Falcons blow 9th lead of the year...

CCBlackhatter

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Fuck it let’s trade our #3 pick like 10 times, I’m down for one more losing season,  that’s all I got left in me, let’s absolutely clean house, trade back all our picks, trade and release EVERRYONE, let’s lose every game and start fresh , I’m down

Trading the #3 pick would only have value if you move into the #1 spot.

We definitely have some pieces to build around, especially those still playing under cost effective contracts. We cannot afford to keep Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, it's a business decision. The front office has to part ways with them immediately while we can still get a nice return.

If you do not get a QB this draft, I think you trade Ryan for a decent starter or roll with Matt Shaub and acknowledge you are going to lose games while improving at other positions until you find your next franchise QB.

4 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Don't get me wrong, Matt Ryan is one of the better QBs in the league, but he is not dynamic enough to play behind a shit OL.

The smart play is to cash him in while he still has some value to a team that needs an upgrade at QB in order to become a contender. Someone like the Bears or maybe even San Francisco.

I think both could be used as trade pieces to move up in the draft high enough to get a QB. This year would be ideal as you already have a Top 5 pick. I would be in talks with the Jets if I were ownership to try and secure the #1 pick and get Trevor.

If need be, eat some of the money for a couple years to make the trade more desirable. You are not looking to be a super bowl contender in one season, but have a timeline that helps free money up after 2 or 3 seasons while your rookie QB gets his footing.

This would be my strategy. Maybe I am way off, but something has to be done.

There has been talk of Ryan being reunited with Shanahan and the 49ers entertaining it for sure I’m all for it, Jimmy G isn’t the answer.

The 49ers still have weapons although a guy like Kittle plays so recklessly it’s gonna catch up (already missed 5 games this year) so their window is slowly closing. I’ll take it, but won’t the Falcons take a dead cap hit of like 20 million in 2021 if they trade him after the year? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Trading the #3 pick would only have value if you move into the #1 spot.

We definitely have some pieces to build around, especially those still playing under cost effective contracts. We cannot afford to keep Matt Ryan and Julio Jones, it's a business decision. The front office has to part ways with them immediately while we can still get a nice return.

If you do not get a QB this draft, I think you trade Ryan for a decent starter or roll with Matt Shaub and acknowledge you are going to lose games while improving at other positions until you find your next franchise QB.

Matt Shaub ??? Ur fried, he’s a dumpster, he sucks

Might as well pick up John Parker Wilson 

29 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

He would help get high draft picks. Hell with 4 losses, it ain't like it can be much worse.

If u want #1 pick next year yea start the used car salesmen, but there’s no shot of a miracle and winning with him , it’s a for sure 0-14 season , he wasn’t good at 29 I can only imagine how bad he would be at 39

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

If u want #1 pick next year yea start the used car salesmen, but there’s no shot of a miracle and winning with him , it’s a for sure 0-14 season , he wasn’t good at 29 I can only imagine how bad he would be at 39

I never said playing him would make us a winning team. You play him and get the payroll under control while adding some pieces by way of high draft picks and free agency for the next couple of seasons.

Of course that is assuming you make a move for your future franchise QB within the next two or three seasons.

I'd like to pose a question and see what others think...

If you know Jacksonville is guaranteed the #1 pick, if you are Trevor Lawrence, do you consider returning to college for another season? Looking at their current roster and their lack of sustaining success on a yearly basis, you know that your chance at winning is slim and you also risk derailing your career as soon as it begins.

I realize he is going to take his money and go pro, but I would second guess the decision personally.

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

If you know Jacksonville is guaranteed the #1 pick, if you are Trevor Lawrence, do you consider returning to college for another season? Looking at their current roster and their lack of sustaining success on a yearly basis, you know that your chance at winning is slim and you also risk derailing your career as soon as it begins.

I realize he is going to take his money and go pro, but I would second guess the decision personally.

No cause Trevor lawarnce will never risk staying an extra year just for the jets or giants to pick him #1 next year, financially it makes sense cashing in in Florida 

10 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

No cause Trevor lawarnce will never risk staying an extra year just for the jets or giants to pick him #1 next year, financially it makes sense cashing in in Florida 

I suppose he could refuse to sign a contract after being drafted correct? I don't recall the specifics of the Eli Manning deal, but wasn't that a similar situation?

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Pull a John Elway and say hell to the no to Jax. 

Small market teams meh.... I mean Tennessee is relevant, Buffalo has tradition in finishing 2nd....

1st rounder QBs end up hurt on shitty teams. 

bgw

Elway did it and his fallback was the Yankees and baseball so the Colts made the trade.

Joey Bosa threatened with the Chargers and they blinked first fearing he would sit out a year and re-enter the next years draft and they would be SOL.

Thing is, like you said a QB going first or really high is generally going to go to a shitty team no matter. But the Jags have around 10 picks and like 5 in the first two rounds. With a smart draft and a decent trade or two they could be competitive in a a few short years. So yeah Lawrence would take his lumps, but I think Jacksonville is in a pretty good spot for their future if they don’t fuck it up. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

That’s a big $$$ gamble this day and age. Peyton went back for his senior year, but the risk of injury would be a gamble. Plus as I wrote above Jax is shit now, but they have a opportunity to change direction quickly. I admittedly don’t know much about the franchise or GM etc. It is in all honesty a very blah team that doesn’t move the needle as far as publicity or name recognition goes (don’t think I have ever met a Jaguars fan honestly). But winning cures that, they turn it around and they will gain fans. Really not a lot in the way of media hype or pressure for Lawrence to go to an organization like that as compared to say the Giants.

7 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Elway did it and his fallback was the Yankees and baseball so the Colts made the trade.

Joey Bosa threatened with the Chargers and they blinked first fearing he would sit out a year and re-enter the next years draft and they would be SOL.

Thing is, like you said a QB going first or really high is generally going to go to a shitty team no matter. But the Jags have around 10 picks and like 5 in the first two rounds. With a smart draft and a decent trade or two they could be competitive in a a few short years. So yeah Lawrence would take his lumps, but I think Jacksonville is in a pretty good spot for their future if they don’t fuck it up. 

Jax has more fuck ups than good competitive spots is my fear.... hell when were the Jags relevant Brunell/Boselli years?

Great knowledgeable fan base starved for competitive football though, we’ll see I reckon. 

bgw

7 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I haven’t been paying any attention but is Blake bortles still jags starting QB? Why draft Trevor when u got him, last time I checked espn was making bortles out to be the next Peyton manning 

Bortles is in Denver, no? Jax has that Wazzu cat with plenty of swagger. 

Jax is so bad, I forget the QB’s name... also is Wazzu Washington State or Washington? Fuck it, going back to bed my 3 brain cells are not cooperating... not did those three did anyways. 

bgw

• Haha 2

On 12/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, CCBlackhatter said:

I’m sure this is a question that goes through the heads of many high draft picks but especially QB’s.  I think more than a couple QB’s have had compromised careers based on the teams they landed at.  I wonder just how good David Carr could have been if he didn’t spend half his time looking at the skies.  

Regarding Lawrence, I don’t think one more year of college would be such a bad thing.   You never know how bad the team that drafts him the next year would be.  Any high draft pick QB is gonna face that situation (unless you’re a Manning).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ohhh wow falcons better than I thought then, if falcons can go 500 this year that’s as good as winning Super Bowl 

I didn’t get to see game but going off score I don’t see them winning more then 4 games 

Yeah. They suck. I don't expect them to win half, but, maybe if they get lucky a few times. They could get better as the season goes on. Idk.