CIF State matchups

Cal 14

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

LMAO...  I'm planning on Mater Dei and SJB to announce their new Transfer QB's before New Years Day 2020.

You can bet both of them will have plenty of "recruiting stars" next to their names.

Like all good programs, their “sub varsity” as you guys call them, are substantial.  They don’t need to recruit to beat everyone else, just each other.  Sure, there’s likely to be a few big name transfers but the momentum of the programs is self sustaining.  There’s a reason the big Texas programs don’t fall off a cliff from year to year, same sort of thing here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Private>Public. Especially in California. 

That’s largely true in LA and Bay Area. But publics represent better in many other parts of the state. And even in LA, a public was the top program for many years until the Trinity league decided to start injecting heavy PED’s into their programs the past 3-4 years (crazy transfers).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, On2whls said:

I have not seen next years schedule for either team.  Make no mistake though, both teams will still be loaded.  They just need average to above average QB’s to maintain their separation from all the local competition and be competitive with some national teams.

Both programs appear to be “all in” on being MNC candidates so expect more of the “bring it on” approach.  

I hope they don’t schedule SFA, that’s one team that’ll be hard to beat 2 in a row

8 minutes ago, Kalven said:

I hope they don’t schedule SFA, that’s one team that’ll be hard to beat 2 in a row

It will be interesting to see who SFA has on their schedule next year that stands a chance at beating them.  If they offer a rematch though, I would think MD would agree.  Shit, BP would probably float the travel cost.

24 minutes ago, On2whls said:

It will be interesting to see who SFA has on their schedule next year that stands a chance at beating them.  If they offer a rematch though, I would think MD would agree.  Shit, BP would probably float the travel cost.

Is SFA banned from Tx? I think they would do a 2 games there if given the chance. They should holler at Allen and DV. 

• Like 2

Gotta hand it to Rob Frirth, the HC at San Juan Hills. In only his 2nd season as head coach, he led them to their first CIF title. Yeah, it's D4. But, they are a rising OC public school. This dude is a helluva head coach who also took El Toro to a lower division CIF final and got them into the Pac-5 before the ET admin decided not to support football. A huge mistake. 

I'd say he is the best young HC in So Cal.

He's made two non-transfer public schools winners with neighborhood kids. 

And he has his former OC record setting QB (JT Daniels beat his records) from El Toro as his QB coach in Conner Manning.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, bigrobstercraws said:

Gotta hand it to Rob Frirth, the HC at San Juan Hills. In only his 2nd season as head coach, he led them to their first CIF title. Yeah, it's D4. But, they are a rising OC public school. This dude is a helluva head coach who also took El Toro to a lower division CIF final and got them into the Pac-5 before the ET admin decided not to support football. A huge mistake. 

I'd say he is the best young HC in So Cal.

He's made two non-transfer public schools winners with neighborhood kids. 

SJH 

SJH.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

SJH 

SJH.jpg

I'm pals with some of the San Clam dudes from the early-to-mid 90s. All of them were at the game cheering their old teammate on. I wish I could go, but I saw some of their feeds on FB. That is a pretty cool bond they all have. 

FYI, I was part of a group of old El Toro guys at a recent D1 playoff game rooting for St Mission Viejo vs the University of Mater Dei  *pukes* due to our old teammate in CJ. lol

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, dntn31 said:

NorCal football and decades-long domination. I'm having trouble putting my finger on which school best exemplifies those characteristics and whether or not they are private...

Apparently, you failed to read the words "biggest section." (SJS)

If you knew about the history of the SJS, it is really the only large section in CA, completely dominated by public's. 

1 minute ago, frankyjames said:

Apparently, you failed to read the words "biggest section." (SJS)

If you knew about the history of the SJS, it is really the only large section in CA, completely dominated by public's. 

I didn't fail to read it. Like everyone else outside of NorCal, I simply don't care about it. NorCal has one relevant team.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, dntn31 said:

I simply don't care about it.

If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond. You care :) You guys were tired of getting stomped by DLS and other NorCal schools, so you went to an extreme level just to try and compete. It's sad. 

I am not sure about 1 relevant team. There seems to be a little old pubic up north that has caused quite the stir down south. The Orange County forums reflect so as well. :) 

• Haha 1

Just now, frankyjames said:

If you didn't care, you wouldn't respond. You care :) You guys were tired of getting stomped by DLS and other NorCal schools, so you went to an extreme level just to try and compete. It's sad. 

I am not sure about 1 relevant team. There seems to be a little old pubic up north that has caused quite the stir down south. The Orange County forums reflect so as well. :) 

Beat DLS and then somebody might actually hear you outside of your echo chamber.

• Haha 2