#563 Monterey Trail 35 - Folsom 23 (F)

dntn31

4 hours ago, DLS_Spartan said:

Yeah baby!!! Where’s Blockhead?!!!

He's probably too emotionally distraught and crying in his bed right now. Probably won't hear from him anytime soon as it will take him time to think of how he can twist this situation into a positive for Folsom, like he always does after a Folsom loss lol

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Foslom does not seem to match up well with very good physical run heavy teams that punch you in the mouth. No matter the skill positions, line play wins and loses games and it’s always been lacking in their big matchups.

Yep. Which is why I've argued that the NorCal Regional shouldn't have gone bye bye just because Folsom lost BIG to DLS twice. It's just a bad match up for them most years. There are other NorCal programs that, when they have a top notch team in a given season, would pose a much better match up stylistically. Let them have a crack at it!

I damn well know that Palo Alto 2010, Grant Union (many years), Elk Grove (1997/98) and several WCAL teams over the past 20 years that wouldn't have been over-matched physically. Folsom actually held their own in 2018 and would have done so in 2014 and 2015 too. But in every other year they just weren't a good match up.

Imagine some of the games we'd have seen had the Regional existed from the 90's til now?! DLS probably would have won 90% of them. But they wouldn't have won them all. Just like the State Bowl games that never took place until 2006. Imagine if they weren't playing that game now (like the Regional). We'd be arguing, guessing, wondering over MD, SJB, CC and DLS hypothetical end of season match ups.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, ThunderRam said:

Yep. Which is why I've argued that the NorCal Regional shouldn't have gone bye bye just because Folsom lost BIG to DLS twice. It's just a bad match up for them most years. There are other NorCal programs that, when they have a top notch team in a given season, would pose a much better match up stylistically. Let them have a crack at it!

I damn well know that Palo Alto 2010, Grant Union (many years), Elk Grove (1997/98) and several WCAL teams over the past 20 years that wouldn't have been over-matched physically. Folsom actually held their own in 2018 and would have done so in 2014 and 2015 too. But in every other year they just weren't a good match up.

Imagine some of the games we'd have seen had the Regional existed from the 90's til now?! DLS probably would have won 90% of them. But they wouldn't have won them all. Just like the State Bowl games that never took place until 2006. Imagine if they weren't playing that game now (like the Regional). We'd be arguing, guessing, wondering over MD, SJB, CC and DLS hypothetical end of season match ups.

Totally agree TR. We’ve been jipped, as far as these games go. We definitely would have seen some quality match ups. But hey we now have the best results/arguments in these games which never took place on the field 😂

• Like 1

Better question does this mean we'll see less of Blocked Cheese's Folsom none sense? 

Don't get me wrong I don't have a bone to pick with Folsom but Block is a pain... 

I wish Dogpile was more active he's a better rep of the the Folsom fan base than Frank/Block whichever one he wants to be called... 

If the dude wasn't so busy trying to Troll he might contribute something useful. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Congratulations to MT and their coaching staff for the well played game last night.
I’ve expressed my concerns all season about this Folsom team and my fears came true. Tons of talent on the offense and skill positions but turnovers and sloppiness would be their downfall. Multiple turnovers again last night that led to great field position and easy points for MT. Not sure they had a single game this season where they didn’t have at least 1 turnover. In addition, their defense is way down this season compared to the past few. Last season‘s defense doesn’t get talked about but was extremely underrated. Ask De La Salle and Cathedral. They graduated 95% of their starting defense and boy did it show. Mix in a completely new coaching staff and this is the results you get. It’s evident how great of coaching Richardson and crew were when you see what they’ve done with Sac State already. I’m going to give this new staff a chance but the discipline and turnovers were glaring all season long. Here’s to hoping Coach Doherty ramps up the schedule going forward. He’s already reached out to DLS for next season which is promising but let’s get a solid SoCal team on there as well.  

My only solace right now is that Block should be dormant until at least next season and depending on how good Folsom is it could be longer. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Congratulations to MT and their coaching staff for the well played game last night.
I’ve expressed my concerns all season about this Folsom team and my fears came true. Tons of talent on the offense and skill positions but turnovers and sloppiness would be their downfall. Multiple turnovers again last night that led to great field position and easy points for MT. Not sure they had a single game this season where they didn’t have at least 1 turnover. In addition, their defense is way down this season compared to the past few. Last season‘s defense doesn’t get talked about but was extremely underrated. Ask De La Salle and Cathedral. They graduated 95% of their starting defense and boy did it show. Mix in a completely new coaching staff and this is the results you get. It’s evident how great of coaching Richardson and crew were when you see what they’ve done with Sac State already. I’m going to give this new staff a chance but the discipline and turnovers were glaring all season long. Here’s to hoping Coach Doherty ramps up the schedule going forward. He’s already reached out to DLS for next season which is promising but let’s get a solid SoCal team on there as well.  

My only solace right now is that Block should be dormant until at least next season and depending on how good Folsom is it could be longer. 

Good post, better poster.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Better question does this mean we'll see less of Blocked Cheese's Folsom none sense? 

Don't get me wrong I don't have a bone to pick with Folsom but Block is a pain... 

I wish Dogpile was more active he's a better rep of the the Folsom fan base than Frank/Block whichever one he wants to be called... 

If the dude wasn't so busy trying to Troll he might contribute something useful. 

I’ve tried to pick up the torch for dogpile since he doesn’t post much any more but it’s an exhausting task when you have a vile troll like block. Any good will or efforts get shattered in just a few posts from that idiot. 

• Like 3