Patrick Mahomes or Russell Wilson?

ngdawg

Ok I KNOW this forum is only for high school football, but the Off-Topic Forum seems a little too non-football oriented. But, regarding the question. There are three parts to this:

Which quarterback is better right now?

Which quarterback has had the better career?

Which quarterback will have had the better career upon their respective retirements?

I am relatively unbiased on this because I'm a Seahawks fan but I was born in Kansas so I'm mutually a Chiefs fan. This just seems like a good debate topic.

• Like 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Mahomes showing the greater upside.

Wilson HOFer....

Tough choice, really tough.

Both have some really unique physical gifts.

bgw

I took the time to answer these questions in my head many times in the past. At the moment, I believe Mahomes is the better quarterback. However, I believe that Wilson has had the more fruitful career. So when it comes down to who the better quarterback is, I've said Wilson because he consistently produces as a top 5 NFL quarterback yearly. But this is obviously going to vary among people, which is why I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I took the time to answer these questions in my head many times in the past. At the moment, I believe Mahomes is the better quarterback. However, I believe that Wilson has had the more fruitful career. So when it comes down to who the better quarterback is, I've said Wilson because he consistently produces as a top 5 NFL quarterback yearly. But this is obviously going to vary among people, which is why I'm curious to see what everyone thinks.

i can't get off the fence on this one, really good question my mind.

I like Mahomes a lot, really showing out in the league.

Wilson is doing work, though.

If I was forced to pick... I'm going Mahomes.

bgw

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

i can't get off the fence on this one, really good question my mind.

I like Mahomes a lot, really showing out in the league.

Wilson is doing work, though.

If I was forced to pick... I'm going Mahomes.

bgw

Interesting choice. I'm worried about the possibility of a Mahomes injury. That could potentially derail his HOF career. I'm going to modify my last question to "Who would have had the most successful career?" That seems more thought-provoking.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Interesting choice. I'm worried about the possibility of a Mahomes injury. That could potentially derail his HOF career. I'm going to modify my last question to "Who would have had the most successful career?" That seems more thought-provoking.

Injury bug can be a career killer. 

My very first thought with Mahomes. 

bgw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Ok I KNOW this forum is only for high school football, but the Off-Topic Forum seems a little too non-football oriented. But, regarding the question. There are three parts to this:

Which quarterback is better right now?

Which quarterback has had the better career?

Which quarterback will have had the better career upon their respective retirements?

I am relatively unbiased on this because I'm a Seahawks fan but I was born in Kansas so I'm mutually a Chiefs fan. This just seems like a good debate topic.

1. Mahomes

2. Wilson to date

3. It depends on how durable Mahomes proves to be. I am inclined to think he will, but the road is littered with busts in pro-football. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

1. Mahomes

2. Wilson to date

3. It depends on how durable Mahomes proves to be. I am inclined to think he will, but the road is littered with busts in pro-football. 

Durability is the issue. Mahomes has already gotten injured, so durability may be an issue.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Which quarterback is better right now?  Mahomes and it's not really that close.

Which quarterback has had the better career?  Really?  Mahomes Career is just getting started.  In 2013 when wilson won the super bowl he only completed 63.1% of his passes.  His QBR was 66.8  -Compare this to Patrick Mahomes Plus TD's and Int's - You will need to compare Mahomes with the greatest of all time.

Which quarterback will have had the better career upon their respective retirements?  Mahomes and it will not be close

Mahomes due to age. If im not mistaken they had similar careers the first 3 years when it comes to winning. Seattle went to back to back super bowls more on the defense of course but a super bowl none the less. It would be a harder choice if they were the same age.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasball said:

Mahomes - 50 TD passes in his first full season to start had less than 10 Int - that alone puts him in rare company.  Didn’t that set record for TD passes single season?

Nope, that's still held by Manning I believe. But sometimes I feel Wilson is underappreciated, especially when Wilson outdueled Mahomes head to head. No bias here, since I'm a fan of both teams.

3 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Nope, that's still held by Manning I believe. But sometimes I feel Wilson is underappreciated, especially when Wilson outdueled Mahomes head to head. No bias here, since I'm a fan of both teams.

Yep Manning holds that all alone at 55 TD's in 2013. He almost did 50 TD's in a season two times. The other being 49 in 2004.

Russell Wilson could be the most clutch QB in the game today. It's splitting hairs between him and Mahomes. 

• Like 2