#563 Monterey Trail 35 - Folsom 23 (F)

dntn31

Here’s what everyone is missing.  MT scored 35 points but had the ball for 40 minutes, amassing a measly 0.875pt/min scoring rate.  Folsom on the other hand scored 23 points over 8 minutes possession for an average of 2.875pts/min.  Folsom actually outplayed MT by a 3X factor.  Only the #1 public school in CA could do that, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

9 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Here’s what everyone is missing.  MT scored 35 points but had the ball for 40 minutes, amassing a measly 0.875pt/min scoring rate.  Folsom on the other hand scored 23 points over 8 minutes possession for an average of 2.875pts/min.  Folsom actually outplayed MT by a 3X factor.  Only the #1 public school in CA could do that, right?

HA!!!... OR... The #1 Public School would have found a way to get the ball back and not be held to 23 points while the "Not #1" Public HS was scoring 35....

I guess it just depends how you look at it... :) :) :) 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Please, no. Don't give him any ideas.

2 hours ago, On2whls said:

If Folsom has factored in the curvature if the Earth MT wouldn’t have run downhill on there ass all night. 

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

That’s what I felt would be the case, but thought we might not see the full effect til next season when Folsom loses their 2 other offensive superstars. The new coach Doherty inherited a lot of talent.

Gotta also say that my wife and I were laughing several times during the game because it seemed like the announcing crew called out about a half dozen transfers on Folsom’s all- star roster (which is always a hot topic on the NorCal website).

One play it was “the former player from Cosumnes Oaks” then the next play it was “the former player from Oak Ridge who moved down the hill” then it was “the former player from Del Oro”. And that’s not counting the players they already had from Sheldon, Nevada, and Washington!

I was there, and must have missed that (fake news), but I must say, the Bulldogs stunk it up.  MT couldn't run between the tackles in the 1st half because Folsom loaded the box, but they did have success around the edges. Folsom's defensive backfield was asleep, and allowed some powderpuff rainbows be caught by MT.  in the 2nd half, Folsom unloaded the box and MT started grinding out 4 down football and holding onto the ball.  No adjustments, and you have to look at the coaches on that one.

I had been thinking that Ngata has been playing hurt, and that was the reason for this year's lack of production. On his last run, an almost 90 yard kickoff return, he showed that he wasn't hurt, dazzling the crowd with his speed and moves. Again I wonder, where has he been in the offensive scheme.

Monterey Trail wouldn't have won 6 games in the Sierra Foothill League, and if anything should move up to #562.  Bullsogs, based on last night's non-performance, might be in the top 750.

And I've been a diehard fan for 25 yeras...

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, DogPile said:

I was there, and must have missed that (fake news), but I must say, the Bulldogs stunk it up.  MT couldn't run between the tackles in the 1st half because Folsom loaded the box, but they did have success around the edges. Folsom's defensive backfield was asleep, and allowed some powderpuff rainbows be caught by MT.  in the 2nd half, Folsom unloaded the box and MT started grinding out 4 down football and holding onto the ball.  No adjustments, and you have to look at the coaches on that one.

I had been thinking that Ngata has been playing hurt, and that was the reason for this year's lack of production. On his last run, an almost 90 yard kickoff return, he showed that he wasn't hurt, dazzling the crowd with his speed and moves. Again I wonder, where has he been in the offensive scheme.

Monterey Trail wouldn't have won 6 games in the Sierra Foothill League, and if anything should move up to #562.  Bullsogs, based on last night's non-performance, might be in the top 750.

And I've been a diehard fan for 25 yeras...

Interesting post.....

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

This is waaaay to early to call. Folsom’s freshmen and JV teams were both loaded winning their league titles. Their JV team handled DLS with ease... I realize DLS JV teams lose from time to time but it wasn’t even close. Folsom’s lines this year were mostly juniors and the JV lines were huge so I know for a fact Folsom’s weak point (lines) are going to be considerably better next year. If you don’t think Folsom is going to continue to get transfers and kids that want to play then that’s pretty short sighted. There is no other school in the area that comes close to what they’ve accomplished ever since Grant fizzled out and had the program gutted. Case in point, Folsom has a star WR on their freshmen team - Onterrio Smith Jr. , who’s dad is a Grant legend, and NFL product.  The kids want to play for Folsom because they know it’s their best shot at getting noticed for the next level and I don’t see that changing any time soon. The coaching doesn’t look to be as good I agree with but if anything the transfers might pick up since there’s some key openings now in that offense. I have no doubt they’ll probably get more transfers next season then they had this one. Let’s just hope their schedule is better. 

The DLS vs Folsom JV game had 8 of DLS’ best players already called up to varsity which was/is a huge impact. 

37 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I’m going to give dogpile a pass and assume he was drunk. MT coaching staff called a masterful game and kept Folsom offense off the field. Mix in the turnovers and ball game. 

OR... We can simply conclude that @DogPile is just another one of @frankyjames screen names like @DLS_Spartan... Just look at the post:

1. Call out something Critical of Folsom as “Fake News”....

2. Disparage the other teams Play “Rainbow Powderpuff Passes”...

3. Disparage the other team as a whole “MT wouldn’t win 6 games in the SFL and should move up to #562”- Whatever that means....

The only thing missing is correcting spelling and grammar....🤣

Either that or just maybe losing to a team that runs the Veer makes all Folsom Fans lose their minds and go off the rails...🤣

@DogPile has claimed to be part of the JR. Bulldogs program and know the coaches of Folsom so it doesn’t make sense he would be so disparaging to an opponent that was so clearly deserving of a win.... That’s not something you see from football coaches....

Something certainly Smells Like a @DogPile of something here....🤣🤣

Also, @DogPile , it is spelled “25 Years” not “25 Yeras”... 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

OR... We can simply conclude that @DogPile is just another one of @frankyjames screen names like @DLS_Spartan... Just look at the post:

1. Call out something Critical of Folsom as “Fake News”....

2. Disparage the other teams Play “Rainbow Powderpuff Passes”...

3. Disparage the other team as a whole “MT wouldn’t win 6 games in the SFL and should move up to #562”- Whatever that means....

The only thing missing is correcting spelling and grammar....🤣

Either that or just maybe losing to a team that runs the Veer makes all Folsom Fans lose their minds and go off the rails...🤣

@DogPile has claimed to be part of the JR. Bulldogs program and know the coaches of Folsom so it doesn’t make sense he would be so disparaging to an opponent that was so clearly deserving of a win.... That’s not something you see from football coaches....

Something certainly Smells Like a @DogPile of something here....🤣🤣

Also, @DogPile , it is spelled “25 Years” not “25 Yeras”... 🤣🤣🤣

He’s not block. Just a bad post. 

2 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

I’m not

block I swear

Liar!  Tell us your connection to De La Salle. Did you attend school there? Did you play for them?  You pop up only recently on this forum when the other DLS posters have been here for years, and you pick the most generic DLS moniker. LOL. You never post one single fact or knowledgeable opinion about DLS. You even “”predicted” DLS would lose to Folsom. What other DLS fan has ever thought they would lose to Folsom?  You are a troll. Go away Block. Your season is over! 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4