SoCal High School Football -Super Recruited-Super Teams

Texasball

This is the reason cali football is a joke in my eyes. Recruiting kids nationwide and then beating your chest cause you beat kids on local teams. Their is nothing morally positive about that and they should be embarrassed that they can't win with their own kids.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Down 2

32 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

This is the reason cali football is a joke in my eyes. Recruiting kids nationwide and then beating your chest cause you beat kids on local teams. Their is nothing morally positive about that and they should be embarrassed that they can't win with their own kids.

🤣🤣🤣 Soft take. Go hate on NJ, Fl + others too or do they get the pass. “Can’t win with their own kids.”  Who are “our own kids” we need to win with? Or is it a problem again that we’re a private school and don’t have a designated enrollment zone. The best talent in the nation is here. Recruit nationwide? You mean high school kids move with their families to another state so they can go to school and play ball? Got it. That happens everywhere. RB from Louisiana just moved to go play at DV TX, are they paying for the family to move and giving out jobs too or does that only apply to CA in your head? Oh and having youth football camps on campus is not unique to CA. Public and private schools all over have summer sports camps👍 

• Like 5

28 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

🤣🤣🤣 Soft take. Go hate on NJ, Fl + others too or do they get the pass. “Can’t win with their own kids.”  Who are “our own kids” we need to win with? Or is it a problem again that we’re a private school and don’t have a designated enrollment zone. The best talent in the nation is here. Recruit nationwide? You mean high school kids move with their families to another state so they can go to school and play ball? Got it. That happens everywhere. RB from Louisiana just moved to go play at DV TX, are they paying for the family to move and giving out jobs too or does that only apply to CA in your head? Oh and having youth football camps on campus is not unique to CA. Public and private schools all over have summer sports camps👍 

The kid from Louisiana may not even start at DV

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

https://www.ajc.com/blog/high-school-sports/transfers-changing-georgia-high-school-football-landscape/WVLQxPRX8YD1QFD6FgvBsK/amp.html

And they never transfer in Georgia, this is from 4 years ago.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Texasball said:

The kid from Louisiana may not even start at DV

Right and Samples wasn’t “recruiting” him to add depth either. The kid and his family moved to DV, end of story. Thats the point I’m trying to make. Families move all the time to put their kids in better academic and athletic opportunities. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

14 minutes ago, Norcalnut said:

And you started this thread because your butthurt that Young is a better high school quarterback than Murray. Nice deflection.

I take Bryce over him too. Better thrower than Kyler was coming out of HS. Not the runner Kyler was but did a lot with his feet to get wins against some of the best teams in the country.   Kyler proved his game translates to all levels and hopefully Bryce does the same. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

You need to chill, I'm the only one able to talk shit about Cali and get away with it.

Learn from a former aspiring asshole.

BGW

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

And you started this thread because your butthurt that Young is a better high school quarterback than Murray. Nice deflection.

Yes, Young is a way better QB than Murray.

Josh Allen too...

and that Josh Rosen guy...

and some MNC Tate Martell.

I don’t know where any of them are at now but I’m just playing along with the Soviet Russian speaking...

In Soviet Russia, Young better than Murray

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

Yes, Young is a way better QB than Murray.

Josh Allen too...

and that Josh Rosen guy...

and some MNC Tate Martell.

I don’t know where any of them are at now but I’m just playing along with the Soviet Russian speaking...

In Soviet Russia, Young better than Murray

You been smoking way to many shells comrade🤪

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

Ya.. I can remember seeing Murray in High School throwing picks and fumbling the ball in big games...   Oh wait, that was Young.

I tell you what..  When Young wins a Heisman and is the 1st Overall Pick in the NFL.   Get back with me!

My bet... Young will turn out to be another hyped up bust coming out of SoCal.  Now that the playing field is going to be more even with talent and the size, speed and talent level are more less equal.  We'll see what he has!

Welcome to the SEC Young.   The Triple-A of Pro Football.

11 hours ago, Texasball said:

Great article...  Tells it like it is regarding the California CIF (Southern Section) and how recruiting football players is the new norm for teams like SJB and Mater Dei.

It's like Pappppaaapppllous says in the Article.   With fewer and fewer kids playing football in California, the good players need to find good teams to go too.