Will UMiami ever return to prominence?

954gator

14 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Man they are on a downward spiral right now.   I think for them to turn it around they'd need to fire everyone from AD all the way down.    

Just looking at the players they lose from within 20 miles in insane - straight NFL roster.  They used to ger most of those guys.

Way I see it is they just have to win south FL again - they're in the best possible place you could be and have the best NFL tradition to boot so it shouldnt be a reach to turn it around.  

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

Man they are on a downward spiral right now.   I think for them to turn it around they'd need to fire everyone from AD all the way down.    

If they can ever keep their Intercity talent they can become a national champion again, problem is they can't seem to protect their local talent from "Invaders"

2 hours ago, NicholasMalibu said:

Interesting point. Is this true? They have a larger endowment than Alabama or Clemson. I’m not sure if that matters. 

The thing is I'm sure Miami probably could do that but Miami has other things to spend that money on as well... 

Scholarships,Grants,Campus expansion,ETC..  

Miami's a fine school. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Isn't it like a bit of a challenge trying to keep kids that are doing everything they can to get the hell out? 

I mean it's hard when you look at some school's crazy facilities.   This facility arms race that's taken the nation by storm has to hurt when there's no space to build etc.  

5 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Just looking at the players they lose from within 20 miles in insane - straight NFL roster.  They used to ger most of those guys.

Way I see it is they just have to win south FL again - they're in the best possible place you could be and have the best NFL tradition to boot so it shouldnt be a reach to turn it around.  

Yeah but it's a different story now with recruiting.    It's almost as if there are no secret weapons anymore.   Every kid is looked at and when other schools have more resources to recruit...It's almost as if home field advantage is going out the window.   Shoot at first I was like good maybe FL can get some of these Dade and Broward kids, but they are still going to Clemson, UGA, Bama, etc.   SMH.   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GrecoRoman said:

Saw on Twitter Miami has 33 4* and 5* players on the roster...they have the studs and still recruit pretty well.

Player development and coaching are the main issues, in my opinion.

The Hurricane will be back but not anytime soon and not under Diaz and that staff.

• Like 1

On paper Clemson, Florida St and Miami are the most talented ACC teams every year....all 3 recruiting at national levels and pulling Top 20 classes or higher.

Much like Tennessee who recruits very well to this day but can't get it together.

You can go out and recruit new players every year and feel great about it, but you can't go out and recruit new head coaches every year.

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

Saw on Twitter Miami has 33 4* and 5* players on the roster...they have the studs and still recruit pretty well.

Player development and coaching are the main issues, in my opinion.

The Hurricane will be back but not anytime soon and not under Diaz and that staff.

BTW - I get a kick of seeing how guys on here try and bash Louis based on the outcome of some random HS games. Talk about an absolutely loaded state - talent as good as anywhere and better than just about everywhere

FL, LA and GA all stand far above anyone else talent wise.  .  The simple fact is you have by far the largest amount of top level talent condensed in those states.  If someone can't admit that I wouldnt even enteratain football discussion with them.   Good example would be combined they have less population than Cali but 3x the NFL and D1 players > way I see it stats don't lie and numbers like that are very telling

I'm pumped for tomorrow - I think the defense has a coming out party in the playoff (still nothing like some of the past LSU defenses but with this offense I think it's good enough)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

On paper Clemson, Florida St and Miami are the most talented ACC teams every year....all 3 recruiting at national levels and pulling Top 20 classes or higher.

Much like Tennessee who recruits very well to this day but can't get it together.

You can go out and recruit new players every year and feel great about it, but you can't go out and recruit new head coaches every year.

So true.  I just saw that UF, FSU and Miami are all in the top 6 for active players NFL rosters.  I get that this largely due to guys that came out years aggo but still that's crazy based how bad these teams have been for most of the last decade

4 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

BTW - I get a kick of seeing how guys on here try and bash Louis based on the outcome of some random HS games. Talk about an absolutely loaded state - talent as good as anywhere and better than just about everywhere

FL, LA and GA all stand far above anyone else talent wise.  .  The simple fact is you have by far the largest amount of top level talent condensed in those states.  If someone can't admit that I wouldnt even enteratain football discussion with them.   Good example would be combined they have less population than Cali but 3x the NFL and D1 players > way I see it stats don't lie and numbers like that are very telling

I'm pumped for tomorrow - I think the defense has a coming out party in the playoff (still nothing like some of the past LSU defenses but with this offense I think it's good enough)

Oklahoma is trash. If LSU doesnt win the game by double digits I will be disappointed 

• Like 1