A shout out to Malcolm

DarterBlue

Yesterday, he would have celebrated his 95th birthday. I know many on this board hate and revile him and his legacy. But as a man of color, I believe I can say the following: Was he a perfect vehicle? No he was not. But, in very troubling times in the USA, he gave black folks their dignity back. He fearlessly fought for his beliefs and in the process sacrificed his life for them. 

Malcolm X, you were a giant among men. I will remember you till the day I die. Rest in Peace, my brother!

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

How do you know this? Can you give some examples of people speaking about him in a derogatory fashion?

Actually, to the best of my knowledge and recollection he has not been mentioned in any threads I have read. So, how do I know? It sounds like a reasonable question ... until you hang out here and see the vicious, vile, hateful threads started and prolonged by certain individuals who are regular posters. 

I spent the second half of my childhood growing up in a Kingston ghetto. One lesson learned from that experience was to assess individuals quickly. Failure to do so quickly and accurately could, shall we say, have disastrous consequences. I dare say, some of the "community" here are as vile as the vilest I have ever met. 

2 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

How do you know this? Can you give some examples of people speaking about him in a derogatory fashion?

Now I hate to be accused of going back and looking at what people write on here, as it seems others don't care for their words coming back to haunt them, particularly if it is from, like, a year or two ago. Shit, should we really be held accountable for anything we say more than a week ago?

But, here's an example. Probably more too.

image.png.b9644ba7e67dae97de5766f0f8a65d1e.png

1 hour ago, DarterBlue said:

Actually, to the best of my knowledge and recollection he has not been mentioned in any threads I have read. So, how do I know? It sounds like a reasonable question ... until you hang out here and see the vicious, vile, hateful threads started and prolonged by certain individuals who are regular posters. 

I spent the second half of my childhood growing up in a Kingston ghetto. One lesson learned from that experience was to assess individuals quickly. Failure to do so quickly and accurately could, shall we say, have disastrous consequences. I dare say, some of the "community" here are as vile as the vilest I have ever met. 

Certainly from both sides not just one-sided obviously

He was so extreme, he got smoked by his own group of extremists. 

he spent 6.5 years in prison. Never let @DarterBlue take the high road when he admires someone like this 

Malcolm began robbing food from stores in Lansing. Later on, in Boston and New York, he got involved in drug dealing, gambling and prostitution rackets, spending much of his time in seedy nightclubs. At age 19, he was arrested for the first time for allegedly stealing and pawning his half-sister’s fur coat. A second arrest followed for allegedly mugging an acquaintance at gunpoint, and a third arrest came after he burglarized a series of Boston-area homes. Sentenced to state prison in 1946, his cellblock mates called him “Satan” for his habit of pacing around and muttering curses at God and the Bible.

Called MLK an Uncle Tom and belittled his impact for civil rights. A real P.O.S. Whats the obsession with admiring low life scumbags? 

While in the Nation of Islam, Malcolm routinely referred to mainstream civil-rights leaders as “Uncle Toms,” considering them fools for thinking white America would ever willingly give them equality. When Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his “I Have a Dream” speech during the 1963 March on Washington, Malcolm called it the “Farce on Washington.”

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

He was so extreme, he got smoked by his own group of extremists. 

he spent 6.5 years in prison. Never let @DarterBlue take the high road when he admires someone like this 

Malcolm began robbing food from stores in Lansing. Later on, in Boston and New York, he got involved in drug dealing, gambling and prostitution rackets, spending much of his time in seedy nightclubs. At age 19, he was arrested for the first time for allegedly stealing and pawning his half-sister’s fur coat. A second arrest followed for allegedly mugging an acquaintance at gunpoint, and a third arrest came after he burglarized a series of Boston-area homes. Sentenced to state prison in 1946, his cellblock mates called him “Satan” for his habit of pacing around and muttering curses at God and the Bible.

Leave it to you to focus on the early Malcolm and not the totality of his life. Can't say I would expect any better, for I most certainly don't. Whether out of ignorance or because it's your agenda, you have shown me a long time ago who you are. Needless to say, I have absolutely no admiration for you!

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Called MLK an Uncle Tom and belittled his impact for civil rights. A real P.O.S. Whats the obsession with admiring low life scumbags? 

While in the Nation of Islam, Malcolm routinely referred to mainstream civil-rights leaders as “Uncle Toms,” considering them fools for thinking white America would ever willingly give them equality. When Martin Luther King, Jr. gave his “I Have a Dream” speech during the 1963 March on Washington, Malcolm called it the “Farce on Washington.”

MLK had a high US disapproval rating, 75%, was spat on, rocks thrown at him, had police dogs put on him during peaceful marches and the hate was so strong he was assassinated, not by Malcolm, but white supremacists. America generally hated MLK, thought he was a trouble maker, but don’t take my words for it, MLK during one of his marches in the south had this to say: 

"I have seen many demonstrations in the South, but I have never seen anything so hostile and so hateful as I've seen here today,"

If you love MLK so much the groups that spat on him and murdered him is whom you should despise.  

Malcolm was a fighter for social and political justice and devoted his life to that purpose...period 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

MLK had a high US disapproval rating, 75%, was spat on, rocks thrown at him, had police dogs put on him during peaceful marches and the hate was so strong he was assassinated, not by Malcolm, but white supremacists. America generally hated MLK, thought he was a trouble maker, but don’t take my words for it, MLK during one of his marches in the south had this to say: 

"I have seen many demonstrations in the South, but I have never seen anything so hostile and so hateful as I've seen here today,"

If you love MLK so much the groups that spat on him and murdered him is whom you should despise.  

Malcolm was a fighter for social and political justice and devoted his life to that purpose...period 

The Mofos that murdered MLK now claim love for him.. Their Grandparents only hated Khruschhev more and the percentage pts were within 3pts.(Facts)  MLK taught me to kneel and pray and forgive  an oppressor.  El Hajj Malik El Shabazz taught me to stand up be a man and fight.  Dr King believed prayer could change Hatred.  Mr. shabazz exposed it to the world.  RIP Brotha . Your life and wisdom has benefited me greatly. 

As Salaam Alaikum.  May Elaha grant You Paradise and the ancestors embrace You. 

I will never be apologetic for those that sacrificed for my Basic Human Rights.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Wisdom

Imagine speaking like this in the 60s.  Yet I never saw a Water Hose turned on him or Dogs biting him or the NOI.  Never saw their Mosques burned to the ground either.  Can Dr. king or his followers say this?  Now whom would a sane person follow.  Yet You loved MLK.  Fucking revisionists make me Ill with their conceptual malfeasance.

• Like 2

He was called Satan because he didn't believe the B.S about You know who. and stopped Eating Swine in Prison.  Stop making up lies

Now School me on what this really means about MLK.  They didnt have anymore room to hate Malcolm.  I guess that explains why they didn't sic their dogs and hoses on Him.  I'm thinking 75% means your old Granddad was one hateful MOFO.  And he did the statistics 🤣

Seventy-five percent of Americans disapproved of the civil rights leader as he spoke out against the Vietnam War and economic disparity.

• Like 3

The nation of Islam was branded a racist hate group by a far left service. The SPLC. 

Malcolm X was the second most prominent figure in this hate group at the time he was booted out.  He was booted out for being too hateful. lol.  That and airing out the dirty laundry of the leader. 

He was too extreme for a group of extremists. lol.  It’s like the KKK kicking you out for being too racist

The one thing that I respect about him is the fact that he was passionate about what he believed in and didn’t care what anyone thought.  He didn’t try to lie and be politically correct.  I respect his authenticity but I just didn’t respect the message he was conveying. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The nation of Islam was branded a racist hate group by a far left service. The SPLC. 

Malcolm X was the second most prominent figure in this hate group at the time he was booted out.  He was booted out for being too hateful. lol.  That and airing out the dirty laundry of the leader. 

He was too extreme for a group of extremists. lol.  It’s like the KKK kicking you out for being too racist

The one thing that I respect about him is the fact that he was passionate about what he believed in and didn’t care what anyone thought.  He didn’t try to lie and be politically correct.  I respect his authenticity but I just didn’t respect the message he was conveying. 

What do you think was the message he was conveying? 

2 hours ago, Horsefly said:

What do you think was the message he was conveying? 

They labeled him the Hate that Hate Begot.  Now let that sink in.  Reverse Psychology or as the nation called it Tricknology 🤣. But hey they loved MLK so much they shot him thru the neck as a sign of appreciation of his kneeling and kind speeches.  Then tell You to dislike Malcolm because he exposed the hate and said if someone put their hands on You Kill him.  But shoot Martin the one you suppose to admire and not dare touch Brotha Shabazz who you claim was hateful of You..  That's one tricky Mofo. Yeah that Tutelage is not allowed in my Brain Housing Group. 

• Like 1

Simply Brilliant. And extremely articulate with ths ignorance.   This fool trying to insist on him embracing ownership and of course distortions.  Elijah Muhammad developed 2 of the most famous Black men in History.  Ali and Malcolm. Both loved around the world and embraced to this day by Black and Brown people.  Just incredible wisdom.  Black Christian's were brutalized a helluva lot more than Black Muslims and you are supposed to love the Christian's and hate the Muslims.  Think about that.  Tricknology.  The FBI who they now all hate declared the greatest threat to America is the rise of a Black Messiah.  Research it.  

Study the names and look up what fate dealt them. Malcolm was the Ambassidor of Black America.

In the 1950s and '60s, the FBI feared a "Black Messiah," someone capable of inspiring and leading the Black nation, might emerge to challenge the U.S. status quo. They were especially concerned about Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr., Huey Newton, and Fred Hampton. They assassinated Hampton on Dec. 4 1969, and there is substantial evidence of their assassinations of Malcolm and King as well. J.Edgar Hoover, head of the FBI, said their goal was to "Prevent the rise of a 'messiah' who could unify and electrify the militant black nationalist movement. Malcolm X might have been such a 'messiah'... . Martin Luther King, Stokely Carmichael, and [Nation of Islam leader] Elijah Muhammed [sic] all aspire to this position ... . King could be a very real contender for this position should he abandon his supposed 'obedience' to 'white, liberal doctrines' (nonviolence)."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DarterBlue said:

If he responds, and I doubt he will, he will, it will be bulls$*t. Of that I am convinced. NoleBull is well named, I may add!

I’m curious what do you believe his message was?

I believe he wanted you to stand up against oppression of any kind. By any means necessary. Because he didn’t stand in line to not only White America but all America he was hated. Being Black made it easier for them.

Who killed Malcom? 

Malcolm X’s message was counter productive to civil rights. He said white people are inherently evil, and the source for all the pain and agony that black people have. Calling them devils. 

Trying to teach and coach blacks to hate white people at the core. Thinking if they secede from a supposed dominant society that they can create their own tribe and be independent. 

This way of thinking would only cause more hate, division and conflict. We haven’t made strides as a society by thinking this way. That the people we coexist with are evil. That only repeats the cycle. 

There has been tons of racism and injustice throughout history in all parts of the world. I get he wanted blacks to rise up and stop being victims. That makes sense. But to use hatred as your fuel was misguided. 

And my people didn’t kill MLK, JFK, Malcolm X or anyone else of note. 

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I believe he wanted you to stand up against oppression of any kind. By any means necessary. Because he didn’t stand in line to not only White America but all America he was hated. Being Black made it easier for them.

Who killed Malcom? 

The FBI killed him they infiltrated his organization.  His bodyguard was an undercover NY Police office.  France uncovered a plot to kill him on their soil and wouldn't  let him get off the plane.  This has been exposed and the FBI have files with their plans.  They used Black stooges to deflect attention.  NYPD was complicit  in his murder. 

2 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I believe Malcolm was a complex man whose position evolved with the passage of time. Failing to understand his background as Nolebull clearly does, misses the context within which Malcolm came of age. How do you think what happened to his father affected him? Malcolm's embrace of the Nation of Islam in prison reflects the fact that they reached out to him. It makes perfect sense he would have embraced those that reached out to him.

A mark of his honesty and integrity in my opinion is that he was not willing to blindly ignore what his mentor was doing which was clearly wrong. In moving away from Elijah Muhammad he broadened his horizons and embraced true Islam. Now I am not a Muslim myself, but I respect the evolution in his way of thinking including coming to the realization that not all white people were "evil." At the end of the day, I have a profound respect for Malcolm's willingness to stand up for what he believed in. I also respect the fact that he was able to evolve with the passage of time as new "truths" were revealed to him. His courage goes beyond what we usually recognize as such, as too often our heroes are soldiers going off to battle, policemen, firemen, and the like. While I in no way deny the courage it takes to do jobs such as those, they are precisely that, jobs.

Malcolm, on the other hand, embraced a role he could have easily avoided in order to fight for black people in this country, which, in case you have not noticed, has a history of being racist towards its nonwhite citizens. As such, to my way of thinking, he was a true, if flawed, hero. My ultimate respect for the man is reflected in the fact that one of my children bears his name. 

1 minute ago, Nolebull813 said:

Malcolm X’s message was counter productive to civil rights. He said white people are inherently evil, and the source for all the pain and agony that black people have. Calling them devils. 

Trying to teach and coach blacks to hate white people at the core. Thinking if they secede from a supposed dominant society that they can create their own tribe and be independent. 

This was of thinking would only cause more hate, division and conflict. We haven’t made strides as a society by thinking this way. That the people we coexist with are evil. That only repeats the cycle. 

There has been tons of racism and injustice throughout history in all parts of the world. I get he wanted blacks to rise up and stop being victims. That makes sense. But to use hatred as your fuel was misguided. 

And my people didn’t kill MLK, JFK, Malcolm X or anyone else of note. 

• Like 1