URBAN Meyer giving a shoutout to the Bergen County Mafia

imaGoodBoyNow

Urban said For Schiano to succeed at Rutgers, He needs to go to Bergen County and recruit from The Bergen Catholics and the St joes up there 

urban is one smart dude.

no that doesn’t mean have Rutgers stock the team with NJ kids , but if Rutgers can get the 4 stars and 5 stars to actually commit, then Rutgers is in business  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Vince Lombardi wouldn’t be able to get the 4-5* ballers to stay home. I’m enjoying the hype. But that’s all it is. 

Schiano has already done it at Rutgers in respects to getting 4,5* kids to stay home. Can he do it again is the question. 

• Like 1

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/rutgers/2006.html#site_menu_link

Had a nice run in 2006... didn't hurt having Ray Rice

He can probably gain points vs recruits looking at Pitt and BC for example...  just moving from lower tier 3 star to middle 3 star sprinkled in with some local  4* blue chips would be a nice improvement.    Hopefully he can attract some junior college standouts in the recruiting class and find some diamonds in the rough type kids that route and/or via the undecided kids with better offers, but a chance to start immediately and have an integral role has to be a positive.  

Schiano's first go around was much better for him in the sense that he was in the old Big East and had an actual shot to actually win the conference.

As Meyer said, there's no way in hell they'll ever win the B10 East nor should they. The Big 3 in the B10 East are 3 of college football's most storied and best programs. 

I still think Rutgers will be very happy if Schiano has them at 7-5 most years with bowl berths. That's solid footing for their program.

8 minutes ago, legendsofthefall said:

Schiano's first go around was much better for him in the sense that he was in the old Big East and had an actual shot to actually win the conference.

As Meyer said, there's no way in hell they'll ever win the B10 East nor should they. The Big 3 in the B10 East are 3 of college football's most storied and best programs. 

I still think Rutgers will be very happy if Schiano has them at 7-5 most years with bowl berths. That's solid footing for their program.

Even tho he did not do good as a nfl coach I feel like 4 star players from Texas and Florida and cali are gonna wanna play for a Ex Head NFL coach and Urban Meyer assistant , I don’t think Schiano was a country known coach his first time around

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Even tho he did not do good as a nfl coach I feel like 4 star players from Texas and Florida and cali are gonna wanna play for a Ex Head NFL coach and Urban Meyer assistant , I don’t think Schiano was a country known coach his first time around

He will definitely have a shot at some of those 4 stars if he starts improving things here, no doubt. Especially in Florida where he spent a ton of time. I agree that he's more of a household name now than he was then which should help somewhat although he was becoming pretty well known nationally  by the time he turned RU around the first time. He was in on some good recruiting battles for a few 4 and 5 stars back then I remember in NJ, PA, FL, etc. 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Can Shiano get Jalen Berger, Kyle monogai or Estime to commit is the million dollar question 

10 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

No way, JB. Maybe Kyle since his only other P5 offer is Cal. 

In addition to RU, AEs offers are as follows: BC, Duke, Iowa St, Lville, Terps, Minnesota, Nebraska, Pitt, Temple, UVA, Va Tech and WVU. No real elite teams. RU can successfully recruit against any of them now w GS.  

Looks like Greg took my advice. First athlete he visits as Head coach is.... 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m sorry, but that was HORRIFIC coaching by MHS. 

horrible coaching and one of the most over rated programs....in 1988....we  played montclair midway through the season...we were both undefeated....at 6-0.....montclair was ranked higher...i think #4 and we were # 8....joke in itself at this point.....we won the game 27-6...was never close....we physically ran over them...and they were completely out coached....so this 90' game is hysterical.   

how about getting a first down....idiotic 

• Like 1