Florida Governor...

CCBlackhatter

I'm surprised a conservative governor is actually in favor of this

After all the republican party is the same party who has talking clowns on shows saying players need to shut up and dribble so I figured the parties views was players need to just go out there, entertain us, break their necks and get internal bleeding in the brain and not whine about it 

It's interesting development actually

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Is fed up with not contending for football National Championships, so he passes NIL bill to keep players at FL colleges. What's he going to do when every other state does the same and his recruiting ploy becomes irrelevant?

Winning 11 national championships in 37 years will spoil a few. He expects championships from state schools, just like everyone else here. If we could keep guys like Derrick Henry, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Peterson, Bosa brothers, Lavonte David, Amari Cooper, Khalil Mack etc etc in state we would have better chances. 

Just now, Columbiafan said:

I'm surprised a conservative governor is actually in favor of this

After all the republican party is the same party who has talking clowns on shows saying players need to shut up and dribble so I figured the parties views was players need to just go out there, entertain us, break their necks and get internal bleeding in the brain and not whine about it 

It's interesting development actually

You thought one lady saying one thing was the entire definition of a national party? Gotcha 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Winning 11 national championships in 37 years will spoil a few. He expects championships from state schools, just like everyone else here. If we could keep guys like Derrick Henry, Lamar Jackson, Patrick Peterson, Bosa brothers, Lavonte David, Amari Cooper, Khalil Mack etc etc in state we would have better chances. 

Does that 11 include UCF?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Does that 11 include UCF?

Never. In my book, you can’t play a team who placed 5th in the SEC West division for the national championship. And if you can, you can’t barely escape by 7. They didn’t play in a national title game, playoff, or even play a team remotely in the stratosphere of the national title game themself! 

43 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So they can go to the  school in Tampa that calls itself University of South Florida?

I mean south of what, Gainesville?

I think there's bigger issues, passing geography isn't on the list.

bgw

• Haha 3

34 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

So they can go to the  school in Tampa that calls itself University of South Florida?

I mean south of what, Gainesville?

I think there's bigger issues, passing geography isn't on the list.

bgw

At the time of its establishment, it was the Southernmost public University in the state. 

I think you know what comes next ........

asshole 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Florida now has the same problem that Texas has had for the last 30 years.

Too many D1 FBS programs in the State that scatter talent around the State instead of just a few programs.

Too many OOS FBS Universities Football programs feed on Texas talent to upgrade their teams and rosters (OU, LSU to name a couple).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Is fed up with not contending for football National Championships, so he passes NIL bill to keep players at FL colleges. What's he going to do when every other state does the same and his recruiting ploy becomes irrelevant?

Is this going to actually make a difference?    It’s not like college football players were ever not legally allowed to get paid in their likeness.    They just aren’t allowed that AND play NCAA sports.   Same thing with a lot of random banned substances people get from GNC or smoking weed in legal ways.    Might be legal, but doesn’t mean some random organization can’t have their own set of rules.

1 hour ago, Texasfrog said:

Too many D1 FBS programs in the State that scatter talent around the State instead of just a few programs.

Too many OOS FBS Universities Football programs feed on Texas talent to upgrade their teams and rosters (OU, LSU to name a couple).

The issue Florida schools have had is they don’t have the advanced shadow boosters that places like Alabama, UGA, and some others in the south have had.    Shit man when UF started to get good in the early 80s they were QUICKLY put on probation.  Miami has always been under the gun too (even moreso)

Random fact.   Gainesville Fl chief of Police (instated in 2009 hmm)  received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the good ole University of Alabama!  That’s deep state shit right there.   

You think Bama cops suspend their best Dlineman prior to their big SEC championship game?  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/300547-florida-defensive-star-end-arrested-with-dui-could-that-help-the-tide

C44B77C5-D345-4B58-813C-98E2735E7A55.gif

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

At the time of its establishment, it was the Southernmost public University in the state. 

I think you know what comes next ........

asshole 

Well at least I reached the summit. 

You? Not so much. 

One could only hope....

Regards,

Asshole

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, 954gator said:

The issue Florida schools have had is they don’t have the advanced shadow boosters that places like Alabama, UGA, and some others in the south have had.    Shit man when UF started to get good in the early 80s they were QUICKLY put on probation.  Miami has always been under the gun too (even moreso)

Random fact.   Gainesville Fl chief of Police (instated in 2009 hmm)  received his Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees from the good ole University of Alabama!  That’s deep state shit right there.   

You think Bama cops suspend their best Dlineman prior to their big SEC championship game?  

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/300547-florida-defensive-star-end-arrested-with-dui-could-that-help-the-tide

C44B77C5-D345-4B58-813C-98E2735E7A55.gif

That's what happens when the city of Gainesville is too stupid to do research on who they hire for city positions 

10 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Hahahahahahaha.  Yeah that's it.  That's why y'all have 1 in the last, since the day before forever.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Since 1978 Florida has 11 Alabama has 9. 

Two states have almost 50%  from 1978-2019.  By the way Georgia has 2. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

Hahahahahahaha.  Yeah that's it.  That's why y'all have 1 in the last, since the day before forever.  

Oklahoma,  Clemson, LSU and Alabama  (Last years final four teams).

I could of made a Texas team with just the Texas Starters on those 4 teams.

several of them became NFL Draft picks this year

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Oklahoma,  Clemson, LSU and Alabama  (Last years final four teams).

I could of made a Texas team with just the Texas Starters on those 4 teams.

several of them became NFL Draft picks this year

No great players want to stay in state and play at those bad Texas programs. 

16 hours ago, Texasfrog said:

Alabama does it with a roster filled with players from around the country.  

So has many of the Florida teams.

Go look at those Florida teams and see how many FL starters were on those national championship teams, if you took the FL kids off of those teams none of those national championship teams happen 

FL talent is better than anyone