XFL Part II

DevilDog

4 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Is anyone else watching Seattle vs. D.C..?

Damn it looks like a video game with the interaction and how crisp it is.  I might go out to Arlington tomorrow and watch the Dallas Team. 

Nice crowd for this 1st game on ABC.   

I watched a bit of it and am tempted to take the kiddo to Seattle's home opener next weekend.  Don't like the name Dragons, has nothing to do with the region but its pretty cool that Zorn is the HC and that they have a couple of players with local ties.

We'll see what the overall crowd drop off is from the first few weeks through the end of the season though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

I watched a bit of it and am tempted to take the kiddo to Seattle's home opener next weekend.  Don't like the name Dragons, has nothing to do with the region but its pretty cool that Zorn is the HC and that they have a couple of players with local ties.

We'll see what the overall crowd drop off is from the first few weeks through the end of the season though.

Yep see what it's like in 4 weeks.  Not the NFL and isn't suppose to be.  If they know their product and present it as such it could work.  I only saw 3qtrs of 1st game.  

19 hours ago, DevilDog said:

I think the level of play is pretty good for a 1st game.  A lot of interaction in this game.  The football looks like a Pretzel at the end.  No xp kicks either. 

The football is made by company here in DFW called “Big Game”.   Big Game makes balls for many High Schools and Colleges.  I started collecting them.

right now I have 

Texas

OU

Clemson 

USA National Team Ball

Texas A&M

LSU

custom Roger Staubach - with all his accomplishments-  They only made few of these for a big fund raiser  - All the others are actual game balls.

I hope this League makes it.  It was really good for my business too!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AztecPadre said:

This won't last another year.  Maybe won't last the year.  Have a good friend of mine that just told me money is hella tight because they have not gotten the sponsors they would have like to have had by now.  And the owners are only willing to lose so much before pulling the plug. He works in the XFL office.

The USFL (the NJ Generals with Herschel Walker and idiot owner Trump), the World League of Football in the 90's (buddy of mine played for the NY/NJ Knights), the XFL I and now the XFL II. This is just another in a long line of offseason football fails. 

• Like 1