#563 Monterey Trail 35 - Folsom 23 (F)

dntn31

6 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

I’ve tried to pick up the torch for dogpile since he doesn’t post much any more but it’s an exhausting task when you have a vile troll like block. Any good will or efforts get shattered in just a few posts from that idiot. 

Can we now accept that Servite is better than Folsom. 

• Like 2

I will say this... I was happy to see Monterey Trail get this win for a couple of reasons.

1.  So we can finally be rid of the dufus for a while.

2.  It confirmed my comments to the guys running both the NorCal and Cal-Hi sites that the Mustangs were underrated.

As far back as at least a month, I had put MT in my NorCal top 10 when they weren't even being listed among those sites' top 20.  I get why people are laughing at this loss, but the Mustangs are a pretty good team.

This really will make the NorCal D-IAA decision tough now.  No one undefeated from the CCS or SJS to oppose Fresno Central.  San Mateo Serra clobbered St. Mary's early in the year, whereas MT only beat the Rams by 7.  However, the Padres no longer have their starting QB.  Oak Ridge is playing well and there's still Valley Christian with their only loss to Serra.  

Whoever gets stuck playing the odd man out in the NorCal D-IA regional will have their hands full.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Uh ok.  Servite only gives MV and SJB trouble but not Folsom.  Got it.

Didn't say they wouldn't give them fits.  I said that the Servite game isn't the general type that bothers Folsom.  MT's style of play alone compensates for the fact that their talent level is lower.  Servite would have to beat them with their talent, but their style of play wouldn't be able to do it alone.

Plus, you keep harping on the SJB game as if it means something.  It doesn't.  You acknowledge that it was an outlier for the Braves, but not the Friars?  Sorry, but that's BS.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Mix in a completely new coaching staff and this is the results you get.

This is what is not being discussed enough and is the Real Reason why Monterrey Trail just ended "The Folsom Era" in the SJS....

Folsom caught lightening in a Bottle with the Combo of Troy Taylor and Richardson... Taylor's NFL Pedigree made playing for Folsom attractive, and when him and Richardson had success there they became a Top 5 team in Nor Cal attracting Top Transfers and creating a pipeline of Northern Nevada's best Players...

Even when Taylor Left they still had Richardson and the staff they built and Richardson had everyone's respect because of his Section Titles and Lower Level State Titles...

Now There is nothing "Special" about playing for Folsom and their new coach, and no reason for kids to leave other teams or gather their talented friends from another state to go to Folsom and Play Football...

He doesn't have the connections, Resume, or the coaching abilities that Taylor and Richardson had, and even with supposedly "The Most Talented Team In Nor Cal" he couldn't even coach them back to the SBG....

Coaching not only Matters but it is the Most important thing in HSFB and the downfall of most programs happens when they lose their Greatest Coaches.... This was Folsom's "Cycle" and now it is over...

The "Folsom Era" in the SJS will go down as a Great one with 7 Section Titles and 1 D2 SBG win and 3 D1-AA SBG wins...

But It will also be remembered for 3 noncompetitive losses to DLS , 1 Shut out loss to DLS and 0 games against So Cal's Best, MD, SJB, Cen10 and MV when other Nor Cal Teams with far less success traveled to and played those teams voluntarily... All the while Folsom' recruited up, transferred up teams of D1 Players were running up the score and setting meaningless records against over-matched local competition....

So a "Bitter Sweet" run to say the least.... A run that has Ironically came to an end at the hands of an SJS team that plays just like DLS... :) :) :) 

Hopefully those Great Kids from MT can follow up this historic accomplishment and take it all the way to a SBG for the New #1 Team in the SJS!!!!... GO Mustangs!!!

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

This is what is not being discussed enough and is the Real Reason why Monterrey Trail just ended "The Folsom Era" in the SJS....

Folsom caught lightening in a Bottle with the Combo of Troy Taylor and Richardson... Taylor's NFL Pedigree made playing for Folsom attractive, and when him and Richardson had success there they became a Top 5 team in Nor Cal attracting Top Transfers and creating a pipeline of Northern Nevada's best Players...

Even when Taylor Left they still had Richardson and the staff they built and Richardson had everyone's respect because of his Section Titles and Lower Level State Titles...

Now There is nothing "Special" about playing for Folsom and their new coach, and no reason for kids to leave other teams or gather their talented friends from another state to go to Folsom and Play Football...

He doesn't have the connections, Resume, or the coaching abilities that Taylor and Richardson had, and even with supposedly "The Most Talented Team In Nor Cal" he couldn't even coach them back to the SBG....

Coaching not only Matters but it is the Most important thing in HSFB and the downfall of most programs happens when they lose their Greatest Coaches.... This was Folsom's "Cycle" and now it is over...

The "Folsom Era" in the SJS will go down as a Great one with 7 Section Titles and 1 D2 SBG win and 3 D1-AA SBG wins...

But It will also be remembered for 3 noncompetitive losses to DLS , 1 Shut out loss to DLS and 0 games against So Cal's Best, MD, SJB, Cen10 and MV when other Nor Cal Teams with far less success traveled to and played those teams voluntarily... All the while Folsom' recruited up, transferred up teams of D1 Players were running up the score and setting meaningless records against over-matched local competition....

So a "Bitter Sweet" run to say the least.... A run that has Ironically came to an end at the hands of an SJS team that plays just like DLS... :) :) :) 

Hopefully those Great Kids from MT can follow up this historic accomplishment and take it all the way to a SBG for the New #1 Team in the SJS!!!!... GO Mustangs!!!

giphy.gif

BGW

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

This is waaaay to early to call. Folsom’s freshmen and JV teams were both loaded winning their league titles. Their JV team handled DLS with ease... I realize DLS JV teams lose from time to time but it wasn’t even close. Folsom’s lines this year were mostly juniors and the JV lines were huge so I know for a fact Folsom’s weak point (lines) are going to be considerably better next year. If you don’t think Folsom is going to continue to get transfers and kids that want to play then that’s pretty short sighted. There is no other school in the area that comes close to what they’ve accomplished ever since Grant fizzled out and had the program gutted. Case in point, Folsom has a star WR on their freshmen team - Onterrio Smith Jr. , who’s dad is a Grant legend, and NFL product.  The kids want to play for Folsom because they know it’s their best shot at getting noticed for the next level and I don’t see that changing any time soon. The coaching doesn’t look to be as good I agree with but if anything the transfers might pick up since there’s some key openings now in that offense. I have no doubt they’ll probably get more transfers next season then they had this one. Let’s just hope their schedule is better. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

This is waaaay to early to call. Folsom’s freshmen and JV teams were both loaded winning their league titles. Their JV team handled DLS with ease... I realize DLS JV teams lose from time to time but it wasn’t even close. Folsom’s lines this year were mostly juniors and the JV lines were huge so I know for a fact Folsom’s weak point (lines) are going to be considerably better next year. If you don’t think Folsom is going to continue to get transfers and kids that want to play then that’s pretty short sighted. There is no other school in the area that comes close to what they’ve accomplished ever since Grant fizzled out and had the program gutted. Case in point, Folsom has a star WR on their freshmen team - Onterrio Smith Jr. , who’s dad is a Grant legend, and NFL product.  The kids want to play for Folsom because they know it’s their best shot at getting noticed for the next level and I don’t see that changing any time soon. The coaching doesn’t look to be as good I agree with but if anything the transfers might pick up since there’s some key openings now in that offense. I have no doubt they’ll probably get more transfers next season then they had this one. Let’s just hope their schedule is better. 

How does "The New Folsom" get these kids noticed? By Playing 1 Noncompetitive game a year against DLS?...

If They are not winning any Section or State Titles or playing in Big Time Games against Big Time Competition what would make Folsom such a 'Destination" like it was with Taylor and Richardson who were winning Section Titles and Lower Level SBG's?... SJS D1 Semifinal losses by double digits?.... I just don't see it....

Folsom may lose more talented kids next year then they get, who knows?... It's nice their Freshman and JV Teams are good so they will be competitive in their league but the SFL is not such a great league... Folsom Faced much better competition and was 1-2 and should have been 0-3 against the best teams they played outside of their league in the most important games...

No one is Afraid of Folsom in their Section and it Showed this year... This will make kids think twice before coming to Folsom.... I don't care what the JV Score was but if they play DLS next year DLS will put a Running Clock on Folsom...

You said it yourself this year referencing the Sloppy and undisciplined play by Folsom, that is a Direct product of coaching... Your New Coach couldn't Coach Nor Cal's "Most Talented Team" back to the SBG or even a section title game and really should have lost in the quarterfinals... Not sure what will change this for next year...

I do agree though, lets hope they do schedule better... Based on this years schedule though with the same Coach, we wont be holding our breath... :)