SoCal High School Football -Super Recruited-Super Teams

Texasball

7 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

My daddy can beat up your Daddy.  

Because everyone plays HS football, in Texas including 6-man.  I just had your back explaining HS football to Jawjaa.  Concerning demographics and cultures.   Talking HS football to a NorCal guy us like discussing a supermarket with a North Korean defector.  Hell I bet 90% of you never seen that kid Bryce Young play in person.  Damn near every Texan on here saw Kyler.  It's an easy bet that I offered up.  

A I thought you couldn’t say something stupider than your last post, I stand corrected.

25 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Not hating disputing this non sense about him being better with no proof offered.  And I'm  not sure he throws better than Kyler.  Who for al, the bloviating has proven his HS skills and competition translated to College and the NFL.  He left A&M due to falling out with sumlin.  Everybody wanted Kyler.  Do you'll understand  he is considered the best HS QB in the history of Texas and arguably the best ever.  We damn sure don't  think Bryce Young would be seen that way.  Again Arguably the best HS player in Texas

Well “proof” is hard to deliver when it comes to stuff like this. It’s like the Jordan/Kobe/Bron argument. Who’s the best? Depends who you ask and where they’re from. Not a soul in LA that’ll let anyone tell you Lebrons better than Kobe. Not a soul in Texas that’ll let anyone say Bryce is better than Kyler.(Different, but decent comparison I hope🤣?)  I’m hearing what you’re saying for sure, what Kyler did in Texas was unprecedented and will be very difficult to replicate. I don’t question anybody that has Kyler at 1, but you already know if I gotta go with somebody I’m going with my guy B-smooth #9 😎 Opinions, opinions. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Well “proof” is hard to deliver when it comes to stuff like this. It’s like the Jordan/Kobe/Bron argument. Who’s the best? Depends who you ask and where they’re from. Not a soul in LA that’ll let anyone tell you Lebrons better than Kobe. Not a soul in Texas that’ll let anyone say Bryce is better than Kyler.(Different, but decent comparison I hope🤣?)  I’m hearing what you’re saying for sure, what Kyler did in Texas was unprecedented and will be very difficult to replicate. I don’t question anybody that has Kyler at 1, but you already know if I gotta go with somebody I’m going with my guy B-smooth #9 😎 Opinions, opinions. 

Dammit Nick, quit using logic, his head might explode.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DevilDog said:

If you make such a profound statement that someone is better then they have to surpass the guy they are comparing one to.  I let Kyler's achievement  speak and I say hell no Bryce Young will not exceed that.  Those SoCal QB's have been epic underachievers or busts including those  from the two Private Juggernauts who are pushed as playing much stiffer HS competition.   Hell Daniel's is trying to leave USC Cuz he sucks.  Just entered the Transfer pool.  

So that should be an easy bet to jump on.  

We have nothing but air and opportunity for BY to prove us wrong and the other side right. 
Much football to be played yet Gunny. 
bgw

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Kyler Murray. awards.  I will await how Bryce is much better.  

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (2019)

PFWA All-Rookie Team (2019)

Heisman Trophy (2018)

Davey O'Brien Award (2018)

Associated Press College Football Player of the Year (2018)

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (2018)

First-team All-Big 12 (2018)

USA Today Offensive Player of the Year (2014)

2× Mr. Texas Football (2013, 2014)

2× USA Today All-American (2013, 2014)

Gatorade Football Player of the Year (2014)

One national championship will trumps all this.... 

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Kyler Murray. awards.  I will await how Bryce is much better.  

NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year (2019)

PFWA All-Rookie Team (2019)

Heisman Trophy (2018)

Davey O'Brien Award (2018)

Associated Press College Football Player of the Year (2018)

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (2018)

First-team All-Big 12 (2018)

USA Today Offensive Player of the Year (2014)

2× Mr. Texas Football (2013, 2014)

2× USA Today All-American (2013, 2014)

Gatorade Football Player of the Year (2014)

I hope no one is saying Bryce is better.  High School seriously means nothing.  What Murray did in college was beyond crazy - might not see a guy like that for decades and now he's making an NFL career for himself.  People on here get way carried away with high school performance.  I played for a MAC  school and started for two years(no big deal I know but I competed against plenty of top athletes on teams we played)  yet the NFL was such a big step from there I didn't have a chance once I got to that level.  Fact is - no way to know how good any HS player is until he's competing in college.  The biggest gains as an athlete come between 18-24 - shit I've seen people come out of  high school as nothing special and become athletic freaks by junior year of college so the bottom line in HS no mater who you are "you ain't seen nothing yet"

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I hope no one is saying Bryce is better.  High School seriously means nothing.  What Murray did in college was beyond crazy - might not see a guy like that for decades and now he's making an NFL career for himself.  People on here get way carried away with high school performance.  I played for a MAC  school and started for two years(no big deal I know but I competed against plenty of top athletes on teams we played)  yet the NFL was such a big step from there I didn't have a chance once I got to that level.  Fact is - no way to know how good any HS player is until he's competing in college.  The biggest gains as an athlete come between 18-24 - shit I've seen people come out of  high school as nothing special and become athletic freaks by junior year of college so the bottom line in HS no mater who you are "you ain't seen nothing yet"

THANK YOU SIR!

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

THANK YOU SIR!

Just imagine Murray with another few inches.  I've seen a great deal of NFL players in person and as a powerlifter/bodybuilder very rarely have been blown away by their builds but they almost all have good height, typically long arms/big hands etc.  I was only 5 "11 at MLB and always felt that not having 2 inches more killed me - had no problem stalemating lineman but would lose sight for that split second and then it's too late.  

Can't imagine being a QB doing what he did/does at 5"10 - unbelievably impressive 

20 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

If high school means nothing then why are you posting on a high school football forum. The question was who was better in high school not taking into consideration what happened after. How hard is that to comprehend.

3 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Just imagine Murray with another few inches.  I've seen a great deal of NFL players in person and as a powerlifter/bodybuilder very rarely have been blown away by their builds but they almost all have good height, typically long arms/big hands etc.  I was only 5 "11 at MLB and always felt that not having 2 inches more killed me - had no problem stalemating lineman but would lose sight for that split second and then it's too late.  

Can't imagine being a QB doing what he did/does at 5"10 - unbelievably impressive 

10 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I never seen a National publication asking this about Bryce Young

Greatest HS QB ever? The indelible legend of Kyler Murray

https://247sports.com/Article/Oklahoma-Kyler-Murray-stats--122873361/

During the 2013 offseason Fleener adopted the RPO concepts that Kliff Kingsbury used the previous year to guide Johnny Manziel to his Heisman at Texas A&M. Many plays in Murray’s final two seasons at Allen included a concept where Murray would pop his feet and have a quick passing option out wide. If Murray didn’t like those options, the offensive line blocked a quarterback counter off the weakside and Murray could take off.

The results were devastating. Despite rarely playing a snap in the fourth quarter, Murray finished his junior season with 3,669 yards passing, 1,274 yards rushing and 65 total touchdowns. His senior year numbers look even sillier. Murray led Allen to its third state title by passing for 4,713 yards, rushing for 1,495 and totaling 79 touchdowns.

Just now, Norcalnut said:

If high school means nothing then why are you posting on a high school football forum. The question was who was better in high school not taking into consideration what happened after. How hard is that to comprehend.

You're taking it serious bro damn.  I actually didnt read through the thread to see the initial discussion point - look at my post I said           "If anyone thinks Bryce is better" because I didnt think anyone could make that statement with a straight face.  And how could someone know for sure who was better in HS that's a pointless discussion - they were both great and it's just random opionion after that and hope that Bryce is great.  Again though - to see what Murray did just one year removed from HS give me a decent idea of where he was just 9 months before in HS. 

I can still post every now and then on a HS board because I follow football in general - doesnt mean I can't bring other levels into it.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

I think most guys wish they had 2 more inches🤪

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The HS QB GOAT courtey of Texas

Should just rename Texas QB'ville.  I'll still say TX has the best HS FB because they have the bext mix of everything QB's, skill position, lineplay.   No other state has that kind of balance.  Cali has some good balance but not on the level of TX in my opionion.  

A contrast to this would be GA,FL,LA in the sense that while they have an overflow of top level talent they just don't have the balance at all positions like you see out of TX. (GA is somewhat wellrounded though in that they have athletic freaks all over combined with some good QB play here and there)   I lived in South FL for years and the QB play was actually some of the worst I've ever seen collectively in a HS league (the special teams were even worse) but their defenses are nasty in particular the Miami schools where flying to the ball on defense gets more cred than anything done on offense.  That's why HS football is great - different regional skill sets and mentalities 

• Like 1

And for the record here’s that same guy at Maxpreps calling Kyler the goat about 7 months earlier. Must’ve seen something special in Bryce to make that statement 👀 Bryce’s tools and talent are undeniable as were Kylers. I’m trying to tell you all but you won’t listen! First pic 3/13/19 

Second pic 10/28/19

DC7237B8-307C-4325-9389-70031AA5FE47.png

6B4C1A75-3E90-492F-ACFD-CA29265EE6D3.jpeg