1st Rd of Pick 'Em Playoff Games (Week 13 ; 11/21-11/24)

ECHS05

This is the 1st Rd of the Pick Em Playoffs. The seedings are as follows...

1 Texasball
16 Columbiafan

8 HawgGonelt
9 nptb17

4 Omaha Vol
13 CCBlackhatter

5 ECHS05
12 THS2011

3 WCACguy
14 NotBigDaddybloom

6 Cossacks
11 AztecPadre

7 World Citizen
10 prepsbill65

2 dntn31
15 Calpreps

And for anyone that doesnt know.... This is a single elimination, 16 player, playoff for the Pick Em Championship. We do still keep up with the Overall standings while this is going on... So dont quit playing if you lose!

No Georgia games again this week.... But they are going to make A LOT of appearances the following 3 weeks!

1st Round of Pick Em Playoff Games:

Salpointe Catholic AZ @ Chandler AZ (11/23) *Open Semifinals*

Hamilton AZ @ Saguaro AZ (11/23) *Open Semifinals*

Mater Dei CA @ Mission Viejo CA *SS D1 Semifinals*

St. John Bosco CA @ Corona Centennial CA *SS D1 Semifinals*

St. John's DC vs. Good Counsel MD (11/24 @ Catholic University) *WCAC Championship*

Lakeland FL @ Armwood FL *7A Quarterfinals*

Miami Northwestern FL @ American Heritage (Plantation) FL *5A Quarterfinals*

St. Louis HI vs. Mililani HI (@ Aloha Stadium) *D1-Open Semifinals*

Glenwood IL @ East St. Louis IL (11/23) *6A Semifinals*

Don Bosco Prep NJ @ St. Joseph Regional (11/23) *NGP4 Semifinals*

Mentor OH vs. St. Edward OH (@ Parma HS) *D1 Quarterfinals*

Elder OH vs. Colerain OH (@ Mason HS) *D1 Quarterfinals*

Dutch Fork SC @ Fort Dorchester SC *5A Quarterfinals*

Gaffney SC @ Byrnes SC *5A Quarterfinals*

Southlake Carroll TX vs. DeSoto TX (4:30pm @ AT&T Stadium) *6A-I 2nd Round*

Rockwall TX vs. Allen TX (@ AT&T Stadium) *6A-I 2nd Round*

Cedar Hill TX vs. Denton Guyer TX (11/23 @ AT&T Stadium) *6A-II 2nd Round*

Corner Canyon UT vs. American Fork UT (@ U. of Utah) *6A Championship*

Muskego WI vs. Bay Port WI (@ U. of Wisconsin) *D1 Championship*

3 hours ago, Texasball said:

What is the tie breaker in each round?  

Last year, if 2 people tied, the higher seed automatically advanced... That rewards the guy who was ahead in points coming into the playoffs. 

However, if yall think thats unfair, I can definitely make another GoTW... But the higher seed does deserve some sort of reward and not completely wipe away the fact he was ahead in points.

5 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Last year, if 2 people tied, the higher seed automatically advanced... That rewards the guy who was ahead in points coming into the playoffs. 

However, if yall think thats unfair, I can definitely make another GoTW... But the higher seed does deserve some sort of reward and not completely wipe away the fact he was ahead in points.

You may want to rethink the above Tie Breaker..... Simple reason is no matter what (1-16 2-15 etc)....if the lower seed enters his picks here first, all the higher seed has to do is pick the same teams the lower seed picks (and he moves on).   Just a tought.....

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

You may want to rethink the above Tie Breaker..... Simple reason is no matter what (1-16 2-15 etc)....if the lower seed enters his picks here first, all the higher seed has to do is pick the same teams the lower seed picks (and he moves on).   Just a tought.....

Another way to look at ....if the game finishes in a tie,  do they automatically give the win to the higher seed?  ....no, they have overtime.

In my opinion,  the higher seeds have already been rewarded...because they are already matched up against a lower seed.  That should be  to their advantage.....right????

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Count me on the way you did it last year lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, prepsbill65 said:

except many people do not post their picks on the thread.  Award the higher seed is the proper thing to do...Especially considering it was done that way last year.

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

This is the 1st Rd of the Pick Em Playoffs. The seedings are as follows...

1 Texasball
16 Columbiafan

8 HawgGonelt
9 nptb17

4 Omaha Vol
13 CCBlackhatter

5 ECHS05
12 THS2011

3 WCACguy
14 NotBigDaddybloom

6 Cossacks
11 AztecPadre

7 World Citizen
10 prepsbill65

2 dntn31

Calpreps

1A           LDT

17            BufordGAWolves

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

This field is weak, because I'm not in it.

BGW

Now you are 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Texasball said:

except many people do not post their picks on the thread.  Award the higher seed is the proper thing to do...Especially considering it was done that way last year.

Frankly, all picks should be on the thread.  As for the tie breaker... the head-to-head is a separate tourney.  You're not play against the field, it's one against the other.  The season long pickem's is still running as well.

Just curious...why wouldn't everyone' post their picks on the thread????  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

Why doesn't everyone?

It's not a requirement for participating.

In terms of game theory, the less information your opponents have, the more advantageous it is for you.

You already pointed out the potential issue of someone copying someone else's picks. For example, if I wanted to lock up the #1 seed for the playoffs, I could have just copied TexasBall's picks last week. However, I didn't because I don't want to play or win like that, though it's likely not everyone would share those ethics.

48 minutes ago, prepsbill65 said:

Frankly, all picks should be on the thread.  As for the tie breaker... the head-to-head is a separate tourney.  You're not play against the field, it's one against the other.  The season long pickem's is still running as well.

Just curious...why wouldn't everyone' post their picks on the thread????  

Some people think that others will quickly edit their picks going off of theirs if they post in the thread. 

Some people don't care. For the most part, I don't think anyone cares enough to steal picks like that anyway. It's not that important really.

It's basically gamesmanship. 

I used to send them in off thread, then, I started waiting last minute and dropping them, but almost got caught by getting sidetracked and missing a deadline... now I just do it sometime Thursday morning and I'm safe. 

• Like 1