The Republic of Texas to start resuming life next week

thc6795

1 hour ago, thc6795 said:

Others will follow. Some will stay hiding hoping the boogie man goes away. Which is ok. You see we need sheep. We are the sheep dog. We got your back.

You sure are leaving out a lot of details, it's not just an open spigot but a detailed, coordinated task force driven plan to open things in phases.  

Overall, Abbott has done a good job IMO in this crisis.  I haven't seen much antagonism.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horsefly said:

You sure are leaving out a lot of details, it's not just an open spigot but a detailed, coordinated task force driven plan to open things in phases.  

Overall, Abbott has done a good job IMO in this crisis.  I haven't seen much antagonism.  

I didn't leave out anything. Abbott will have Texas back up and running soon. 

Texas was  one of the last to lock people in their homes. Texas will be the first State to be back and running completely is my bet

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, thc6795 said:

I didn't leave out anything. Abbott  and the mayors will have Texas back up and running soon. 

Texas was  one of the last to lock people in their homes. Texas will be the first State to be back and running completely is my bet

This is how it really is. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Horsefly said:

This is how it really is. 

Bell I'm not sure if you have ever played sports. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

The QB Abbott in this case will be blasted if this blows up. If it doesn't he will be praised. He will get all the credit. Fair or not. It is what it is.

BTW long run tonight I know you love to argue but I'm passing.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Bell I'm not sure if you have ever played sports. So I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

The QB Abbott in this case will be blasted if this blows up. If it doesn't he will be praised. He will get all the credit. Fair or not. It is what it is.

BTW long run tonight I know you love to argue but I'm passing.

Do you ever slow down to read?  

I’m not talking about in the place of public opinion, I said in reality  it is the county judges and mayors that sheltered their cities and counties in place and shut down businesses.  

this is unlike many other states where the governor made those decisions 

• Thanks 2

Just read a few articles about this.  I found it fascinating how much power the elected county judges have in TX.  Nothing like this in NJ.

The re-opening seems like a bit of a misnomer -  seems more like really getting back to something that should have been part of the “lockdown” to begin with - state parks remain open but practice distancing and wearing masks; and all businesses that can do deliveries or curbside pickup, and practice capacity limits and distancing, should have been allowed to remain open this time.

I don’t think Texas is gonna be truly “open” for a while yet...

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Texas is VERY lucky. The virus has not taken root there.

10 hours ago, Horsefly said:

Do you ever slow down to read?  

I’m not talking about in the place of public opinion, I said in reality  it is the county judges and mayors that sheltered their cities and counties in place and shut down businesses.  

this is unlike many other states where the governor made those decisions 

Just wanted to let you know, I found this an EXCELLENT post 👍

Not only does it show your favorite  'nuance of things', but is an important reminder that we ALL have a tendency to see things from our own little viewpoint... from our own little  corner of the world...

Probably one of the larger contributors of why people believe there is so much 'division' in the internet age...

If you were to stop and think about it for one moment, we are all conversing with others that reside in totally different environments, on a daily basis, and then expecting for others to see things as we do....🤔

Thank you for the very important reminder.

In response, I can only post what it looks like, here on the ground, in Jersey .....

The latest from our Gubna...

Use your nuance skills to determine which pointed questions he absolutely won't answer....and note when asked for 'reasons for HIS actions', he can only defer (bonus for 'to who' LOL)....

Would you want him being in control of your state ???

PS:  Does he wear that "STATE POLICE" badge....🤔..... like some plastic participation trophy... he's 'earned' ??? 👀

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Troll said:

Not only does it show your favorite  'nuance of things', but is an important reminder that we ALL have a tendency to see things from our own little viewpoint... from our own little  corner of the world...

Probably one of the larger contributors of why people believe there is so much 'division' in the internet age...

If you were to stop and think about it for one moment, we are all conversing with others that reside in totally different environments, on a daily basis, and then expecting for others to see things as we do....🤔

In response, I can only post what it looks like, here on the ground, in Jersey .....

Use your nuance skills to determine which pointed questions he absolutely won't answer....and note when asked for 'reasons for his actions', he can only defer (bonus for 'to who' LOL)....

Murphy is an interesting case for me.  I disdain Murphy for his total lack of intellectual honesty, esp. when he was running for Governor and won’t be voting for him when he runs for re-election.

But I don’t envy him here; he’s in a real pickle.  The tax revenues he needs to fund his pie-in-the-sky programs are collapsing at an astonishing rate.  If the shore isn’t fully open for business this summer then 2020 is going to be catastrophic for state coffers.  He’s going to have to make massive cuts and borrow/raise taxes on a lot of people in a lot of different ways.  The former he is loathe to do due to his political philosophy and allegiances, and the latter is electorally bad for him (not to mention how much more in taxes does he expect us to pay...enough already!!!!).  I think he probably wants to get it open ASAP but is trying to navigate this thing as best he can.  But we are from NJ...people are gonna be pissed off the longer this goes on.  And if he thinks the GSP southbound isn’t going to be full of cars come Memorial Day weekend he’s out of his mind.  What’s he gonna do, put up roadblocks at the Driscoll Bridge?  That’s the end of our “Smiling Phil Murphy”.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Troll said:

Use your nuance skills to determine which pointed questions he absolutely won't answer....and note when asked for 'reasons for HIS actions', he can only defer (bonus for 'to who' LOL)....

PS:  Does he wear that "STATE POLICE" badge....🤔..... like some plastic participation trophy... he's 'earned' ??? 👀

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/tea-party-prez-considers-organizing-1st-nj-protest-of-coronavirus-stay-at-home-orders.html

As soon as I saw this yesterday I said to myself, “this has to be in Sussex County”.  Honestly they should file lawsuits if they think his orders are unconstitutional.  Let the courts deal with it.

11 minutes ago, Hardcore Troubador said:

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/04/tea-party-prez-considers-organizing-1st-nj-protest-of-coronavirus-stay-at-home-orders.html

As soon as I saw this yesterday I said to myself, “this has to be in Sussex County”.  Honestly they should file lawsuits if they think his orders are unconstitutional.  Let the courts deal with it.

I agree with that tact, but tell me that you haven't thought to yourself,  what the right of 'free assembly'   means today ?

Are were supposed to live in an 'arrest them first state'  and let the courts sort it out later...

...or when they load you on a train car....

...are you just happy for the free ride ??? 

🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

@thc6795  absolutely does not take the time to read and consider a post. before responding, that is obvious. 

Nor I post what I mean. Hurting your or anyone elses feelings doesn't mean shit to me. I'm not here trying to make friends man. This isn't a fucking dating site. Well except for racist Cajun and his boy toy 66. 

I call it like I see it no sugar coating. You can agree, argue or ignore. Whatever option you choose doesn't matter.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Troll said:

I agree with that tact, but tell me that you haven't thought to yourself,  what the right of 'free assembly'   means today ?

Are were supposed to live in an 'arrest them first state'  and let the courts sort it out later...

...or when they load you on a train car....

...are you just happy for the free ride ??? 

🤔

It’s true that public safety vs. constitutional freedoms are in conflict right now, but honestly, when are they not?  As of 10:02 a.m. on April 18, 2020 in NJ the pendulum has swung far towards the “public safety” side of things.  

Maybe I don’t understand what you’re ultimately trying to get at, but as I see it the only way to “forcibly” challenge this if you disagree with it is the courts.  Sure, you can protest and try to start a movement to persuade the Governor to change his mind, but that ends one of two ways: 1.  You succeed (our Nero on the Delaware will just call you a “knucklehead” and move on) or 2. You get arrested for some reason and again end up challenging it in court.

We don’t live in anything remotely approaching Nazi Germany or the USSR (despite what many on both sides would have you believe depending on who is in office).  If government oversteps there are established mechanisms for challenging that (including the ballot - I suppose some would say the Second Amendment - if all else fails).

Maybe I’m being sanguine but at the end of the day this going to end (sooner rather than later) and those in charge will be held to account one way or another.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

Texas is VERY lucky. The virus has not taken root there.

Last post before I go (try to LOL) finish the Taj Mahal  🤣

Something to chew on....

We may be in a 'better position' than many 'countries' to survive, as our 'many' forms of state govs, all having slightly dif approaches,  increases 'chances of success'...

Falls in line with the AGE OLD cycle of centralization/de-centralization...and which is best, and at what time...

Hows that tie in here ?

Well my 'freedom' (solely held by my ability to choose 'which subset of government' I agree to be a citizen of) would entirely be stripped away without 'freedom of movement' and such.....

Not something most would be willing to just 'give away' or 'let some court decide later'....especially when there is an current and immediate biological threat (amazingly by geography) to you and your family....

There are arguments to be made 'for and against'   govs are drawing the 'line' geographically (or otherwise) as to 'how many would be saved' by what actions....

BTW: It is only by the citizens questioning the decisions and directions of their own government, that keeps them on the 'best' path...

Food for thought...

Be  back later.

😁

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

Nor I post what I mean. Hurting your or anyone elses feelings doesn't mean shit to me. I'm not here trying to make friends man. This isn't a fucking dating site. Well except for racist Cajun and his boy toy 66. 

I call it like I see it no sugar coating. You can agree, argue or ignore. Whatever option you choose doesn't matter.

I get all this but it does not explain why you don't take the time to understand what my posts actually say. 

anyway, let's both hope they open the gyms soon. I know you will be open Monday, correct?