We need a 3rd forum for a few special fans

HooverOutlaw

Only post that are soft, sensitive, positive, pleasing, uplifting, inspiring, warm, provide hope, and touching will be allowed.

This will be for the thin skinned and shield you from all smack and trash talk.   

This will be for the snowflake type fans who think everyone gets a trophy and you can claim a state even if you don't win a game. 2041956406_Screenshot_20200917-210442_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.88511b6c17069ce706e213e9991e28d3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

Only post that are soft, sensitive, positive, pleasing, uplifting, inspiring, warm, provide hope, and touching will be allowed.

This will be for the snowflake type fans who think everyone gets a trophy and you can claim a state even if you don't win a game. 2041956406_Screenshot_20200917-210442_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.88511b6c17069ce706e213e9991e28d3.jpg

We could call it the JV page. Then we could change the name of the OT section to the Pee Wee league page. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's reserved for Valdosta fans. 

Is Colquitt going to allow a packed house or any limits? Talk about a big regular season game. Is it Valdosta vs Colquitt or Rush vs the 3 amigos?

At least after the game Rush will not have far to drive LOL.  I have a crazy feeling something wild will happen at that game.  I can't think of a higher emotional game than that one. Except maybe when Saban Coaching Alabama's first trip to LSU.   Not enough time has passed in this game.  Could this be a make or break game for the Colquitt Coach?

20 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Something like Fred’s Safe space section 

11 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Is Colquitt going to allow a packed house or any limits? Talk about a big regular season game. Is it Valdosta vs Colquitt or Rush vs the 3 amigos?

At least after the game Rush will not have far to drive LOL.  I have a crazy feeling something wild will happen at that game.  I can't think of a higher emotional game than that one. Except maybe when Saban Coaching Alabama's first trip to LSU.   Not enough time has passed in this game.  Could this be a make or break game for the Colquitt Coach?

I dont think so about the packed house although they'd love to sell out.

I think Rush and family rented a home in Valdosta, although, they have kept their home on the river in Moultrie. 

I think it will mostly be just a football game. There are of course a lot of wild side stories for the fans about the past, and the crazy and bogus transfer stuff at Valdosta. It will be important for both coaches for obvious reasons, but, I don't see it as a make or break for Justin. There are some people that probably won't ever be satisfied with what coach is doing, and they'll have a little more fat to chew on if Colquitt loses, but, that's about it on that in my opinion. Those of us that support him and the kids will double down and keep grinding. #All1n

10 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think Rush and family rented a home in Valdosta, although, they have kept their home on the river in Moultrie. 

I think it will mostly be just a football game. There are of course a lot of wild side stories for the fans about the past, and the crazy and bogus transfer stuff at Valdosta. It will be important for both coaches for obvious reasons, but, I don't see it as a make or break for Justin. There are some people that probably won't ever be satisfied with what coach is doing, and they'll have a little more fat to chew on if Colquitt loses, but, that's about it on that in my opinion. Those of us that support him and the kids will double down and keep grinding. #All1n

I know of 1 Alabama fan that does not like Saban.  It takes all types.

Rogers at some point will need to win a state title at Colquitt. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's probably more...make or break...for Rush than it is Justin.

But we play Banneker tomorrow night...not Valdosta.

You never look past................

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, HooverOutlaw said:

I know of 1 Alabama that does not like Saban.  It takes all types.

Rogers at some point will need to win a state title at Colquitt. 

I agree on the latter. That'd be a great high water mark to reach. Definitely easier said than done though. We went a long time between state chips before going back to back, so, I'm not sure how very important it is for Justin to nab one this year or next, but, the fan base is certainly spoiled and grumbling will happen until he does. 

I agree on the latter. That'd be a great high water mark to reach. Definitely easier said than done though. We went a long time between state chips before going back to back, so, I'm not sure how very important it is for Justin to nab one this year or next, but, the fan base is certainly spoiled and grumbling will happen until he does. 

Niblett won in his 2nd year took the pressure off.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We will see. I think Colquitt has more pressure to win.  

Should not Colquitt beat whoever Banneker is by 40.  

We'll be ecstatic to field a team in an actual game where we hit players that wear a different color than us. 

I'd hope we win by at least 2 scores. Idk what to expect. Coach Rogers has seemed to keep it pretty conservative until necessary. With the Valdosta game coming the following week, idk if I expect a big opening up or not. 

We'll be ecstatic to field a team in an actual game where we hit players that wear a different color than us. 

I'd hope we win by at least 2 scores. Idk what to expect. Coach Rogers has seemed to keep it pretty conservative until necessary. With the Valdosta game coming the following week, idk if I expect a big opening up or not. 

I'll be shocked if he opens it up.  I would like to play a lot of kids...and get a solid win.  And...keep everybody HEALTHY for the Region games to come.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Niblett won in his 2nd year took the pressure off.  

My perception is that there is Hoover and *maybe* 1 or 2 other teams at that level.  In no way am I trying to run him down but in that field shouldn't it be a little easier to accomplish in 2 years?  Justin is in a different level of competition or it seems that way given how little I know about Alabama high school football.

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Oh, I guarantee we want to win it. I feel sure Coach Rogers does. He's a pretty driven guy. It's pretty difficult to win one in the big class here though. I wish he could for that very reason. Just shut up the naysayers and all. 

Winning 7A or 6A when it was the top class in Georgia from the south is tough.  

• Like 1

Just now, Fred said:

My perception is that there is Hoover and *maybe* 1 or 2 other teams at that level.  In no way am I trying to run him down but in that field shouldn't it be a little easier to accomplish in 2 years?  Justin is in a different level of competition or it seems that way given how little I know about Alabama high school football.

In 2009 Hoover returned a bunch of starters it made a difference.  To be honest it's about twice as tough to win the top class in Georgia.  

If you took on average the top 100 teams nationally since 2000 Alabama would have 2-4 Georgia imo would have 7-8.  

One year in Georgia all 4 semi finals teams were 13-0 and nationally ranked.  Right now you got Thompson,Hoover and Cental as good to great programs. I don't put Hewitt in that same class because it's been 20 years since winning 2 playoff games in the same year.  Hewitt needs to win state to be listed.  They may beat Thompson tomorrow who knows.   

Prattville used to be a great program.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In 2009 Hoover returned a bunch of starters it made a difference.  To be honest it's about twice as tough to win the top class in Georgia.  

If you took on average the top 100 teams nationally since 2000 Alabama would have 2-4 Georgia imo would have 7-8.  

One year in Georgia all 4 semi finals teams were 13-0 and nationally ranked.  Right now you got Thompson,Hoover and Cental as good to great programs. I don't put Hewitt in that same class because it's been 20 years since winning 2 playoff games in the same year.  Hewitt needs to win state to be listed.  They may beat Thompson tomorrow who knows.   

Prattville used to be a great program.

Was Vigor actually any good? I remember them being nationally ranked in the late 80s. Then seemed like Blount was the team I heard a lot about from Alabama in the 90’s. Then some team named Hoover in the 00’s. 

2 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Was Vigor actually any good? I remember them being nationally ranked in the late 80s. Then seemed like Blount was the team I heard a lot about from Alabama in the 90’s. Then some team named Hoover in the 00’s. 

Vigor was great in 87 and 88. In 88 they beat us 41-7 in the finals.  They finished #2 in usa today poll. Blount was good late 90's in 5A. 

Since 2000 top class in Alabama 

Hoover 11 titles have played in 16 of the 20 finals

Prattville 4 titles

Daphne 2 titles

McGill 1 title

Central 1 title

Thompson 1 title 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Vigor was great in 87 and 88. In 88 they beat us 41-7 in the finals.  They finished #2 in usa today poll. Blount was good late 90's in 5A. 

Since 2000 top class in Alabama 

Hoover 11 titles have played in 16 of the 20 finals

Prattville 4 titles

Daphne 2 titles

McGill 1 title

Central 1 title

Thompson 1 title 

What happened to them since? Coaching changes. New schools opening, demographic shift?  You don’t hear about then anymore at the national level.