GHSA Playoffs (2nd Round)

ATLien12x

Just now, AztecPadre said:

It happens brother. I watched on nfhs and listened to the good ol crew from crusin 94.

I feel the worst for the kids, but, I feel bad for the coaches too. It has been tough for them coming in behind all the drama, and, really from no fault of their own you know. 

They are a pretty good group of guys, that I've enjoyed getting to know this year. It's gonna be a tough off season for them, but, I know they're some thick skinned guys or else they wouldn't have even stepped foot down this way knowing what they were getting in to. 

We've seen flashes of brilliance from this group of kids and staff, and we've seen the down side a few times too. It might be a small miracle that we got this far really. 

I'll drink to better days once I get home. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

I mean, is Rogers given a pass for this loss since it's his first year at the helm? I can only imagine how much Rush is being brought up down in Moultrie right now...

Everybody knows that narcissistic, drug pushing,  home wrecking, tax evading prick is celebrating like he did the last two years they won state.......

oh.......wait

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I feel the worst for the kids, but, I feel bad for the coaches too. It has been tough for them coming in behind all the drama, and, really from no fault of their own you know. 

They are a pretty good group of guys, that I've enjoyed getting to know this year. It's gonna be a tough off season for them, but, I know they're some thick skinned guys or else they wouldn't have even stepped foot down this way knowing what they were getting in to. 

We've seen flashes of brilliance from this group of kids and staff, and we've seen the down side a few times too. It might be a small miracle that we got this far really. 

I'll drink to better days once I get home. 

Drive safe Brother. 

I’ll drink one for you while you drive. 

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

3A is REALLY strong this year.

3A Quarterfinal Matchups

Peach Co. @ Cedar Grove ... This is an excellent game for any class in any state.

Hart Co. @ GAC

Jefferson @ Crisp Co.

North Murray @ Jenkins

Tonight's domination of Dawson County showed me that Jenkins most definitely has the capacity to pick up where Benedictine has fell off at....  But they're not quite there... 

North Murray is gonna be tougher than Dawson. But that drive though...  Hope they're leaving the night before or early early in the morning... Otherwise that 5-6 hour drive on those yellow busses is gonna beat em before the Warriors get a chance. 

And speaking of long ass drives..  

Thomasville is @ Rabun County.... One edge of the state to another... Also a 5-6 hour drive..  

Yeah. Did not see the Colquitt game going that way. Thought this one was over at halftime. Great response by Parkview. One of the better second half turnarounds I’ve seen. I don’t believe they punted tonight. They were ready for this game. Thought the PV staff did a lot of nice stuff. Still not too sold on them talent wise across the board to win state. Not the best first year for Coach Rogers. The adjustments weren’t there tonight for his side. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah. Did not see the Colquitt game going that way. Thought was one was over at halftime. Great response by Parkview. One of the better second half turnarounds I’ve seen. I don’t believe they punted tonight. They were ready for this game. Thought the PV staff did a lot of nice stuff. Still not too sold on them talent wise across the board to win state. Not the best first year for Coach Rogers. The adjustments weren’t there tonight for his side. 

Parkview "punted" one time but snapped it to their star RB instead. That was one of the biggest plays in the game. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Parkview "punted" one time but snapped it to their star RB instead. That was one of the biggest plays in the game. 

It can't be said enough... Special teams was an achilles heel this season. 

Someone told me after the Lowndes game that our coaches were in over their head, but, I refused to see or believe that. It seemed like special teams costed us that game, not particularly coaching. 

I know things just didn't have that feel this year. I chalked it to everything just being different. 

I know this will be our first year not playing in December in quite a while. With the talent we had, that's a damned shame. 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Someone told me after the Lowndes game that our coaches were in over their head, but, I refused to see or believe that. It seemed like special teams costed us that game, not particularly coaching. 

Idk man, Rodgers didn’t even call a timeout the whole second half to stop bleeding, throw in that they ran a 45 yard Fake punt run and that the offense had 1 first the whole second half coming late in the 4th.

Pukeview DE’s were animals and thier ground and pound was top notch  .. I wouldn’t just blame special teams

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Idk man, Rodgers didn’t even call a timeout the whole second half to stop bleeding, throw in that they ran a 45 yard Fake punt run and that the offense had 1 first the whole second half coming late in the 4th.

Pukeview DE’s were animals and thier ground and pound was top notch  .. I wouldn’t just blame special teams

Not just blaming special teams. Just pointing out that was an achilles heel all year. The fake punt was par for the course on special teams coverages. Par for the course. 

It happens though. 

The offensive adjustments appeared to be nil for Colquitt. All year, we started vanilla then adjusted in the second half. Last night we gave em what we had in the first half and apparently that was it. It looked like that was all we had. 

The Colquitt defense did get gassed. There is no doubt that the offense going nowhere killed the defense. I just still can't understand giving the Parkview receivers so much. There was times when we had nobody on number 1. He could free run 10+ yards and we got no push to the qb. He had pretty much all day to find number 1, who was virtually uncovered. 

That's just my viewpoint from watching live. That was the feel I had from being there. I probably should watch the tape, but, am not sure I want to. 

As I posted last night, the body language of the coaches and team about halfway through the third quarter made me sick to my stomach. No fire. Nothing. The fans drove 4 hours and they mostly sat on their ass too. When the team needed them most, the fans just sat on their hands and some of the coaches walked around shaking their heads. That is a sound defeat. 

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know things just didn't have that feel this year. I chalked it to everything just being different. 

I know this will be our first year not playing in December in quite a while. With the talent we had, that's a damned shame. 

32 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I see what the deal is here. 

I was on about the special teams costing us the Lowndes game. Not last night. We didn't have anyone ready to return punts behind Tay Tay. That was very costly in the Lowndes game. That and we waited far too long to switch punters. I was basically on about folks saying the coaches were in over their heads, and I couldn't necessarily agree right then after the Lowndes game. 

It took seeing last night also before I could get that to click in my head that it was quite possible the coaches could be in over their head, or, that, in spite of everything being in place tool-wise, it's just not that easy to come in and grab the wheel like the BOE and some fans thought.  

People down in Moultrie had the attitude that the program was like a Corvette or a Lamborghini, and that we just handed Justin Rogers the key. They thought all he had to do was turn the key and mash the gas. 

To some extent that is true, but, there is also a lot of parts that had to be replaced. It's not as easy to do that as people thought. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

So would you say that Colquitt is a Tier 3/4 team? 

Just now, Sammyswordsman said:

So would you say that Colquitt is a Tier 3/4 team? 

Man, Idk what tier. 

If they could have ever put up 4 whole quarters, they could play with just about anyone. They just never could put 4 quarters together. The closest game to 4 quarters we played was a loss to Valdosta where we took the first 5 minutes or so off then had a monumental effort for 3 and a half quarters. 

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know Colquitt didnt make it to December in 2016 because they ran into a machine called Grayson. 

But before that... I believe Colquitts been into December every year since 2008.

• Thanks 1

Just now, ECHS05 said:

I know Colquitt didnt make it to December in 2016 because they ran into a machine called Grayson. 

But before that... I believe Colquitts been into December every year since 2008.

It's the first 2nd rd loss in a while. I think we played on Thanksgiving week every year since 08. 

Saying December was a miss. I totally pushed 2016 out of my memory banks. The calendar looks like 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020 right now. xD

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's the first 2nd rd loss in a while. I think we played on Thanksgiving week every year since 08. 

Saying December was a miss. I totally pushed 2016 out of my memory banks. The calendar looks like 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020 right now. xD

Amigo...we didn't make the playoff is 2008.

The last time we lost in the 2nd round (while making the playoffs) was 2005.

We didn't make the playoffs in 2006, 2007 or 2008.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1