GHSA Playoffs (2nd Round)

ATLien12x

Colquitt Co. just pretty much gave the left side of the bracket to Marietta.... Not as many top level teams on the left as there is the right --- the right has Grayson, Lowndes, North Gwinnett, & McEachern... Murderers Row. Although Mill Creek is playing good football, as is Parkview clearly.

GA 7A

Mill Creek 41, Roswell 17 - Final

Marietta 38, Milton 24 - Final

Next Week: Mill Creek @ Marietta

----

Archer 45, Cherokee 14 - Final

Parkview 40, Colquitt Co. 21 - 4th

Next Week: Archer @ Parkview

----

Grayson 42, East Coweta 21 - Final

Lowndes 44, Norcross 14 - 3rd

Next Week: Grayson @ Lowndes

----

North Gwinnett 60, Walton 10 - Final

McEachern 42, North Forsyth 14 - Final

Next Week: North Gwinnett @ McEachern

Dacula @ Lee Co. may be the de facto 6A State Championship next week.

6A 2nd Rd Scores & Quarterfinal Matchups

Allatoona 23, Stephenson 13 - Final

Coffee 59, Mays 36 - 4th

Next Week: Coffee @ Allatoona

--

Richmond Hill 41, Lanier 34 - Final

Valdosta 28, Johns Creek 24 - Final

Next Week: Valdosta @ Richmond Hill

--

Dacula 42, Glynn Academy 20 - Final

Lee Co. 49, Creekside 7 - Final

Next Week: Dacula @ Lee Co.

--

Harrison 51, Brunswick 19 - Final

Houston Co. 38, South Paulding 22 - Final

Next Week: Houston Co. @ Harrison

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, is Rogers given a pass for this loss since it's his first year at the helm? I can only imagine how much Rush is being brought up down in Moultrie right now...

He will not be on the hot seat because of tonight, but he needs to seriously evaluate his staff.

2020 will say a lot after he loses his QB, 4 star back, and some other talented kids.

My biggest concern is making the same mistakes over 12 games and our team rolling over and giving up 2 possessions into the 3rd quarter.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He will not be on the hot seat because of tonight, but he needs to seriously evaluate his staff.

2020 will say a lot after he loses his QB, 4 star back, and some other talented kids.

My biggest concern is making the same mistakes over 12 games and our team rolling over and giving up 2 possessions into the 3rd quarter.

He literally had to throw a staff together in a couple of weeks. 

I'll say that it never felt like we played 4 quarters all season. Idk how that gets rectified, but, it must. 

Anyway, I said that Parkview had a wrench for us. We didn't tackle well, and I still can't figure out why we switched punters in the second half. That made me sick to my stomach when that happened. I feel like it had to be outside influence. It's otherwise inexplicable.

Congrats to Parkview, they did what they needed to do. Colquitt rolled over and bit the pillow for them. I saw coaches walking the sideline shaking their heads and players with hands on hips pretty much after the second 3rd quarter possession. I knew we were probably beat right then, but, I stayed in it and yelled until my throat is sore.

Long ride home for a Packer fan. Real long. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3