Soul searching time for DLS

Sammyswordsman

49 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

If DLS were to do what SJB and MD have done the last  4-5 years and accept transfers- how often do you think they would lose?  If DLS had the some of the best players from NorCal (or the same # of 3, 4 and 5 star recruits), with their system, they would average probably 1 loss every 4-5 years in the state championships.  IMHO

That's a mighty fine opinion you have there but there's absolutely no evidence for it.

In other words, when De La Salle had the best players they came closer to losing to Mater Dei and Poly (1998, 2000 & 2001) than St. John Bosco and Mater Dei have come to losing to De La Salle since 2016.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

DLS has an inherent advantage by being able to use the last 8 weeks of the season putting in an alternate offense and keep it under wraps for the SBG.  All while the SS teams are fighting for their lives on a weekly basis.

Last 8 weeks?

Lad was quoted saying he was studying MD and SJB all year

• Like 3

1 hour ago, steeler01 said:

Confirmed

You used that same lame excuse last season when Dela played MD . What it shows is that you know nothing about Dela except for possibly an ESPN game against STA. Dela is not the team you socal people like to  think that they were in 2016 and 2017 . They are a dynamic hybrid offense with as much passing as they do running . They just never had a qb in 2016 or 2017 to start implementing the change of offense . They cut up  SJB defense  something awful, and it should have been more if they had settled down earlier in 1rst half and converted a couple of those huge opportunities that they had. Even though Dela won't join the Arms Race in getting transfers to try and equal the disparity in talent , they will beat MD or SJB in the near future .  .

• Like 2

Just now, steeler01 said:

Quote me then.  You won't be able to

I don't have time to waste digging up old threads. Lets just say I have posted during the year, saying Dela can score on anyone . It's their defense that wasn't elite, specifically their LB's . I tried to warn Sammy, the tier master, who was asleep at the wheel, who was spouting that SJB would " Crush " Dela.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

I don't have time to waste digging up old threads. Lets just say I have posted during the year, saying Dela can score on anyone . It's their defense that wasn't elite, specifically their LB's . I tried to warn Sammy, the tier master, who was asleep at the wheel, who was spouting that SJB would " Crush " Dela.

What?  Quote me.  I had DLS in Tier 2

Honest question! If, if DLS was down south and drew from the same talent pool as the Socal teams, how good would/ could they be? I’m talking everything is the same, coaching, veer, philosophy, etc.. With the influx of more talent, how good could they be? Could they compete or even beat the current SJB and MD teams?? Compete in the Trinity League on a regular basis??

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

Honest question! If, if DLS was down south and drew from the same talent pool as the Socal teams, how good would/ could they be? I’m talking everything is the same, coaching, veer, philosophy, etc.. With the influx of more talent, how good could they be? Could they compete or even beat the current SJB and MD teams?? Compete in the Trinity League on a regular basis??

Hard yes 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DLS350 said:

They can do all you theorize from Winton Avenue 

compete in the trinity league?  2/3 of that league wouldn’t have beaten them in last 30 years and the other 1/3 would be about 4-26 

• Like 1

DLS will be fine. This was just not their year. They are great at running the ball with the veer but they need to really work on their passing game. If they can be better there, then they will be much more dangerous. They also need to stop being sloppy and turning over the ball. 

They also need to work on their defense. They got absolutely shredded the last 4 years. Perhaps take a page out of the Patriots playbook and mix up the defense to confuse the offense. 

9 hours ago, Buttmunch said:

DLS will be fine. This was just not their year. They are great at running the ball with the veer but they need to really work on their passing game. If they can be better there, then they will be much more dangerous. They also need to stop being sloppy and turning over the ball. 

They also need to work on their defense. They got absolutely shredded the last 4 years. Perhaps take a page out of the Patriots playbook and mix up the defense to confuse the offense. 

Unless losing every year in the CIF is fine. DLS needs to fine loopholes and start recruiting. 

On 12/24/2019 at 8:16 PM, DLS350 said:

Honest question! If, if DLS was down south and drew from the same talent pool as the Socal teams, how good would/ could they be?

They would be pretty good but still lose to SJB a and MD regularly with the veer offense and lack of a strong passing game.  They would lose 2 or 3 games per year vs the talent in So Cal.  

18 hours ago, The Colonel said:

They would be pretty good but still lose to SJB a and MD regularly with the veer offense and lack of a strong passing game.  They would lose 2 or 3 games per year vs the talent in So Cal.  

2-3 games per year vs the Socal Talent?  They would also have that Socal Talent which was the heart of my question and I’m assuming here but they would or could have better players at almost every position. Who would they lose to when they lose 2-3 games a year?

• Like 1