OSU#2

Bormio

2 hours ago, concha said:

Ohio State's competition was light years beyond Clemson's. Clemson faced a #24 Virginia who lost to Miami and Louisville and who had no wins at all to talk about.

The Buckeyes had five games against Top 25s (3 of which were against top 10s). All were higher ranked than Virginia. FYI, Wisco has passed for over 2,600 yards this year and has one of the top-ranked offenses and defenses in the country.

LSU faced Bama with a hobbled Tua and a Georgia team with an offense that was mediocre before Swift and Cager's injuries and losing Pickens for the first half.

There competition is super inflated though.   I agree  with you comparing to Clemson, but how do you say Wisconsin is ranked ahead of Auburn, FL, or even Penn St.     Committee was on Wisconsin's nuts.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Tua is hardly Bama. Bama would be the best team on either teams schedule with or without Tua.

That game was also at Tuscaloosa.  No win on OSU's schedule comes close. 

Voice of damn reason man.   Bama had a damn 31 game home winning streak.   But but but team A B and C are ranked the same....Cmon man.  

32 minutes ago, 954gator said:

There competition is super inflated though.   I agree  with you comparing to Clemson, but how do you say Wisconsin is ranked ahead of Auburn, FL, or even Penn St.     Committee was on Wisconsin's nuts.   

"Super inflated".

Let me guess.  That's by the super scientific rating system located in your tuchus.

PSU and Wisco are actually both solidly in the top ten based on average rankings of all the polls and algorithms out there (including the likes of Sagarin and Massey etc). Sagarin and Massey have Wisco and PSU between 7 and 12.  The Committee has them at 8 and 10. Super-effin'-inflated.

1 hour ago, concha said:

"Super inflated".

Let me guess.  That's by the super scientific rating system located in your tuchus.

PSU and Wisco are actually both solidly in the top ten based on average rankings of all the polls and algorithms out there (including the likes of Sagarin and Massey etc). Sagarin and Massey have Wisco and PSU between 7 and 12.  The Committee has them at 8 and 10. Super-effin'-inflated.

Haha dude you get so mad I only said that to get your attention.    Don't Sagarin and Massey use history in their formulas?   

Auburn best wins 

"#6" Oregon

#12 Alabama

Loses to 

#1 LSU (by 3)

"#5" UGA (by 7)

#9 Fl (by 11) 

Wisconsin  best wins

#14 Michigan  by 21(solid)

#15 Iowa  by  2

losses

Unranked Illinois (by 1) 

#2 Ohio State (by avg of 21 pts) 

Auburn has better wins and better losses.   Forget about FL who has one less loss and beat Auburn as well.   Also why would they be ranked over Penn St? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Voice of damn reason man.   Bama had a damn 31 game home winning streak.   But but but team A B and C are ranked the same....Cmon man.  

Bama had a damn 31 game home winning streak with the likes of Tua and Jalen Hurts under center.  Guys in the Heisman conversation in recent years.  And this ain't the best Bama defense in recent memory if you haven't noticed.

😂

2 hours ago, concha said:

Which would be bad news for Bama because Coan is ranked #11 in the nation in passing efficiency (a 70% passer with just 4 picks).  The Wisco offense is much more balanced than you think.

Ranked 11th when they're running the ball fine.  When they're struggling he sucks because there's no element of surprise

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 954gator said:

They might get it done who knows, but the committee rankings are off and you know it.   They adjusted shit for the bowls.  

I know it? Gee, that sounds like it's an indisputable fact. One that conveniently fits your personal view of the football world.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Ranked 11th when they're running the ball fine.  When they're struggling he sucks because there's no element of surprise

Only one team has kept him under 60% passing all year.  He averages 70%. 17 TDs with just 4 picks. 12 yards avg per completion.

He isn't Tua, or Jalen or Joe Burrow or Justin Fields, but he's better than the vast majority of QBs out there.

49 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Penn State would beat UF

Penn State got best wr in 2018 out of FL and he will be a stud over there

Hell Penn State in general has recruited FL pretty well since Franklin took over

Here you go again with Penn St.     I guess we'll never know.  I'm sure Penn St's WRs are 10x better than Fls.  

5 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Here you go again with Penn St.     I guess we'll never know.  I'm sure Penn St's WRs are 10x better than Fls.  

Hey at least I'm not like a lot of people on here who will simply bash teams

There are actually teams I'm impressed with, Penn State has focused on FL recruiting and getting biggest bang for their buck

It's a good sign to where they heading

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Hey at least I'm not like a lot of people on here who will simply bash teams

There are actually teams I'm impressed with, Penn State has focused on FL recruiting and getting biggest bang for their buck

It's a good sign to where they heading

Ahhh I see so Penn State recruited your boy so now they are the GOAT team.    Jones get any action yet? 

11 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Ahhh I see so Penn State recruited your boy so now they are the GOAT team.    Jones get any action yet? 

I didn't say that, but I can recognize when a team has a inside track of talent in the strongest state of said talent in the nation

Though UF also tried recruiting Jones, the bigger surprise was FSU ignoring him, FSU only signed one WR and I think he quit before training camp

Jones was better than the WR at Dunnellon who signed with FSU so it still boggles the mind, TJ will be successful at Penn State because he has the work ethic to keep getting better every year and is one of the most physical WR I've seen 

8 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I didn't say that, but I can recognize when a team has a inside track of talent in the strongest state of said talent in the nation

Though UF also tried recruiting Jones, the bigger surprise was FSU ignoring him, FSU only signed one WR and I think he quit before training camp

Jones was better than the WR at Dunnellon who signed with FSU so it still boggles the mind, TJ will be successful at Penn State because he has the work ethic to keep getting better every year and is one of the most physical WR I've seen 

There's great players in other states you know.    Fl's best WR is from Tennessee lol. 

11 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Clemson has been slept on,  but they're probably the most complete team still. Not to mention the experience factor

I fail to see Dabo's wisdom in crying to the media, projects weakness.

But yeah, very well could see Clemson run through it in dominate fashion.

The only pitfall is the SOS.

Really like that safety built like a linebacker with db speed.

BGW

• Like 1

9 hours ago, concha said:

Only one team has kept him under 60% passing all year.  He averages 70%. 17 TDs with just 4 picks. 12 yards avg per completion.

He isn't Tua, or Jalen or Joe Burrow or Justin Fields, but he's better than the vast majority of QBs out there.

There's only one team on their schedule that forced them to throw the ball. I wonder who

You think Bama lets Taylor and Wisconsin push them around?

11 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Maybe they would beat Utah

But that doesn't exactly justify why bama deserves a new years bowl, only that Utah doesn't deserve it (but Utah didn't get a BCS bowl so it's a mute point)

That was the argument that utah shouldnt have been there. Got beat up by USC and oregon