Drew Brees in Cancelled

Nolebull813

Damn, not Drew Brees. Pillar in the community. Man of strong faith and principles. What could Brees have done to receive such hate and backlash? Everyone is cancelling him. 

Man, you didnt hear what that cracker ass honky said? Get on twitter now!!! That white bread is done!!

Well what did he say? If there is this much hatred, he must have said something terrible. Can you give me his exact quote so i can make the decision to join the mob? 

He said verbatim, "I will never agree with someone disrespecting the flag of the United States of America"

WHAT!!!!!! Who the fuck does that casper ass ghost looking motherfucker think he is??? We cant disrespect the flag??? Because Drew "white as cocaine" Brees says we cant?? I have half a mind to go slice a piece of bacon off that honky's back. Call customer service because his ass is cancelled. 

#DreeBreesIsOverParty

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Damn, not Drew Brees. Pillar in the community. Man of strong faith and principles. What could Brees have done to receive such hate and backlash? Everyone is cancelling him. 

Man, you didnt hear what that cracker ass honky said? Get on twitter now!!! That white bread is done!!

Well what did he say? If there is this much hatred, he must have said something terrible. Can you give me his exact quote so i can make the decision to join the mob? 

He said verbatim, "I will never agree with someone disrespecting the flag of the United States of America"

WHAT!!!!!! Who the fuck does that casper ass ghost looking motherfucker think he is??? We cant disrespect the flag??? Because Drew "white as cocaine" Brees says we cant?? I have half a mind to go slice a piece of bacon off that honky's back. Call customer service because his ass is cancelled. 

#DreeBreesIsOverParty

You're a twisted fuck....hahaha...your political belief system built on twitter.

bgw

#shoppingtwitter

• Haha 6

53 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Drew Brees response was surprising 

Sometimes you  under how someone so successful and obviously intelligent can be so willfully ignorant 

He's on an apology tour this morning.... fornsome strange reason I have even less respect for that

You dont wise up from that type of stupidity over night 

I didn’t see it SOC, what was the context?

Thanks 

bgw

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Drew Brees response was surprising 

Sometimes you  under how someone so successful and obviously intelligent can be so willfully ignorant 

He's on an apology tour this morning.... fornsome strange reason I have even less respect for that

You dont wise up from that type of stupidity over night 

I saw it, picked the wrong time to open his mouth. Gotta be mindful and respectful. 

Now the media can certainly fuck you over, but still Brees opened his mouth. 

Free speech and all that, still has consequences. In the same vein I don’t like   Kap’s delivery. Not sold on his heart in the matter. 

bgw 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I saw it, picked the wrong time to open his mouth. Gotta be mindful and respectful. 

Free speech and all that, still has consequences. In the same vein I don’t like   Kap’s delivery. Not sold on his heart in the matter. 

bgw 

Bree's gave the wrong answer to the question he was asked.... 

He should've kept his mouth closed 

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yep, certainly did. 

bgw

You can love your country and point out the flaws.... 

The USA isn't perfect... If we paid attention to the issues we're facing right now we wouldn't be in the position we are now... But we didn't... We don't and after this is over... We'll grab the broom and start back sweeping... 

• Thanks 4

31 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw 

I think Kap has been very principled on this matter .

Looking at starting QB salaries around the league, he gave up a lot for his peaceful protest 

As far as Drew.... it doesn't hurt that he opened his mouth (for me at least) ...as a black man, it's hurtful that he harbors the belief in the first place 

Expected much more from that guy 

FB_IMG_1591289919141.jpg

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Drew is not allowed to have an opinion?

And what he said was it really that terrible?

Yes.

Only to people as sensitive as a 4 year old.

The push for the end to killing unarmed citizens, and 100% equal rights for ALL, is fast devolving into a "we really want you to kiss our ass" movement.

There will be an eventual backlash, and we'll be right back where we started.

And so it goes. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

32 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

In 2017, Brees and his Saints teammates knelt before the national anthem before a game against the Miami Dolphins in London in protest at US President Donald Trump's comments on the NFL and its players. The players stood for the national anthem.

When asked for his opinion about players kneeling to protest police brutality once the NFL season begins this fall, Brees had said he would "never agree with anybody disrespecting the flag." 

"And is everything right with our country right now? No, it's not," Brees said in the interview. "We still have a long way to go. But I think what you do by standing there and showing respect to the flag with your hand over your heart, is it shows unity. It shows that we are all in this together, we can all do better, and that we are all part of the solution."

I don't really see anything to apologize for it's his personal opinion on what the flag means to him and his family. Of course the first bolded part will be stripped from the message and used to go after him.. but as others have said probably better to have passed on that question or any interview right now where anything you say can be ripped from context and used against you.. Hell your better off not talking to anyone and keep you opinions to yourself these days.. What's for lunch?

This has been explained and re explained so much that I seriously doubt anyone on that side of this debate truly even cares.

To CONTINUOUSLY conflate Kaep's demonstrations with disrespect for the flag or the military is just self centered and ignorant 

Blacks have certain people in the public that we consider allies... Drew was one of those.

You expect this from the average Trumptard,  but to see him go full trailer on this is just disappointing 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

It is when its taken from context and spread thru social media with an agenda attached..welcome to 2020 where silence is golden

I think its obvious you guys are taking the response out of context, which is to be expected when you took the protest itself out of context 

The audacity...smh

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

28 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

This has been explained and re explained so much that I seriously doubt anyone on that side of this debate truly even cares.

To CONTINUOUSLY conflate Kaep's demonstrations with disrespect for the flag or the military is just self centered and ignorant 

Blacks have certain people in the public that we consider allies... Drew was one of those.

You expect this from the average Trumptard,  but to see him go full trailer on this is just disappointing 

It’s deception, they change the narrative so police brutality and justice system inequalities aren’t addressed, just like they’re doing now. To them Kaps protest was about disrespecting the military, and cops and now it’s about rioting and looting.  

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

You can love your country and point out the flaws.... 

The USA isn't perfect... If we paid attention to the issues we're facing right now we wouldn't be in the position we are now... But we didn't... We don't and after this is over... We'll grab the broom and start back sweeping... 

Hopefully we’ll roll up our sleeves and fix it. That’s what I wanna see, partisan identity politics gotta go. 

bgw

• Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

Except words from his mouth say you’re wrong.

I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," “ About the flag.... 

He also made more money being of the field than he would’ve by continuing to play.  He was benched for Blaine Gabbert well before he started his protest. He wasn’t a starter in the NFL and wouldn’t have been a preferred starter for anyone that wanted to win at the time of protest...

Drew didn’t say a damn thing wrong either if you watch/listen to his entire statement. Typical rag media and social media princesses trying to create firestorm over nothing...

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

If he says nothing, he gets criticized for not speaking up on his platform. 

If he says people should not disrespect the flag then he alienates one half on the issue 

If he says yeah use the one part of the game that unites and inspires patriotism to be disrespectful then that will alienate the other half 

Personally he shoulda have kept his mouth shut. Not because he shouldn’t express his freedom of speech, but his comments would not have made a blip on the radar had he supported the mob.

No one would have cared if he said black lives matter and we need to do better as a society. His virtue signaling woulda been lost with all the other celebrities parroting the same robotic crap. 

But for him to speak up and disagree with the mob, he’s cancelled. Lol. Just shows that there is way too much risk and no reward for speaking out 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

I think Kap has been very principled on this matter .

Looking at starting QB salaries around the league, he gave up a lot for his peaceful protest 

As far as Drew.... it doesn't hurt that he opened his mouth (for me at least) ...as a black man, it's hurtful that he harbors the belief in the first place 

Expected much more from that guy 

FB_IMG_1591289919141.jpg

I appreciate your viewpoint, the chronology of Kaps fall from grace from starting to backup and the coincidental stance troubles me. 
It struck me as “spoiled brat” tantrum response, that may be harsh but it seems that way to me. 
I’m not ready to place Kap with the greats. 

bgw 

• Like 2

Hard for me to respect a man for saying what he believes, then then next day when someone calls him out on it, he goes on an social media apology tour and saying directly the opposite.

Thats a lot of the problem with this society. We cant get past the fact that we are different, and we believe differently about different things. I personally believe thats what makes this a great nation. 

I may not agree with your stance on something, but I'll damn sure respect you more if you stick by it. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4