What's going on at UGA?

RedZone

“The reason I chose to transfer is because my 1 1/2 years at UGA took a devastating mental toll on me,” Reese wrote in a statement released on Twitter. “From my first moments I stepped on campus, it was not what I expected , The Racist events that I kept experiencing weighed on me heavily and seemed never ending.”

https://www.dawgnation.com/football/otis-reese-kirby-smart-georgia-ole-miss

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

“The reason I chose to transfer is because my 1 1/2 years at UGA took a devastating mental toll on me,” Reese wrote in a statement released on Twitter. “From my first moments I stepped on campus, it was not what I expected , The Racist events that I kept experiencing weighed on me heavily and seemed never ending.”

He's not trying to get immediate eligibility for playing time at Ole Miss....is he?

LOL....

Hey...it worked for Fields.....

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedZone said:

Racism at jawja?!? Bite your tongue!

Next you’ll tell me they have white frat boys going after black coeds for reposting Covid violations and calling her racist names.

oh, wait.......

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Go check out the puppy forum, see iff'n they can convince you. 

Better still look at his former teammates supporting him and not the school. 

But I’m sure there’s nothing to see there either.

He might be more convincing if he wasn't trying to get immediate playing time at Ole Miss.

Rufus>>

37 minutes ago, RedZone said:

For Someone who is A BonaFide Racist on here , you sure do a lot of complaining about other Racists!!

whats up with that 

I saw some retweets earlier today of the letter that Otis posted.

I wouldn't be surprised. When one kid like Fields says it with so much to gain  by leaving, then I question the assertion. Now we're seeing it from a second kid, that obviously doesn't exactly have as much to gain (Ole Miss) then I have to start wondering. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I saw some retweets earlier today of the letter that Otis posted.

I wouldn't be surprised. When one kid like Fields says it with so much to gain  by leaving, then I question the assertion. Now we're seeing it from a second kid, that obviously doesn't exactly have as much to gain (Ole Miss) then I have to start wondering. 

Immediate eligibility.

That's what this is about....

Rufus>>

8 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Immediate eligibility.

That's what this is about....

Rufus>>

I agree. I also read the letter that Otis posted that said the coach promised him to not fight a transfer if he stuck out the season last year. Idk if that's true or not, but, it could be. 

None of that part matters a lot if there is a bad culture festering at the campus that is continuing. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I agree. I also read the letter that Otis posted that said the coach promised him to not fight a transfer if he stuck out the season last year. Idk if that's true or not, but, it could be. 

None of that part matters a lot if there is a bad culture festering at the campus that is continuing. 

Only culture I've heard of so far is a party culture.

• Haha 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

Only culture I've heard of so far is a party culture.

People aren't going to talk about the other. We don't talk about the culture of the OT section here do we? 

Same difference. You just kind of know it's there, and try to avoid it or not. So what happens when it's at your school where you are obligated due to commitment and NCAA eligibility rules? Then what happens if the coach tries to fight your eligibility to leave if you decide that culture isn't something you want or should have to deal with? 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

People aren't going to talk about the other. We don't talk about the culture of the OT section here do we? 

Same difference. You just kind of know it's there, and try to avoid it or not. So what happens when it's at your school where you are obligated due to commitment and NCAA eligibility rules? Then what happens if the coach tries to fight your eligibility to leave if you decide that culture isn't something you want or should have to deal with? 

Makes sense. We've seen this situation before and it's just a moral standard that you can't trust colleges to uphold. There are probably many more cases of this nationwide but it's all under wraps for now. For now.

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

Living in Georgia im not surprised especially it being at UGA.