SoCal High School Football -Super Recruited-Super Teams

Texasball

3 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Then that should have prepared him to surpass Kyler at every level.  My original bet still stands.  

I'm pretty confident with the caliber and talent of the top echelon of TX 6A.  To include the obvious inferior  teams Kyler played on and against.  

I sure hope this season goes on.   Cali will get a chance to prove how inferior NS and 6A is.  

Can't wait to see all these vastly superior Cali athletes in late August with 100 degree (Houston Summer weather) kicking it.

If they thought it was "HOT" up in Euless, TX..   They ain't seen nothuuuunnnn yet!!!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Texasfrog said:

Can't wait to see all these vastly superior Cali athletes in late August with 100 degree (Houston Summer weather) kicking it.

If they thought it was "HOT" up in Euless, TX..   They ain't seen nothuuuunnnn yet!!!!

Once again banking on home cooked weather to compensate for inferior talent and coaching 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Not sure the CIF schedule yet but I can really see this shutdown hurting some teams more than others. Teams with superior talent my not be hurt as bad, they’ll win games with their talent alone. Teams that rely on superior conditioning, like DLS (I know there are a lot of teams like this) will be hurt more. How many times have we watched DLS games where you can see the other team has more talent but DLS hung tough late in the game because of their conditioning, the St Johns game is the best example. If they can’t do their normal off season weights and conditioning, they’ll really be hurt. Especially early in the season and they’re suppose to go to Texas for game one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Speaking of Cali, where do you guys stand in playing in the fall?  I thought I read somewhere the CIF is pushing things back until league play only...

Hopeful for the full season and kick off in mid August but realistically I don’t see any games being played anytime before October. Especially any games that require 60+ kids & coaches to get on an airplane. I’ve also heard that the CIF might push the season back so we would get the championship game in February or March. (The last time the champ. game here was played in March was in 1919 because of the Spanish Flu ) I would be very surprised if we had any practices before August *IF* we can even start practicing then. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DLS350 said:

Not sure the CIF schedule yet but I can really see this shutdown hurting some teams more than others. Teams with superior talent my not be hurt as bad, they’ll win games with their talent alone. Teams that rely on superior conditioning, like DLS (I know there are a lot of teams like this) will be hurt more. How many times have we watched DLS games where you can see the other team has more talent but DLS hung tough late in the game because of their conditioning, the St Johns game is the best example. If they can’t do their normal off season weights and conditioning, they’ll really be hurt. Especially early in the season and they’re suppose to go to Texas for game one.

I really don’t think the DLS/North shore game happens.  I think in TX the season will be pushed back.  That’s why I was asking about plans for the season in CA

• Thanks 1

On 5/4/2020 at 10:27 PM, Sammyswordsman said:

The MD coaching staff had ties into Servite if you are referring to the St. Browns.

yes, I do remember that the St. Brown WR siblings were transfers from Servite to MD, even though recruiting is obviously illegal in high school football, it does raise suspicion on how Rollo was able to get MD to lure more talented athletes to MD after he blew up the program following the 2011 season, compared to the previous decade in which MD made zero appearences in the CIF finals.