Voting by Mail Fails Badly in Nevada

Slotback Right

A Nevada county mailed out 1.3 million ballots for its primary election but 1 in 5 were never delivered.

That's 223,000 ballots were never delivered. Nearly a quarter of a million ballots never delivered. In one county!

Yeah, mail in voting nationwide, with less than 3 months to get it going...what could go wrong?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-nevada-county-mailed-out-13-million-ballots-for-its-primary-election-but-1-in-5-were-never-delivered/ar-BB1806e6?li=BBnb7Kz

On 8/16/2020 at 2:15 AM, Slotback Right said:

A Nevada county mailed out 1.3 million ballots for its primary election but 1 in 5 were never delivered.

That's 223,000 ballots were never delivered. Nearly a quarter of a million ballots never delivered. In one county!

Yeah, mail in voting nationwide, with less than 3 months to get it going...what could go wrong?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/a-nevada-county-mailed-out-13-million-ballots-for-its-primary-election-but-1-in-5-were-never-delivered/ar-BB1806e6?li=BBnb7Kz

That's because Nevada did not keep voter information up to date.  They sent ballots to people who have died, moved or whatever.  And they were undeliverable, which means they tried to deliver but the person died, moved, etc.

So not exactly a USPS failure as it is voter registration information.  To that point, it would be difficult to do for many states with the limited time there is before the election.  

Any failure would be due to logistics and not having a system in place than it would be because of any fraud or failure by the USPS.   

IMHO

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, World Citizen said:

That's because Nevada did not keep voter information up to date.  They sent ballots to people who have died, moved or whatever.  And they were undeliverable, which means they tried to deliver but the person died, moved, etc.

So not exactly a USPS failure as it is voter registration information.  To that point, it would be difficult to do for many states with the limited time there is before the election.  

Any failure would be due to logistics and not having a system in place than it would be because of any fraud or failure by the USPS.   

IMHO

Thanks for making our case for us. That's exactly why sending mail in ballots to everybody, even inactive voters, means, as you said, sending " ballots to people who have died, moved or whatever.  And they were undeliverable, which means they tried to deliver but the person died, moved, etc." 

So what stops people from sending those ballots in? Live people voting on dead people's ballots, new tenants voting on old tenants's ballots.

Some people are honest enough not to do that, and some aren't. I'm still trying to stop ballots coming for my son who moved away in 2013, while I only recently finally got them to stop sending ballots for my daughter who moved away in 2014. What's up with that?

That's not to say that there aren't problems that are the fault of the USPS:

Search Results

Web results

May 27, 2020 - Absentee ballot applications were mailed to all registered voters in West Virginia last month in a bid to encourage mail voting in November's ...

Apr 8, 2020 - Three more crates were found Wednesday by a postal worker, filled with ballots for Appleton and Oshkosh voters, according to State Senator ...

Jun 26, 2020 - Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls said an unidentified postal worker threw away a bundle of his campaign mailers fliers Friday.
Jul 10, 2020 - A West Virginia postal carrier pled guilty to mail and election fraud after admitting he changed the political affiliation on multiple voter ballots ...

May 26, 2020 - Federal prosecutors on Tuesday lodged mail-fraud charges against a postal worker they say altered absentee ballot requests in last month's ...
Aug 6, 2020 - "Due to the severity of this situation, and the number of Milwaukee voters that have been prevented from voting while waiting for their ballots, I am ...
Oct 20, 2016 - A letter carrier could be in serious trouble after allegedly dumping ballot guides in a recycling bin in Berkeley.
Oct 17, 2016 - A Twitter user claimed to be a postal worker who regularly destroys mailed-in Trump votes in Ohio, but the issue appeared to be a joke taken ...

Apr 9, 2020 - Wisconsin voters requested a record 1.28 million absentee ballots, ... a postal worker to the Wisconsin Elections Commission reporting that "3 ...
Aug 7, 2020 - A customer prepares to drop a letter in a U.S. Postal Service mailbox in ...

And that's just page one of the search!

50 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

Thanks for making our case for us. That's exactly why sending mail in ballots to everybody, even inactive voters, means, as you said, sending " ballots to people who have died, moved or whatever.  And they were undeliverable, which means they tried to deliver but the person died, moved, etc." 

So what stops people from sending those ballots in? Live people voting on dead people's ballots, new tenants voting on old tenants's ballots.

Some people are honest enough not to do that, and some aren't. I'm still trying to stop ballots coming for my son who moved away in 2013, while I only recently finally got them to stop sending ballots for my daughter who moved away in 2014. What's up with that?

That's not to say that there aren't problems that are the fault of the USPS:

Search Results

Web results

May 27, 2020 - Absentee ballot applications were mailed to all registered voters in West Virginia last month in a bid to encourage mail voting in November's ...

Apr 8, 2020 - Three more crates were found Wednesday by a postal worker, filled with ballots for Appleton and Oshkosh voters, according to State Senator ...

Jun 26, 2020 - Fort Bend County Sheriff Troy Nehls said an unidentified postal worker threw away a bundle of his campaign mailers fliers Friday.
Jul 10, 2020 - A West Virginia postal carrier pled guilty to mail and election fraud after admitting he changed the political affiliation on multiple voter ballots ...

May 26, 2020 - Federal prosecutors on Tuesday lodged mail-fraud charges against a postal worker they say altered absentee ballot requests in last month's ...
Aug 6, 2020 - "Due to the severity of this situation, and the number of Milwaukee voters that have been prevented from voting while waiting for their ballots, I am ...
Oct 20, 2016 - A letter carrier could be in serious trouble after allegedly dumping ballot guides in a recycling bin in Berkeley.
Oct 17, 2016 - A Twitter user claimed to be a postal worker who regularly destroys mailed-in Trump votes in Ohio, but the issue appeared to be a joke taken ...

Apr 9, 2020 - Wisconsin voters requested a record 1.28 million absentee ballots, ... a postal worker to the Wisconsin Elections Commission reporting that "3 ...
Aug 7, 2020 - A customer prepares to drop a letter in a U.S. Postal Service mailbox in ...

And that's just page one of the search!

After I read the first link, that was about throwing away fliers and had nothing to do with mail-in-ballots, I decided I will check them out later.  I hope the other links are not bullshit and have at least something to do with mail-in-ballots. 

It is hard to commit fraud with mail-in-ballots.  Most definitely not to the extent that Trump says it does.  Not even remotely close.  I think around 0.0004% out of a billion ballots have been actual voting fraud, according to an article posted here recently.  

Question- If every American voted, do you think the Republicans would do well?  Or would Democrats do better?  Trump thinks Democrats would do better and it's not because of cheating.  Do you think there has been a suppression of the vote?  In any election?  In fact, the # of people who have been disenfranchised is much much greater than the extremely small % of voter fraud.  Easier to get away with as well as whole state legislative bodies are complicit, while fraud runs the serious risk of going to jail and is usually committed by a single person.  Even if a person is willing to risk it the chance of getting caught is very high.  

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I fail to see why Devo's of all people got out in charge of education... 

I don't understand why a billionaire even wants a job.  Just be happy with your unearned money and disappear.  I guess just to throw more money in her bank account that she will never live long enough to spend anyway.  Bad people brother.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blueliner said:

True. Trump is going to win in such a landslide that this is truly is a non-issue. But that being said...put on your skirt, put you fucking mask on, social distance, and go fucking vote you pansies. Good fucking grief. 🙄

Damn, Blue why so mad? I’ll put on a skirt and still whip your puny ice skating ass. 
Know who you’re  fucking with little dude. 

bgw

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Damn, Blue why so mad? I’ll put on a skirt and still whip your puny ice skating ass. 
Know who you’re  fucking with little dude. 

bgw

Bro. I’m “mad” because you and your pussy ass ilk are destroying America and are currently fucking up my retirement. 

Dude. I don’t even know you and YOU NOT SCARE ME AT FUCKiNG ALL. Get your fucking skirt on (as usual) and come get some, stretch. Lol...don’t let me being “retired” think that I still not prepared to bring it. In fact, I’m nice and “seasoned”.  I may not be 6-11...but I ain’t puny by any means, my friend. Keep that in mind as you boast about your size. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Bro. I’m “mad” because you and your pussy ass ilk are destroying America and are currently fucking up my retirement. 

Dude. I don’t even know you and YOU NOT SCARE ME AT FUCKiNG ALL. Get your fucking skirt on (as usual) and come get some, stretch. Lol...don’t let me being “retired” think that I still not prepared to bring it. In fact, I’m nice and “seasoned”.  I may not be 6-11...but I ain’t puny by any means, my friend. Keep that in mind as you boast about your size. 

Listen Puny, you are LOUD and scared. It’s the LOUDEST who are the MOST sensitive and easily frightened. 

So, chill before I put on my skirt and embarrass you in front of your new white red neighbors. 

Haha. 

bgw

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Question- If every American voted, do you think the Republicans would do well?  Or would Democrats do better?

I don't know, but if there is no cheating, I'm satisfied.

Trump thinks Democrats would do better and it's not because of cheating.

No he thinks it is because of cheating.

Do you think there has been a suppression of the vote?  In any election?

Ever? Of course.

In fact, the # of people who have been disenfranchised is much much greater than the extremely small % of voter fraud.

If you are talking about the old days...the days of poll taxes and literacy tests, then of course. If you are talking much more recently, then no, and I disagree that fraud is an "extremely small %".

14 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Listen Puny, you are LOUD and scared. It’s the LOUDEST who are the MOST sensitive and easily frightened. 

So, chill before I put on my skirt and embarrass you in front of your new white red neighbors. 

Haha. 

bgw

Then you are scared as fuck, toughguy...and you should be. But you're right...anyone that knows me (and there are several here), knows that I'm laid back and don't typically "boast". But for your pussboy, I'll undoubtedly make a special exception. You keep TALKING tough. But any time you wanna put your skirt on (routine for you) and back up your keyboard toughguy bullshit...I ain't hard to find, stretch. And the only thing that you would be embarrassing is Jack shit....and Jack left done left the party, pussyboy. GTFOH clown. 

13 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Question- If every American voted, do you think the Republicans would do well?  Or would Democrats do better?

I don't know, but if there is no cheating, I'm satisfied.  

Trump thinks Democrats would do better and it's not because of cheating.

No he thinks it is because of cheating.
Trump definitely thinks Democrats would do better.  Why else would he try to keep people from voting.  He wouldn't if he thought Republicans would do better.

Do you think there has been a suppression of the vote?  In any election?

Ever? Of course.

In fact, the # of people who have been disenfranchised is much much greater than the extremely small % of voter fraud.

If you are talking about the old days...the days of poll taxes and literacy tests, then of course. If you are talking much more recently, then no, and I disagree that fraud is an "extremely small %".

Trump said it was because of cheating but he has access to information like we do and there is nothing to support his claim.  Nothing.  A few examples out of billions of votes comes to 0.0000044%
https://www.nytimes.com/article/mail-in-vote-fraud-ballot.html
https://www.pbs.org/weta/washingtonweek/blog-post/numbers-voter-fraud

The examples you gave in a previous post were much of the same stories.  One was an apparent joke on Twitter with no evidence of it happening.  Three of the links were to same story.  One link was of changing 8 preferences to Republican from Democrat.  One, which I mentioned earlier was about throwing away fliers.  

I imagine a second page of links would be much of the same stories.  Try google to search for voter suppression, in particular GA.  Ever since the Supreme Court reversed voting protections many southern states have been legislating voter suppression every chance they get.  FL people voted to restore voting rights to those who get out of prison but that didn't happen because Republican leaders didn't want them too I guess.  ND Indians (who don't have house #'s and therefore were taken off voting rolls.  They never had house #'s and it was just another way to suppress the vote.  

https://time.com/5852837/voter-suppression-obstacles-just-america/

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/23/659784277/republican-voter-suppression-efforts-are-targeting-minorities-journalist-says

The # of people taken off voter rolls and other means of disenfranchisement are far greater that the tiny fraction of fraud that has been found.  

3 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Then you are scared as fuck, toughguy...and you should be. But you're right...anyone that knows me (and there are several here), knows that I'm laid back and don't typically "boast". But for your pussboy, I'll undoubtedly make a special exception. You keep TALKING tough. But any time you wanna put your skirt on (routine for you) and back up your keyboard toughguy bullshit...I ain't hard to find, stretch. And the only thing that you would be embarrassing is Jack shit....and Jack left done left the party, pussyboy. GTFOH clown. 

Damn Blue,that's some real attention seeking behavior you got going on.

Serious question, did you wear a tutu thingy for your skating competitions?

Seeking validation from the far right alt klan clowns is not something I would brag about, but you do you Uncle Tommy.

bgw