#563 Monterey Trail 35 - Folsom 23 (F)

dntn31

On 11/29/2019 at 10:16 AM, Bestcoast said:

My guess is they stop scheduling DLS

Despite that they haven’t beaten DLS, they are still the only program up North that can even put up a fight against them.  They should continue to schedule DLS, but I would try and put them at week 3 or 4 and make sure that in week 1 or 2, they schedule someone at or above the same level.  Ideally if they play a good opponent 2 weeks prior to DLS, they can identify their biggest weaknesses and use the next game to work on adjustments.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Despite that they haven’t beaten DLS, they are still the only program up North that can even put up a fight against them.  They should continue to schedule DLS, but I would try and put them at week 3 or 4 and make sure that in week 1 or 2, they schedule someone at or above the same level.  Ideally if they play a good opponent 2 weeks prior to DLS, they can identify their biggest weaknesses and use the next game to work on adjustments.  

Not only is this not true, it's not even remotely true.  San Mateo Serra has played multiple games closer to DLS than Folsom has in any of their attempts at unseating the Spartans.  Serra has led DLS twice in the 4th quarter.

This actually would have been a great year for the Padres to have played the Spartans.

• Like 1

Give me a break.  “Not even remotely true” and you pick out one team, Serra San Mateo.  How many times going back to 2014 would Serra San Mateo even have beaten Folsom??  

Sure, this would have been a good year for them to play DLS, but I doubt they would even show as well as did Folsom.  

On 12/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, On2whls said:

Give me a break.  “Not even remotely true” and you pick out one team, Serra San Mateo.  How many times going back to 2014 would Serra San Mateo even have beaten Folsom??  

Sure, this would have been a good year for them to play DLS, but I doubt they would even show as well as did Folsom.  

Cal 14 tries really hard though. He’s has some good takes every now and then.

On 12/1/2019 at 4:41 PM, On2whls said:

@Cal 14 is right about Serra Being the Team in Nor Cal that cold beat DLS this year.... They Came close in the past and this years team is Very Physical and very good defensively.... I would Take DLS by 7 in a game against Serra with their #1 QB of course.... Right now they are on QB #3...

You are correct that Besides Serra I don’t see any other team in Nor Cal that could beat DLS This year.... I Saw PITT against DLS last week and I was impressed with PITT... They have Huge Lines and are Very Physical, I think they would do well against Folsom this year.... They have Fast receivers and their QB can throw and make plays.... 3 Bad Turnovers ruined  that game for PITT, one was When PITT was about to score early in the game...

I really like DLS’s team this year they are so tough and fast but it’s hard for me to see them being able to beat SJB.... PITT was able to move the ball at Will in the air over the Middle between the 20’s but they didn’t have a running back who could punch it in when they got inside the 20 like SJB does....

I see DLS playing really well but there is just no way they will stop DJ and that passing game... STA had no Real passing game which is what kept that game close plus DLS’s QB Struggled bad and missed at lest 4 big plays in that game because of the STA size on the D Line.... 

My sense from the DLS fans I know and talk to is they wish there was a couple more big games scheduled to test the team this year and we all wish we could have swapped out St Francis for Serra Early on.... 

I don’t think anyone will beat DLS next year in Nor Cal Either, Next years Schedule will be much better as all their dates are open except their league games....

I know you didn’t ask for all that but I felt I would say it anyway....🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2