Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz donned a gas mask Wednesday while he voted on a bill that would dedicate billions of dollars to combating coronavirus

RedZone

23 minutes ago, RedZone said:

That's just plain wrong, but I think I understand the 5 wingnuts here better though...in a weird way.

Someone should have slapped the shit out of that moron!

• Like 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/new-york-coronavirus-westchester/2020/03/04/a9e0c5e0-5e48-11ea-b014-4fafa866bb81_story.html

There are now more than 1,000 people self quarantining in the Westchester suburbs of NYC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/the-us-health-system-is-showing-why-its-not-ready-for-a-coronavirus-pandemic/2020/03/04/7c307bb4-5d61-11ea-b29b-9db42f7803a7_story.html

The U. S. health system is not ready for a coronavirus pandemic.  There are now over 150 cases in the U. S. (including 40 in Washington state).

California has also now declared a state of emergency.

Gaetz’ insane, irresponsible actions (wore this in Congress too) are all the more reprehensible.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BigDrop said:

Gaetz’ insane, irresponsible actions (wore this in Congress too) are all the more reprehensible.

When the dictator trump morons here see dictator trump morons in "real life" doing moronic stuff they never comment and run like the cowards they are or quickly make other threads  

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Hunch confirmed...Literally 3 days from tweeting pictures of himself wearing a gas-mask to do his job in congress to tweeting this.  🙄

image.png.54fdcf6a97fc4ef4465934b5c2905028.png

Yeah, sad.

He's taking a beating on social media...well deserved too.

Another dictator trump loon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, 15yds4gibberish said:

Hunch confirmed...Literally 3 days from tweeting pictures of himself wearing a gas-mask to do his job in congress to tweeting this.  🙄

image.png.54fdcf6a97fc4ef4465934b5c2905028.png

That’s heartstopping.  What kind of human being would don a mockery of a mask when thosearound them are dying?  

Support for Trump speaks volumes about those who support.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, BigDrop said:

....  What kind of human being would don a mockery of a mask when thosearound them are dying?  

@BigDrop

Pretty clear that Gaetz is a case of arrested development.  But consider what might be lying just behind this example:

Without researching the specifics of the case in Gaetz's district, let's assume for a moment that up until 3 days prior, Gaetz didn't know anybody in his district had tested positive, leaving him comfortable enough to selfie tweet wearing  the mask.  If a person suddenly shows up dead of the virus in his district, then there's a very high likelihood there's something like 100 untested, undiagnosed, and unknown cases running around in his district, spreading virus.

A lot of what is needed to contain a pandemic is social rather than strictly medical.  Again, not claiming to be an expert in any of this, but most accounts of this virus are that it spreads exponentially so the best thing we can do to mitigate the harm is to slow it as much as possible so our healthcare system doesn't become overwhelmed -- Just as you stated in another post above.  This means that rather than promoting denial-ism, everyone of every age, needs to do their part to try and not spread it.

Posted this chart elsewhere, but I find it nicely illustrates why slowing down the rate of an epidemic  can be so critical :

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 1:04 AM, BigDrop said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/social-issues/new-york-coronavirus-westchester/2020/03/04/a9e0c5e0-5e48-11ea-b014-4fafa866bb81_story.html

There are now more than 1,000 people self quarantining in the Westchester suburbs of NYC.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/the-us-health-system-is-showing-why-its-not-ready-for-a-coronavirus-pandemic/2020/03/04/7c307bb4-5d61-11ea-b29b-9db42f7803a7_story.html

The U. S. health system is not ready for a coronavirus pandemic.  There are now over 150 cases in the U. S. (including 40 in Washington state).

California has also now declared a state of emergency.

I am 15 minutes from Westchester. I live here. I can guarantee you other than the paranoid nobody gives a rat's ass

And oh the WHO wont call it a pandemic 

6 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

I am 15 minutes from Westchester. I live here. I can guarantee you other than the paranoid nobody gives a rat's ass

And oh the WHO wont call it a pandemic 

Your faith in Trump will be tested tomorrow:  oil (Russia, Saudi and US price war), coronavirus, stock market, bonds (30 years Treasury is under $1.00).