Mel Kiper 2021 top prospects

Ga96

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2021-NFL-Draft-Mel-Kiper-reveals-top-prospects-Justin-Fields-Trevor-Lawrence-Penei-Sewell-146816423/

Thing that people seem to overlook in fields numbers is he put those up without playing complete games. 

Ohio state got another corner in top 10.

Tifton got a top 10 pick in Rashod Bateman. He has introduced Minnesota to what they can achieve by recruiting south ga players. I think they have offered at least 1 kid at every school in region 1.

12 hours ago, Ga96 said:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/2021-NFL-Draft-Mel-Kiper-reveals-top-prospects-Justin-Fields-Trevor-Lawrence-Penei-Sewell-146816423/

Thing that people seem to overlook in fields numbers is he put those up without playing complete games. 

Ohio state got another corner in top 10.

Tifton got a top 10 pick in Rashod Bateman. He has introduced Minnesota to what they can achieve by recruiting south ga players. I think they have offered at least 1 kid at every school in region 1.

Minnesota just got a commitment from Lemeke Brockington from Colquitt.  They're gonna love him when he signs.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Minnesota just got a commitment from Lemeke Brockington from Colquitt.  They're gonna love him when he signs.

Rufus>>

Crazy how the times have changed. Players like that should never leave out of the sec or acc area but south georgia and north florida are overlooked because of lazy recruiters and recruiting sites. Fsu got away from it and it cost them in recent years. Call me biased but you can't go wrong with some south Ga players on your team they just have different blood than the rest. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Am I the only one who thinks it’s crazy these kids haven’t taken a visit and are committing to schools. 

That’s why I’m thinking most of these 4 and 5* commitments will flip after a few physical trips for visits. The 2021 recruiting rankings will change drastically. I hate to say this with Tennessee doing so well right now, but I’m a realist. 

7 hours ago, Omaha Vol said:

That’s why I’m thinking most of these 4 and 5* commitments will flip after a few physical trips for visits. The 2021 recruiting rankings will change drastically. I hate to say this with Tennessee doing so well right now, but I’m a realist. 

That’s good and bad for Tennessee. Good because they can bet some more 4/5* kids. Bad because they could lose the ones that have. 

I agree. How you decide where you’re going to live, go to school and Play ball without visiting a place is beyond my comprehension. 

46 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I agree. How you decide where you’re going to live, go to school and Play ball without visiting a place is beyond my comprehension. 

Certain programs have legitimate explanations for why a kid might commit even without a visit.

The Bamas and Ohio States of the world have a track record of getting kids drafted and getting lots of kids drafted in the 1st (or early) rounds. These teams get lots of exposure, compete for titles and have a history of having top notch coaching.

If a 4* or 5* kids gets an offer and wants to try get the himself the best chance of getting drafted and getting drafted as early as possible, there is an argument that these are the types of programs to go to vs. an "I fell in love with the campus" approach.

12 minutes ago, concha said:

Certain programs have legitimate explanations for why a kid might commit even without a visit.

The Bamas and Ohio States of the world have a track record of getting kids drafted and getting lots of kids drafted in the 1st (or early) rounds. These teams get lots of exposure, compete for titles and have a history of having top notch coaching.

If a 4* or 5* kids gets an offer and wants to try get the himself the best chance of getting drafted and getting drafted as early as possible, there is an argument that these are the types of programs to go to vs. an "I fell in love with the campus" approach.

I get it. LSU just had 14 kids drafted and another 6 sign FA contracts. That’s 20 kids that are cashing an nfl signing bonus. 

I still wouldn’t do it nor would I recommend anybody else do it. Now my recommendation and 4.99 will get you a small coffee at starbux, but still. Not having meet the staff, your future teammates, looked at the campus, the area, the weather. A lot of variables where any one of them can make a kid say 🤔 .

And let’s face it. This years list of decommits will be astronomical compared to any other year because of it. Wait and see. 

Let’s revisit this come December and that first signing day. Plenty of websites track these kids commitments now, so we’ll be able to see how many did not honor their commitment.

6 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I get it. LSU just had 14 kids drafted and another 6 sign FA contracts. That’s 20 kids that are cashing an nfl signing bonus. 

I still wouldn’t do it nor would I recommend anybody else do it. Now my recommendation and 4.99 will get you a small coffee at starbux, but still. Not having meet the staff, your future teammates, looked at the campus, the area, the weather. A lot of variables where any one of them can make a kid say 🤔 .

And let’s face it. This years list of decommits will be astronomical compared to any other year because of it. Wait and see. 

Let’s revisit this come December and that first signing day. Plenty of websites track these kids commitments now, so we’ll be able to see how many did not honor their commitment.

I hear you.

I would expect more turnover also. It's just that certain programs are prettier and shinier than others and have a bit of a better message when it comes to kids getting $$$ paid.  

19 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Crazy how the times have changed. Players like that should never leave out of the sec or acc area but south georgia and north florida are overlooked because of lazy recruiters and recruiting sites. Fsu got away from it and it cost them in recent years. Call me biased but you can't go wrong with some south Ga players on your team they just have different blood than the rest. 

How's the blood differ from the rest...raised by dumbasses or dumbass fans? It ain't the grits nor the water, don't even try.

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Regards,

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, concha said:

Definitely some merit to that, also a official or unofficial visit isn't always gonna give an accurate depiction of campus life, these visits are orchestrated by the coaching staff in various ways.

bgw

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Definitely some merit to that, also a official or unofficial visit isn't always gonna give an accurate depiction of campus life, these visits are orchestrated by the coaching staff in various ways.

bgw

Didn't Oregon get caught several years ago having hot girls as guides who were banging recruits?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, concha said:

Didn't Oregon get caught several years ago having hot girls as guides who were banging recruits?  

That's been around awhile, don't forget Rush week with the Frat parties and dorm beer bashes with kegs in every corner of the dorm hallway.

People turning up missing, never found...college is wild. And downright hostile in some cases to certain groups.

bgw

43 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

How's the blood differ from the rest...raised by dumbasses or dumbass fans? It ain't the grits nor the water, don't even try.

Regards,

bgw

I’m get a kick out of all the “look at south jawja! look at south jawja” threads. 

Im not sure of what the old boy is trying to validate, but he certainly is putting in the work! 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Regards,

bgw

You wouldn't understand unless you came and witnessed it yourself. Its the same as other conferences trying to figure out why the Sec is the top conference.  Region 1 is the sec of hsfb. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

51 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

You wouldn't understand unless you came and witnessed it yourself. Its the same as other conferences trying to figure out why the Sec is the top conference.  Region 1 is the sec of hsfb. 

Negative Ghostrider! The SEC has won titles since 2015. Region one? Not so much. 

• Haha 2

On 5/7/2020 at 6:59 AM, Sweetlarry said:

That’s good and bad for Tennessee. Good because they can bet some more 4/5* kids. Bad because they could lose the ones that have. 

UT is one campus that a visit will only make a kid want to keep their commitment there.  Its a beautiful place and I'm really not even a fan of the Vols.  I think when more kids get a look at UT and their new staff, the flood gates might open for a few seasons.  

12 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

UT is one campus that a visit will only make a kid want to keep their commitment there.  Its a beautiful place and I'm really not even a fan of the Vols.  I think when more kids get a look at UT and their new staff, the flood gates might open for a few seasons.  

It’s funny. I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder. My daughter, who has spent many hours on campus in Knoxville, Doesn’t see it like that. 
She does live Duke and LSU for campus aesthetic appeal. 

I like the bottom part of campus where you can see the river. 

2 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

It’s funny. I guess it’s in the eye of the beholder. My daughter, who has spent many hours on campus in Knoxville, Doesn’t see it like that. 
She does live Duke and LSU for campus aesthetic appeal. 

I like the bottom part of campus where you can see the river. 

yeah that river area is nice.  cool party area.  

Now keep in mind I only went up to UT to visit friends and chill around town two or three times.  I hardly saw and did everything around there to do so that could be a big difference.  And I wasn't college age when going up there so that could be too.  

I love LSU's campus.  I was at a wedding in their chapel on campus as well; beautiful for sure!