Where’s the annual DD SEC bowl thread?!

954gator

45 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I had the same be thoughts... I just assumed he is still on Christmas vacation where internet wasn't available.

Bruh I got curious and went to the Big 12 Longhorn forum over on 247. 

Didn't type anything just read some of the comments... 

It's funny "this is a no win situation for Georgia","They don't wanna be there Baylor's gonna beat Georgia","Baylors Angry they're gonna handle UGA". 

That was last night... 

This morning 

"Crickets".... 

You already know I'm the biggest Buckeye here. But I do like to watch other fan bases to see how they act. 

And boy the longhorn & Baylor  fans just got the biggest case of hushmouth I've ever seen... 

Thing is idk why Texas fans care... Y'all just whooped a solid Utah squad. 

Texas is the only Big12 team to win a bowl game so far... 

Baylor has had the problem of not being able to beat anyone with a stout defense... Idk what their excuse was with OU... 

8 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

It's funny "this is a no win situation for Georgia","They don't wanna be there Baylor's gonna beat Georgia","Baylors Angry they're gonna handle UGA". 

That was last night... 

This morning 

"Crickets".... 

You already know I'm the biggest Buckeye here. But I do like to watch other fan bases to see how they act. 

And boy the longhorn & Baylor  fans just got the biggest case of hushmouth I've ever seen... 

Baylor has had the problem of not being able to beat anyone with a stout defense... Idk what their excuse was with OU... 

Texas is quiet b/c they lost to a Baylor team that just got beat by a GA team that was depleted.  Not a good look!  

• Like 3

22 hours ago, 954gator said:

🤔

@DevilDog

I figured now that you won it means that you cared about the Bowl game and obviously Baylor didn't.  Isn't that how it works?  And because Texas Pooped the Bed I really had no interest.  Notice NOT one word about them vs. UTAH either.  

SEC SEC SEC.  May the cousins rejoice eat a bowl of grits have a plate of Swine and hug till the sun sets.  😂

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That was last night... 

This morning 

"Crickets".... 

The Big 12 obviously this year was not very good at all.  Texas beating UTAH was nothing to celebrate after they laid down for 4 games.    Did Ga care this year or did Baylor not care? Clearly Baylor was disappointed for not going to the playoff 🤣. The SEC GO TO.    I have to try and figure out the wins and loses for the SEC.  They win greatest ever. They lose well they had no interest.  The BIG 12 was an underdog in every bowl game this year.  I stated that earlier and said I don't ever remember that being the case.   Baylor lost to JawJaa's JV.  

• Haha 2

Just now, DevilDog said:

The Big 12 obviously this year was not very good at all.  Texas beating UTAH was nothing to celebrate after they laid down for 4 games.    Did Ga care this year or did Baylor not care.  I have to try and figure out the wins and loses for the SEC.  They win greatest ever. They lose well they had no interest.  The BIG 12 was an underdog in every bowl game this year.  I stated that earlier and said I don't ever remember that being the case.  

I'll say this... Georgia probably should have played LSU with the squad they used last night. Make the clowns that layed down early for NFL contracts pay back their scholarship monies to boot. xD

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I'll say this... Georgia probably should have played LSU with the squad they used last night. Make the clowns that layed down early for NFL contracts pay back their scholarship monies to boot. xD

That was one boring ass Suga Bowl and only 57K showed up.  Ga clearly was much better than the Baptist.    And you likely ended the career of the QB from Baylor after MobileHoma wrecked his dome the Bulldawgs tried to finish him off.  I dont' blame those kids who are gonna get paid in the NFL for not playing.  UT has very little NFL GUYS these days so they all play. 🤣

By the way the Big 12 vs. SEC in bowl games the last 3 years even when losing all 3 this year stands at 6-6.  The difference is when the Big 12 loses they suck when the SEC Loses they didn't care.  🤣 Other than LSU going all Dust Bowl on Zero U.  The games have been farily close.   And GA. snapped a 2 game SEC losing Streak in the Sugar Bowl which is 2 -2 since they agreed to meet each other in it with either their champ or Runner ups. 

1.   2020/01/01  Baylor                14  -  Georgia          26 L    Sugar Bowl              
  2.   2019/12/28  Oklahoma              28  -  LSU              63 L    Peach Bowl              
  3.   2019/12/27  Oklahoma St           21  -  Texas A&M        24 L    Texas Bowl              
  4.   2019/01/01  Texas                 28  -  Georgia          21 W    Sugar Bowl              
  5.   2018/12/31  Oklahoma St           38  -  Missouri         33 W    Liberty Bowl           
  6.   2018/12/29  Oklahoma              34  -  Alabama          45 L    Orange Bowl           
  7.   2018/12/27  Baylor                45  -  Vanderbilt       38 W    Texas Bowl             
  8.   2018/01/01  Oklahoma              48  -  Georgia          54 L OT Rose Bowl              
  9.   2017/12/27  Texas                 33  -  Missouri         16 W    Texas Bowl            
  10.   2017/01/02  Oklahoma              35  -  Auburn           19 W    Sugar Bowl            
  11.   2016/12/30  TCU                   23  -  Georgia          31 L    Liberty Bowl           
  12.   2016/12/28  Kansas St             33  -  Texas A&M        28 W    Texas Bowl             
  • Often times when teams don't play well in bowl games, there is a built-in excuse that they weren't motivated because they didn't want to be there. Some used it last season when Georgia, which just missed making the playoffs, lost to Texas in the Sugar Bowl. 

This time, the Bulldogs - at least the ones that made the trip - played like a team that wanted to be here. Like last season, Georgia lost in the SEC title game before coming to New Orleans. The Bulldogs came back, although  many of their fans didn't.

• Haha 1

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21994162/history-fun-obnoxious-inescapable-sec-football-chant

What's even more funny is the Cousin's didn't even invent that Stupid Chant.  We TEXANS did when we mocked Those Piggies from Arkansas when they left the SWC.  After kicking their asses in 90 - 91 football season their last and worse record in the SWC.   Yet during the SWC BBall Tournament Nolan Richardson and the Swine kids romped and beat down UT for the Conference Championship and as a get back they started the Chant. 

The football team went 3-8 in 1990, its first losing season since 1967, and SWC fans would mock the Hogs with the "S-E-C" chant.

In March 1991, Nolan Richardson's team blitzed through the league tournament, averaging 112 points in three wins and thumping Texas 120-89 in the championship game.

"You talk about a raucous, boisterous S-E-C chant," said Tim DeVore, a longtime Arkansas season-ticket holder. "It was our last tournament, and everyone knew it. You couldn't yell any louder."

Fans nicknamed the Reunion Arena "Barnhill South," a reference to Barnhill Arena, Arkansas' home court.

"It was like 75 percent Razorback fans," Janes said. "We were having so much fun at the end of the game chanting, 'S-E-C, S-E-C' as they were cutting down the nets."

Texas still mocks them just go watch video of last years Sugar Bowl.  You Cousins should thank us for we gave you that obnoxious Chant  🤣

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

That was last night... 

This morning 

"Crickets".... 

The most entertaining team board has to be canes insight.   The posters there crack me up man.

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21994162/history-fun-obnoxious-inescapable-sec-football-chant

What's even more funny is the Cousin's didn't even invent that Stupid Chant.  We TEXANS did when we mocked Those Piggies from Arkansas when they left the SWC.  After kicking their asses in 90 - 91 football season their last and worse record in the SWC.   Yet during the SWC BBall Tournament Nolan Richardson and the Swine kids romped and beat down UT for the Conference Championship and as a get back they started the Chant. 

The football team went 3-8 in 1990, its first losing season since 1967, and SWC fans would mock the Hogs with the "S-E-C" chant.

In March 1991, Nolan Richardson's team blitzed through the league tournament, averaging 112 points in three wins and thumping Texas 120-89 in the championship game.

"You talk about a raucous, boisterous S-E-C chant," said Tim DeVore, a longtime Arkansas season-ticket holder. "It was our last tournament, and everyone knew it. You couldn't yell any louder."

Fans nicknamed the Reunion Arena "Barnhill South," a reference to Barnhill Arena, Arkansas' home court.

"It was like 75 percent Razorback fans," Janes said. "We were having so much fun at the end of the game chanting, 'S-E-C, S-E-C' as they were cutting down the nets."

Texas still mocks them just go watch video of last years Sugar Bowl.  You Cousins should thank us for we gave you that obnoxious Chant  🤣

That’s actually pretty funny.   

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Just givin you shit playa!  

The leader of the "Never SEC Movement" has gone mute????....

"With Oklahoma’s loss to LSU, the Big 12 now falls to 0-4 in the playoff, all of the losses coming at the expense of the Sooners. As for the New Year’s Six Bowl games, the conference has a poor 3-7 record in those games.

To make matters worse, the SEC won all three matchups against Big 12 teams. Including former member Texas A&M, who beat Oklahoma State in the Texas Bowl. Kansas State was the only team to play a Group of 5 opponent but lost to a very good Navy squad."

"

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

Just givin you shit playa!  

I know homie.  What happened to my favorite HS team in Fl this year.  The Wakana Mustangs and them Knotty Heads.  The great thing about Florida every game I watch is my new favorite team.  That is the Mecca of the Knotty Heads.  True story. I love Pho many travels in Asia.  But everytime I went without a damn Hair band it was trouble with these Knots.  I was watching a FL HS team on ESPN and saw a kid on the sideline tie his back with his side Knots and the rest is History.  Any knowledge need on Knots I just look at a Florida Football game.  Like when Wekiva had the Press Conference and it looked like Marley Concert.  It is and always will be IREY with you Homie. 

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

But the SEC actually sucks, because they should have won those games by way more than they did. And should have won the other two, too. SEC is just like any other conference...maybe even worse when you think about Vanderbilt. Yeah, SEC sucks.

I can't compete with that...😀

• Thumbs Down 1

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

But the SEC actually sucks, because they should have won those games by way more than they did. And should have won the other two, too. SEC is just like any other conference...maybe even worse when you think about Vanderbilt. Yeah, SEC sucks.

Yeah, Vandy didn't go bowling... but are writing checks for everybody to keep their internet on.

Thank God for those Vandy bosses, lawyers, doctors, and erstwhile mayors....

BGW

22 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I know homie.  What happened to my favorite HS team in Fl this year.  The Wakana Mustangs and them Knotty Heads.  The great thing about Florida every game I watch is my new favorite team.  That is the Mecca of the Knotty Heads.  True story. I love Pho many travels in Asia.  But everytime I went without a damn Hair band it was trouble with these Knots.  I was watching a FL HS team on ESPN and saw a kid on the sideline tie his back with his side Knots and the rest is History.  Any knowledge need on Knots I just look at a Florida Football game.  Like when Wekiva had the Press Conference and it looked like Marley Concert.  It is and always will be IREY with you Homie. 

Got smoked by some of the other Orlando area teams like Edgewater/Apopka.  Not horrible, but definitely down.  

Freshman DT Tyler Davis had a hell of a year for Clemson.  Wish Fl could have gotten him.

• Thanks 1