What Could Go Wrong?

concha

So it looks like Seattle is going to vote on eliminating the police department and replacing it with:

–”Culturally-relevant expertise rooted in community connections”  [I thought using minority cops in minority areas was supposed to do this?]
–”Housing, food security, and other basic needs”  [Uber-liberal Seattle wasn't already doing this? WTF?]
–”Trauma-informed, gender-affirming, anti-racist praxis” [See above]

Look for real estate values in the Seattle city limits to decrease sharply and vacancies to sharply rise.

12 minutes ago, concha said:

So it looks like Seattle is going to vote on eliminating the police department and replacing it with:

–”Culturally-relevant expertise rooted in community connections”  [I thought using minority cops in minority areas was supposed to do this?]
–”Housing, food security, and other basic needs”  [Uber-liberal Seattle wasn't already doing this? WTF?]
–”Trauma-informed, gender-affirming, anti-racist praxis” [See above]

Look for real estate values in the Seattle city limits to decrease sharply and vacancies to sharply rise.

So you're saying....FINALLY, affordable housing !!!!!

Have you spent much time in Seattle?

Rufus>>

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

So you're saying....FINALLY, affordable housing !!!!!

Have you spent much time in Seattle?

Rufus>>

A bit (several weeks in total) years ago.

It had (and I imagine still has) a high bum population and lots of alleys that wreak of piss as you go by.

Very pretty place generally speaking.

Let me know if you can find a deal over the next few months.

26 minutes ago, concha said:

No links of course. That would expose your unhinged lunacy.

The proposal states that the council plans to "remove certain functions from the Seattle Police Department to and provide funding for a community-led process to inform the structure and function of a new department of community safety & violence prevention; requesting modifications to policing practices..."

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Troll said:

go ahead and take the the rich's housing...

but are you planning on paying the property tax too?

🤔

Have you thought this thru?  If property values decline to where the poor can afford them...the property taxes will be peanuts.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, The Guru said:

No links of course. That would expose your unhinged lunacy.

The proposal states that the council plans to "remove certain functions from the Seattle Police Department to and provide funding for a community-led process to inform the structure and function of a new department of community safety & violence prevention; requesting modifications to policing practices..."

Yeah,  because I never provide links. LMAO

And I love your continued drama queen performances... "Unhinged lunacy"?  Do you know how clownish that sounds? 🤡

And interestingly, YOU didn't provide a link either.

Here's a list of things that will be proposed (no doubt more of my "UNHINGED LUNACY"  LMAO... Clown...

image.thumb.png.1769d281262a3c04682d801abf8fd96f.png

Reduces staffing and no money for new police or retention of existing officers, no new equipment, no training (including community outreach and bias training... huh?), no SWAT, no provision to help police with defense against misconduct,  ...

21 minutes ago, concha said:

Here's a list of things that will be proposed (no doubt more of my "UNHINGED LUNACY"  LMAO...

If you act like an unhinged lunatic then you'll be called one.

Even your own document says "cuts", "reorganization", "reallocation", etc.

You can't even escape lying with your own documents.

It's as clear as nolebulls' stupidity that they aren't eliminating the Seattle PD.

If you think that they are then you can take my bet.

But you won't.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I AM IRONMAN said:

Nice knowing you Seattle.  It will end up being a perfect example of what eliminating police will do to a city.

See ya.

To the GOOD people of Seattle...Get out ASAP!

Look forward to those funerals. Get ur mortician license. Business gonna be booming 

29 minutes ago, Troll said:

yes ...think that one thru....👍

peanuts won't even pay the garbageman....

giphy.gif

Hoss...peanuts are selling for almost 21 cent per pound.  Peanut farmers are buying new trucks.  Of course part of their austerity comes from government subsidies....but let's not discuss welfare.

Drink American margaritas !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss...peanuts are selling for almost 21 cent per pound.  Peanut farmers are buying new trucks.  Of course part of their austerity comes from government subsidies....but let's not discuss welfare.

Drink American margaritas !!!!

Rufus>>

Farmers in Ga. go welfare rich...

Seattle goes dirt poor...

and the garbage men STILL

don't take peanuts for a paycheck 

giphy.gif

PS: Plus I heard they got free 🥜 peanuts 🥜 at the party....👍 

2 hours ago, concha said:

The vote is not to eliminate the department, it is to reduce funding and spend that money elsewhere.  And just because it is on the ballot does not mean it will necessarily pass.

And I'd still choose to live in the Seattle area than I would in other certain cities around the nation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, concha said:

I should also say that I am not planning on voting for it as I do not think their solutions are necessarily viable, but in the same light, many police departments do have the funding to pay for some nice "toys" are a not necessarily needed on a regular basis. Its not just the police departments with this luxury though.  And rumor has it, our very own commie, Ksama Sawant, bought her million dollar Leschi home AFTER she was elected to Seattle City Council.  Hmm....

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

Did I say that?

Unhinged as I said.

Not providing any links or docs make it easier for you to lie. Which is what you prefer to do.

Dishonest and a drama queen.

Quite the combination. No wonder your folks moves away. Did they give you any warning?

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

I provided the actual resolution.

😄

No, Drama Queen.

You provided a partial page.

I provided the blue print that provides for budget and personnel cuts, no money for training, recruiting nor retention of new officers, no new equipment etc.

Tell us, Andy, when you eliminate money meant to retain, recruit and train personnel, and for new equipment for a police force... what eventually happens to said force?

Focus, Andy. Even you can get there.