If you had to bet on 1 all time body builder/ weight lifter in their prime

Ga96

31 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

Hey GA guys - was Ron Simmons out of warner robins more of a bodybuilder or power-lifter in his early days???  I know what he looked like in his older days but how about in his early 20's.

Never kept up with him like that. Wonder if you remember this guy. He was near my area everyone use to go watch him lift tractors.

8 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Never kept up with him like that. Wonder if you remember this guy. He was near my area everyone use to go watch him lift tractors.

Cleve was an old friend. Grew up around him.  Went to school with his daughter and watched his granddaughters come up as well. 

He was never well off and was so big that he had to take the seat out of his ford pinto so he could drive around in it. I think he may have sat on a block in there. Remember him bringing Lee Ann to the football games in that car when we were in our early teens.. He and his brother owned a mobile home moving company and sales lot later in life in Pavo. 

• Like 2

I don't think Cleve fits in the greatest body builder or power lifter of all time though. Big man with a big heart he was. 

He was definitely strong. Seen him lift the rear end of a tractor once, and there was many many stories about his feats of strength that I can't confirm. This guy in this video tells something about the stories surrounding Cleve. A good many seem like folklore like stories about Paul Bunyun or Pecos Bill, but, knowing Cleve, they could have been true. 

Cleve is number 2 on this guy's list. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I don't think Cleve fits in the greatest body builder or power lifter of all time though. Big man with a big heart he was. 

He was definitely strong. Seen him lift the rear end of a tractor once, and there was many many stories about his feats of strength that I can't confirm. This guy in this video tells something about the stories surrounding Cleve. A good many seem like folklore like stories about Paul Bunyun or Pecos Bill, but, knowing Cleve, they could have been true. 

Haha Monster Michael Todd... great arm wrestler. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

True I wanted to give him some love though. He had to be one of the most well known people in the area during that time.

• Like 1