding his name, photos, plaques, trophies be removed from all corners of the University and many other things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Listen... I've been an Earl Campbell fan forever.   He is Texas Football Royalty!!

But what he said is the textbook definition of "Racism."   Skin Color is the limiting factor of ability..

I'll say it again..   If a White Hall-of-Famer football player had said the exact same thing but replace "Black with White" and there would be protest, unrest, 1,000 of people demanding his name, photos, plaques, trophies be removed from all corners of the University and many other things.

Correct. The world is fucked because of lousy liberals.

10 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

You got your responses, whether by a response, or non-response, or a response to something was that was wholly besides the point, or by splitting hairs, or telling a story.

You were right.  Just accept it--no minds are changing.  You hopefully have a better picture of how your buddies think.  The story goes, Diogenes wandered around looking for an honest man and never found one.

On 11/1/2019 at 7:50 PM, Nolebull813 said:

I think the wording was wrong. He could have made the same point without causing controversy. 

He could have said “athletic QB” or “dual threat” 

i don’t think black QBs have historically been drop back pocket passers. That’s not what you think about. You think of mobile, fast playmakers. Cam Newton is good in the pocket though. 

He could have just said Texas needs a more dynamic playmaker like VY and everyone would have gotten the point. 

But Earl is old, and isn’t scared to voice his opinion unfiltered. I have more leeway with old people 😂

This is what he is saying - drop back passers are out of style in college - but not yet in the NFL.  One reason so many great college QBs wash out at the next level.  And there are a helluva lot of Longhorn fans - white and black - who agree with him - whether they admit it publicly or not.

15 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Interesting list  Greatest College QB's of all time.  13 African Americans on the list on a Position they didn't get to play really till the late 90's.  #3, #16 #21 #27  on the list are Texas Kids.   So since 1990 5 of the top 15 greatest ever is pretty impressive consider they weren't  given the opportunity for the position till the 1990s.   That's a pretty amazing accomplishment.    By the way UT needs a better QB regardless of color and they need a mobile one in the Big 12

Tim Tebow is listed (or ranked) 1 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time.   
Tim TebowUniversity of Florida
Peyton Manning is listed (or ranked) 2 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Peyton ManningUniversity of Tennessee Knoxville
Vince Young is listed (or ranked) 3 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Vince YoungUniversity of Texas
Dan Marino is listed (or ranked) 4 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Dan MarinoUniversity of Pittsburgh
Drew Brees is listed (or ranked) 5 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Drew BreesPurdue Boilermakers football
Tommie Frazier is listed (or ranked) 6 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Tommie FrazierNebraska Cornhuskers football
John Elway is listed (or ranked) 7 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
John ElwayStanford Cardinal football
Doug Flutie is listed (or ranked) 8 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Doug FlutieBuffalo Bills, Toronto Argonauts, New England Patriots
9  Roger Staubach is listed (or ranked) 9 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Roger StaubachNavy Midshipmen football
10 Joe Montana is listed (or ranked) 10 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Joe MontanaNotre Dame Fighting Irish football
11Deshaun Watson is listed (or ranked) 11 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
DeShaun WatsonHouston Texans
12 Michael Vick is listed (or ranked) 12 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Michael VickVirginia Tech Hokies football
13 Cam Newton is listed (or ranked) 13 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Cam NewtonAuburn Tigers football, Florida Gators football

14 Andrew Luck is listed (or ranked) 14 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Andrew LuckStanford Cardinal football
15 Baker Mayfield is listed (or ranked) 15 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Baker MayfieldTexas Tech Red Raiders
16 Robert Griffin III is listed (or ranked) 16 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Robert Griffin IIIBaylor Bears football
17 Johnny Manziel is listed (or ranked) 17 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Johnny ManzielTexas A&M University
18 Steve Young is listed (or ranked) 18 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Steve YoungBYU Cougars football
19 Joe Namath is listed (or ranked) 19 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Joe NamathLos Angeles Rams, Alabama Crimson Tide Football, New York Jets
20 Marcus Mariota is listed (or ranked) 20 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Marcus MariotaOregon Ducks
21 Jalen Hurts is listed (or ranked) 21 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Jalen HurtsOklahoma Sooners
22 Steve Spurrier is listed (or ranked) 22 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Steve SpurrierTampa Bay Buccaneers, Florida Gators football, San Francisco 49ers
23 Jim Plunkett is listed (or ranked) 23 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Jim PlunkettStanford Cardinal football, Oakland Raiders, New England Patriots

24 Lamar Jackson is listed (or ranked) 24 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Lamar JacksonBaltimore Ravens
25 Sam Bradford is listed (or ranked) 25 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Sam BradfordOklahoma Sooners football
26 Matt Leinart is listed (or ranked) 26 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Matt LeinartUSC Trojans football

27 Kyler Murray is listed (or ranked) 27 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Kyler MurrayArizona Cardinals

28 Colt McCoy is listed (or ranked) 28 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Colt McCoyUniversity of Texas at Austin

29  Morley Drury is listed (or ranked) 29 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Morley Drury

30 Ray Morrison is listed (or ranked) 30 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Ray Morrison

31 Robbie Bosco is listed (or ranked) 31 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Robbie Bosco

32 Charles Dudley Daly is listed (or ranked) 32 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Charles Dudley Daly

33 Pooley Hubert is listed (or ranked) 33 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
34 ranker_noimage--small.svg
Bo McMillinCentre Colonels

35 Kellen Moore is listed (or ranked) 35 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Kellen MooreBoise State Broncos football

36 Archie Manning is listed (or ranked) 36 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
mcmurf15 added
Archie ManningNew Orleans Saints, Houston Oilers, Ole Miss Rebels football

37 Benny Friedman is listed (or ranked) 37 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
38ranker_noimage--small.svg
Bill Spears

39 Harry Newman is listed (or ranked) 39 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
40 Sammy Baugh is listed (or ranked) 40 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Sammy BaughTCU Horned Frogs football, Washington Redskins, Columbus Red Birds

41 Steve McNair is listed (or ranked) 41 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Steve McNairBaltimore Ravens, Alcorn State Braves, Tennessee Titans

42 Charlie Ward is listed (or ranked) 42 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Charlie WardFlorida State Seminoles football

43 Ty Detmer is listed (or ranked) 43 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Ty DetmerGreen Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers

44 Carson Palmer is listed (or ranked) 44 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Carson PalmerUSC Trojans football, Cincinnati Bengals, Oakland Raiders

45 Ken Dorsey is listed (or ranked) 45 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Ken DorseyMiami Hurricanes

46 Davey O'Brien is listed (or ranked) 46 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Davey O'BrienTCU Horned Frogs

47 Case Keenum is listed (or ranked) 47 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time

Case KeenumHouston Cougars football

48  Kordell Stewart is listed (or ranked) 48 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Kordell StewartPittsburgh Steelers, Chicago Bears, Baltimore Ravens

49  Denard Robinson is listed (or ranked) 49 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Denard RobinsonMichigan Wolverines football, Jacksonville Jaguars

50 Pat White is listed (or ranked) 50 on the list The Greatest College Football Quarterbacks of All Time
Pat WhiteWest Virginia Mountaineers football

Notice how remarkably few of those were great NFL QBs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

This is what he is saying - drop back passers are out of style in college - but not yet in the NFL.  One reason so many great college QBs wash out at the next level.  And there are a helluva lot of Longhorn fans - white and black - who agree with him - whether they admit it publicly or not.

We live in a multi-ethnic society.  (The Far or Hard Left would like us to be a multi-cultural society, but that's besides the point here.)  That means, whether things are true or not is not always dispositive.  It's not political correctness, which I'm not a fan of, but common decency for our common man.  Political correctness is an orthodoxy wielded for power.  I'm talking about what our grandmothers taught us--decency.

We try to stay away from topics that emphasize our differences, and there are differences, surely.  The Military guys on this board know that only too well--commonality is emphasized there, brotherhood, deeper things than skin color.  Speaking of diversity (our differences) tends to (and the data overwhemingly bears this out) drives people apart.

I'm I against telling the truth or delving into differences?  No way.  But the question is when and for what purpose.  And it can be like handling dynamite.  A HSF board cannot do the topic justice.  The thread creator's point was that there's a double standard, a hypocrisy.  Not directed at you, but saying that Earl in right is really of no moment.  Think for a second of all the truthful things you could say about the Irish or the Central Americans or the blacks or the Africans or the Belgians, which truths would case a brawl.  His point is that THESE SAME people dancing around Earl's loaded comments (true or not) would be out protesting if the shoe were on the other foot.

• Like 1

Earl had an opinion.  He expressed it.  It angered some people, made some uncomfortable - many of whom probably have uttered the same thing in the confines of their living room.  But at the end of the day it is his opinion and does not reflect on you or me.  And it is not worth getting everyone’s panties in a knot over.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Earl had an opinion.  He expressed it.  It angered some people, made some uncomfortable - many of whom probably have uttered the same thing in the confines of their living room.  But at the end of the day it is his opinion and does not reflect on you or me.  And it is not worth getting everyone’s panties in a knot over.  

I wear boxer briefs now, and before, boxers.  I learned a long time ago to never wear punk panties because you never know when you'll wind up in County., and the Bayonne guys were always outnumbered.

We all could care less what Earl said.  He's a good guy.  The thread guy was just saying there's a double standard.

Save this post, and use it when the shoe's on the other foot.  Deal?

1 minute ago, StJoesFanboy said:

I wear boxer briefs now, and before, boxers.  I learned a long time ago to never wear punk panties because you never know when you'll wind up in County., and the Bayonne guys were always outnumbered.

We all could care less what Earl said.  He's a good guy.  The thread guy was just saying there's a double standard.

Save this post, and use it when the shoe's on the other foot.  Deal?

Yes, there is a double standard.  Accept it.