Poor Venue For Georgia SC Games

MTP28

Playing football on a baseball field is pretty wild anyway. 

We played a Corky Kell game there a couple of years back, and, damn it was friggen terrible hot. I felt worse for the visiting side fans. That sun was brutal on them. At least the home side had the shade of the old upper deck. 

Overall the conversion to a football field wasn't terrible, and it's a unique venue to take in a game, but, yeah, it's certainly not the Benz or the old Dome. Add in that us poor dirt farmers and woodchoppers from south Georgia have to drive close to 4 hours to play there while the competition may need 45 minutes and only then due to traffic... 

Anyway, good luck to the Vikings. Be thankful, because, it could be like 2017 where you end up with icicles on your mustache. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

What is funny most Georgia  folks like the dome better  than the Benz.

Seating arrangements were much better at the dome. The Benz was designed to give a lot of unique areas to enjoy, but, they screwed the pooch on seating and what it takes to get to your seats. The unique areas aren't available to the high school football fans anyway...

I finally figured out a half decent way to get to around the 50 yard line near field level after my third visit. xD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MTP28 said:

Good chance of rain for Friday and Saturday. Lowndes may enjoy a slight advantage with the run but short passes and slips can equal points. Too bad.

Devil's advocate:

1. Would it still be a poor venue if there wasn't any rain? 

2. It's a turf field! Shit... imagine if it was grass. The teams will be fine........at least the ones who run the ball more than they pass. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Seating arrangements were much better at the dome. The Benz was designed to give a lot of unique areas to enjoy, but, they screwed the pooch on seating and what it takes to get to your seats

100% prefer the Dome. Seating at the Benz It’s terrible. 

“Excuse me. Excuse me. Excuse me, coming through!” 

^^ the entire game. Literally always someone walking in front of you now  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Yeah GPB.org/sports online. GPB’s Facebook and twitter also go live and show the actual game broadcast. They make it pretty easy to watch these days. All 8 championships are available through GPB’s website and socials 

Looking forward to the GA championships, one of my favorites. 

• Thanks 3