Dream Matchups/Revenge Games

ngdawg

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

SFA at STA

STA at Lowndes

STA would beat Lowndes. Lowndes is good, but not STA-good. The environment down there is very tough, and Northwestern succumbed, but STA would win that. I would like to see a Marietta-Lowndes rematch of the title game, I think Lowndes would win.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ngdawg said:

STA would beat Lowndes. Lowndes is good, but not STA-good. The environment down there is very tough, and Northwestern succumbed, but STA would win that. I would like to see a Marietta-Lowndes rematch of the title game, I think Lowndes would win.

Would love to as well. Think Lowndes upside will be tremendous. New staff can some times take a minute to establish. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Would have to see it. Sta barely beat armwood and they lost to marietta at the beginning of the year. I think all 4 were at or near the same level last year.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Would have to see it. Sta barely beat armwood and they lost to marietta at the beginning of the year. I think all 4 were at or near the same level last year.

When did STA play Armwood? I think you mean Edgewater, because Edgewater played both STA and Marietta. STA seems to be overrated, but I think they could hold up in big game situations, such as against Lowndes. Had Lowndes handily defeated Marietta, I would have said that maybe Lowndes could have won. But now that Marietta figured out the Lowndes offense (compounded with STA's excellent defense), it would be tough for the young Lowndes team to defeat STA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

When did STA play Armwood? I think you mean Edgewater, because Edgewater played both STA and Marietta. STA seems to be overrated, but I think they could hold up in big game situations, such as against Lowndes. Had Lowndes handily defeated Marietta, I would have said that maybe Lowndes could have won. But now that Marietta figured out the Lowndes offense (compounded with STA's excellent defense), it would be tough for the young Lowndes team to defeat STA.

Yeah you are right I got them mixed up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I'd like to see North Gwinnett vs. Dutch Fork and Grayson vs. St. Peter's Prep. Booker T. Washington vs. Hoover would also be a cool game. I'd also want to see Elder vs. Armwood.

That’s fairy tale, Grayson will never schedule another NJ team again, just like the Louisiana coach said BNU? No way those kids are way out of our league 

It's a travesty that we never got to see IMG vs Bishop Gorman in 2016. 

Allen (Kyler Murray) vs Bishop Gorman (Tate Martell) 

Colquitt vs Katy (2015) 

Grayson vs Chandler (2016)......Valdosta took the challenge when Grayson had to pass on the opportunity. Grayson wins that game for sure. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Not North Shore or Duncanville? Those teams would handily beat Hoover, but at least it would be cool to see them play each other.

Back a few years we could have given them a game. Texas teams do not travel.  Has Allen ever been out of state?

Has North Gwinnett played out of state before just asking?

• Like 1

Mater Dei @ Aquinas - Seems like a natural match up for both schools. 

Mater Dei @ St. Louis HI -  island time 

Mater Dei @ Duncanville/NS/SLC - Would like to see the boys play in that environment. 

Home & home with any of these - DeMatha, SJC, GC, DBP, SJR, SJP St. X, St. Ed’s & BC. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Back a few years we could have given them a game. Texas teams do not travel.  Has Allen ever been out of state?

Has North Gwinnett played out of state before just asking?

Not that I remember. And I don't know why they don't. However, our baseball program did a tour of Cali prior to the coronavirus, playing Valley Christian, St. John Bosco, and Mater Dei. But for football, most teams come to our school instead of us going OOS.

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Mater Dei @ Aquinas - Seems like a natural match up for both schools. 

Mater Dei @ St. Louis HI -  island time 

Mater Dei @ Duncanville/NS/SLC - Would like to see the boys play in that environment. 

Home & home with any of these - DeMatha, SJC, GC, DBP, SJR, SJP St. X, St. Ed’s & BC. 

I'd love for North Gwinnett to play Mater Dei just so we can see how badly we lose. But, hey, at least we came to Cali and beat Mater Dei in baseball 5-4.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Not that I remember. And I don't know why they don't. However, our baseball program did a tour of Cali prior to the coronavirus, playing Valley Christian, St. John Bosco, and Mater Dei. But for football, most teams come to our school instead of us going OOS.

Hoover's baseball team played a deal in California got rained out and had to play 3 in 1 day.  Basketball team played in Alaska jet lag was bad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Hoover's baseball team played a deal in California got rained out and had to play 3 in 1 day.  Basketball team played in Alaska jet lag was bad. 

I've heard a lot about Hoover, and I used to think their football program was absolutely insane. And then I realized that you guys are actually human and lose games. How do you think a game between us would go? I'm genuinely curious because it probably won't happen. And 3 games in one day is absolutely insane. Alaska is so far away for a game, but I bet the experience was probably worth it.

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

IMG totally emasculated them the least two seasons. However, Hoover gets many kudos for scheduling the mighty Avengers. 

It's still IMG. I don't expect many teams to beat IMG. Hoover does schedule well, especially playing Lowndes as the first game of the year. If it's played, that game should be really fun.

43 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I've heard a lot about Hoover, and I used to think their football program was absolutely insane. And then I realized that you guys are actually human and lose games. How do you think a game between us would go? I'm genuinely curious because it probably won't happen. And 3 games in one day is absolutely insane. Alaska is so far away for a game, but I bet the experience was probably worth it.

Depends on the year.  If we played the next 10 years probably 5-5.   Thompson has really outcoached us the last few years. They have done a much better job in preparing QBs.   I just hope we can stay healthy this year at qb we started 3 different ones last season due to injury. Lost 2 in the same game vs Thompson broke ankle starter 2 series later 2nd string concussion.  We have been forced to play the IMG and St John's of the world and just been out manned 325lb and 5 stars will beat 225 lbs everytime. Nobody in state will play us. Spanish Fort backed out this year Bob Jones in the past. 

4 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Depends on the year.  If we played the next 10 years probably 5-5.   Thompson has really outcoached us the last few years. They have done a much better job in preparing QBs.   I just hope we can stay healthy this year at qb we started 3 different ones last season due to injury. Lost 2 in the same game vs Thompson broke ankle starter 2 series later 2nd string concussion.  We have been forced to play the IMG and St John's of the world and just been out manned 325lb and 5 stars will beat 225 lbs everytime. Nobody in state will play us. Spanish Fort backed out this year Bob Jones in the past. 

I remember that North Gwinnett beat Bob Jones a while ago, 42-20. The following week, we beat Crenshaw at home in the first ever game between a Georgia and California team. The Thompson game was unfortunate for you guys, having lost both QBs. And sadly, there's no way you'll upset IMG or St. John's while shorthanded.