Gun Parties Galore or Prepping

On2whls

This Saturday alone I know of three.

The first is a gathering of 30 guys, most connected by family, all having recently bought their pieces within the past year.  They will assemble at an informally accepted (for shooting) area in Riverside and blast away at a sandstone hillside.  When I asked the organizer what the purpose was, he said ”The race war is coming brother and you gotta know how to shoot if you want to be on the winning side”.  

The second is a group of 500-550 men, women, and teenagers that will convene at a large piece of private land in Southern Kern CO for a day of recreational shooting. There will be firearms trainers available to help with gun handling, safety, and marksmanship for those who need it.  These folks will shoot at 16” square molded targets attached to fenceposts placed at varying distances from the shooting area. There will be a marksmanship contest as part of the festivities. A large barbecue outfit similar to what you would see at the fair is being provided and attendees are free to camp overnight and bring dirt toys if they can beat the heat. I asked they guy who invited me the same question.  His response; when they bring the race war, he isn’t confident there will be police around to protect him and his family and he wants his wife and son to be at the ready if the numbers are too great for him to hold them back.

The third is a group of 75 guys, many ex military, or law enforcement that are all part of the same northern San Diego gun club, celebrating the opening of a new private range that apparently has mobile targets.  Most of these guys are hunters, but I don’t think this has anything to do with sharpening skills for deer, quail, dove, boar...

While I fully support gun ownership within certain parameters, I’ve never actually felt like I needed to have one, but I’m starting to wonder if that’s simply a position of naïveté these days.  

Question is, is this what it’s coming to?  Is the race war really upon us?  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Question is, is this what it’s coming to?  Is the race war really upon us?  

If you look at some recent wars or regime changes, you can have tanks and total takeover...

with people sipping their lattes 2 blocks away...🤷‍♂️

My take on this right now is that there is more propaganda trying to stir the pot, than their are people wanting to go fight something.

Your post is interesting, protection is one thing, cops training on ranges is another, and haven't seen too many race war warriors around here ....  

Curious to see where this thread goes...

PS: in Paterson is gunshots all weekend, but in the farmland there's gunshots everyday all week...go figure...

• Like 1

I don't buy into the race war horseshit.

If you want a gun, get one and learn how to use it safely and be able to store it securely.

Much of this might depend on where you live (legality and potential need).

We live in a world where the left wants to severely limit 2A rights.

One of their big excuses was that the police have guns to protect us.

Well, now they want to emasculate if not eviscerate the police.

Makes sense, huh?

The math of their world view gets easy:  You don't guns.  The cops are effectively no more. So guess who has the guns?

Answer? Bad guys... and....

...pols in control will have security with guns and walls. 

See how this works?

Guns for me but not for thee...

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Only idiots would want a race war. Its the government and white peoples fault for not fixing the wrong doings in the history of this country. Like I said on another post the klan never stopped their actions.

I’m not saying I have any statistically significant data to go by, but of the people I’ve heard speak as if an impending race war happened, it would be favorable, and some in a weird longful manner,  tend to be left oriented. A lot of people I know that are right oriented and are concerned with the possibility of a race war, are just making sure they have the means to protect themselves in the event of significant social unrest.  A race war is the last thing they want.

When you say it is “white peoples fault”, you’re making an assumption that all white people think and feel the same way. The “white” race in America is in and of itself, fairly diverse, yet gets lumped into a single group based on the color of their skin. There are millions of white Americans whose grandparents or parents arrived here from Europe by boat, whose ancestors never shot an Indian, participated in slavery, or ritual oppression of blacks, nor would they.  Not to mention, not all white people alive during the time of slavery supported it.  

Isn’t the idea that white people look at all blacks as potential threats, (thieves, rapists, muderers..) one of the great shortcomings of the white race?   I’m afraid this is a perception that is perpetuated far too widely, maybe just like the threat of a race war.

As for the Klan or whatever other white supremacist groups are out there, I’ll let you in on a little secret.  Most white people think of them with equal disdain as do minority groups.  Don’t give them the time of day, nobody will listen, and in time their influence diminishes.  You  could argue that that a lot of the backlash in social media following Trumps election provided fuel for those groups to rationalize their argument that people of color were out to destroy the white race.  It gave them a burst of energy, but do you really think they’ve truly gained in power, or influence over the masses?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Only idiots would want a race war. Its the government and white peoples fault for not fixing the wrong doings in the history of this country. Like I said on another post the klan never stopped their actions.

Stop voting Democrat.

You're welcome.

You imbecile.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Lol it’s the White mans fault your a lazy fuck , who can’t and won’t take Accountability , it’s our fault your talentless , with no education, no urgency to strive for greatness, you rather not pick up a skill to strive in these times, you rather choose the Ohhhh Woe is me approach and beg and cry for handouts from something that happened 150 years ago

• Thanks 1

A late decision by my wife to go to the river (Lake Havasu for the non-CA folk) with our daughters, gave me the opportunity to check out the Kern County event, since I don’t do the river thing. 

I had to scramble to assemble my motorcycle camping gear and took off early Sat morning.

For a gathering totally organized and funded by a single individual, it was impressive.  The land it was held on was largely undeveloped but there was a large area graded for parking.

To protect attendees from the blistering heat, there were two very large shade tents, chairs,  several large EZ ups, a water truck with hoses, an extensive mist system, and there were health care personnel on hand (amongst the attendees) trained in heat exhaustion treatment were it required.  

The food was outstanding, barbecued everything, corn, onions, baked beans, salad, cut fruit..... and just about every type of cold beverage.  

There was even a bank of porta potties on a skid under a tent to keep them somewhat cool.  

Gun safety was the order of the day, and despite the heat, masks were worn most of the time as appropriate.  

There were separate shooting areas for the inexperienced and experienced.  The area for the rookies had a couple of trainers to assist in safety techniques, and effective targeting.

I spent most of the day walking around, checking out the wide variety of guns and talking to the attendees about what they did for work, why they were there...  The make up of the crowd was mostly white collar professionals, concerned that a convergence of issues might give rise to a situation of general community lawlessness.  Each cited their own examples, some a little more extreme than others, but most felt that police protection was not something they could count on and they felt they had to be adequately armed and trained in case they had to defend themselves against an unruly mob.

Most of the weapons were off the shelf, but there was a surprising number of impressive basement built stuff.

The highlight of the day was in the advanced skills shoot off where a 14yr old girl from Temecula, on her last turn picked up a home made bolt action rifle with a unique one of a kind parallax correcting scope, and calmly deposited three slugs in the 10” circular inner ring on a target at 275 feet within a 15 second limit, and she left some time on the table.  

This was no ordinary girl though.  Half an hour after the shooting concluded, she jumped onto a 450cc dirt bike and put on as impressive a dirt stunt skills show as you will ever see, transitioning from power circles, to wheelies, to stoppies with fluid ease, and the whole while emitting red, white, and blue smoke from the tail of the bike.  This brought a raucous roar of approval from the crowd. 

Despite the organizer having an assigned clean up crew, everyone was so grateful, we all pitched in and in just over an hour from the conclusion of the event, the only thing remaining was the posts used to attach targets to.

I was happy to see a decent sized group of folks stay the night arranging their toy haulers in a sort of corral shape, and they allowed me to tag along.  Sat around the fire and drank more cold beer than I have in some time, under a pitch black sky. 

Didnt think much about social injustice, demonstrations, riots, or pandemics.  It all seemed so far away.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, On2whls said:

A late decision by my wife to go to the river (Lake Havasu for the non-CA folk) with our daughters, gave me the opportunity to check out the Kern County event, since I don’t do the river thing. 

I had to scramble to assemble my motorcycle camping gear and took off early Sat morning.

For a gathering totally organized and funded by a single individual, it was impressive.  The land it was held on was largely undeveloped but there was a large area graded for parking.

To protect attendees from the blistering heat, there were two very large shade tents, chairs,  several large EZ ups, a water truck with hoses, an extensive mist system, and there were health care personnel on hand (amongst the attendees) trained in heat exhaustion treatment were it required.  

The food was outstanding, barbecued everything, corn, onions, baked beans, salad, cut fruit..... and just about every type of cold beverage.  

There was even a bank of porta potties on a skid under a tent to keep them somewhat cool.  

Gun safety was the order of the day, and despite the heat, masks were worn most of the time as appropriate.  

There were separate shooting areas for the inexperienced and experienced.  The area for the rookies had a couple of trainers to assist in safety techniques, and effective targeting.

I spent most of the day walking around, checking out the wide variety of guns and talking to the attendees about what they did for work, why they were there...  The make up of the crowd was mostly white collar professionals, concerned that a convergence of issues might give rise to a situation of general community lawlessness.  Each cited their own examples, some a little more extreme than others, but most felt that police protection was not something they could count on and they felt they had to be adequately armed and trained in case they had to defend themselves against an unruly mob.

Most of the weapons were off the shelf, but there was a surprising number of impressive basement built stuff.

The highlight of the day was in the advanced skills shoot off where a 14yr old girl from Temecula, on her last turn picked up a home made bolt action rifle with a unique one of a kind parallax correcting scope, and calmly deposited three slugs in the 10” circular inner ring on a target at 275 feet within a 15 second limit, and she left some time on the table.  

This was no ordinary girl though.  Half an hour after the shooting concluded, she jumped onto a 450cc dirt bike and put on as impressive a dirt stunt skills show as you will ever see, transitioning from power circles, to wheelies, to stoppies with fluid ease, and the whole while emitting red, white, and blue smoke from the tail of the bike.  This brought a raucous roar of approval from the crowd. 

Despite the organizer having an assigned clean up crew, everyone was so grateful, we all pitched in and in just over an hour from the conclusion of the event, the only thing remaining was the posts used to attach targets to.

I was happy to see a decent sized group of folks stay the night arranging their toy haulers in a sort of corral shape, and they allowed me to tag along.  Sat around the fire and drank more cold beer than I have in some time, under a pitch black sky. 

Didnt think much about social injustice, demonstrations, riots, or pandemics.  It all seemed so far away.

What was the makeup of the white collar attendees at the gun party? What percentage was white? Far East Asian? Latino? Black? Middle Eastern?

Good mix of people who are interested in guns and camping?

12 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

What was the makeup of the white collar attendees at the gun party? What percentage was white? Far East Asian? Latino? Black? Middle Eastern?

Good mix of people who are interested in guns and camping?

By gut feel, seemed like 70% White, 15% Hispanic, and the remainder split evenly, Asian and Black.  The few who stayed to camp were all White, and they all did a little messing around in the dirt the next morning. It got even hotter on Sunday and that’s no fun so everyone cut out early.  I was on a large adventure bike, heavily laden with travel gear, and fooling around in the dirt can be a chore even when it’s not sweltering.   A bit of a hangover didn’t help LOL.  Curiously, didn’t see as many tattoos as you might expect in the general population????  

1 hour ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Simply stated...when you outlaw guns...only the outlaws have guns.

Now add defunding police...get my point?

Yes I get it.  Not for a second was I uncomfortable being around so many guns, given the circumstances.  

The guy who gets a gun thinking it makes him a badass is far more likely to discharge his weapon inappropriately.

• Like 1