Falcons blow 9th lead of the year...

CCBlackhatter

15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s like if we’re gonna be full blown this. Bad might as well go all out and just not win a game, so we can get Trevor Lawrence, makes no sense winning 5 games then getting a shitty pick just to win 5 games the next year 

Too late for that. The #5 pick is best we will do this year. 

With the salary cap hell Dimitrof has us in, it will be difficult to build a championship team without a full blown fire sale.

I just want to point out that AJ Terrell Jr has played a huge role in losing the last two games.

If you are going to waste a first round draft pick, at least make sure he can catch the football. His dropped interception could have sealed the win today.

Last week he had a huge double penalty called on him that helped the Bucs move deep into the redzone and later score to take the lead late.

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I reckon we’re doomed then... the culture is ingrained in perpetuity. 

bgw

I think we will suffer this until we can establish a running game that compliments our passing strengths.

We are unable to sustain drives and milk the clock late in games because we cannot run the ball. Our defense is on the field entirely too much throughout the game and we do not have enough depth to cycle players in so that we can keep the defense fresh.

We do not have enough cap space to make the moves necessary. We need to serious look into trading Matt Ryan and Julio Jones as a starting point and try to find our QB of the future in the draft. Use the savings from a rookie QB salary and money freed from the Jones contract to spend on the OL and defense.

At this point, you are not going to challenge for a Super Bowl with the current roster. A move must be made now while you can still rely on the franchise talents of Ridley and Jarrett to build around.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I think we will suffer this until we can establish a running game that compliments our passing strengths.

We are unable to sustain drives and milk the clock late in games because we cannot run the ball. Our defense is on the field entirely too much throughout the game and we do not have enough depth to cycle players in so that we can keep the defense fresh.

We do not have enough cap space to make the moves necessary. We need to serious look into trading Matt Ryan and Julio Jones as a starting point and try to find our QB of the future in the draft. Use the savings from a rookie QB salary and money freed from the Jones contract to spend on the OL and defense.

At this point, you are not going to challenge for a Super Bowl with the current roster. A move must be made now while you can still rely on the franchise talents of Ridley and Jarrett to build around.

I feel like  you trade Julio for draft picks and we’ll be fine with treadwell and Ridley could hold down the WRs, as much as it hurts because Julio has gave  his sweat and blood for this team, fuck it trade Matt Ryan, I think we realized he’s not answer. To winning a super bowl

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I feel like  you trade Julio for draft picks and we’ll be fine with treadwell and Ridley could hold down the WRs, as much as it hurts because Julio has gave  his sweat and blood for this team, fuck it trade Matt Ryan, I think we realized he’s not answer. To winning a super bowl

Don't get me wrong, Matt Ryan is one of the better QBs in the league, but he is not dynamic enough to play behind a shit OL.

The smart play is to cash him in while he still has some value to a team that needs an upgrade at QB in order to become a contender. Someone like the Bears or maybe even San Francisco.

I think both could be used as trade pieces to move up in the draft high enough to get a QB. This year would be ideal as you already have a Top 5 pick. I would be in talks with the Jets if I were ownership to try and secure the #1 pick and get Trevor.

If need be, eat some of the money for a couple years to make the trade more desirable. You are not looking to be a super bowl contender in one season, but have a timeline that helps free money up after 2 or 3 seasons while your rookie QB gets his footing.

This would be my strategy. Maybe I am way off, but something has to be done.

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong, Matt Ryan is one of the better QBs in the league, but he is not dynamic enough to play behind a shit OL.

The smart play is to cash him in while he still has some value to a team that needs an upgrade at QB in order to become a contender. Someone like the Bears or maybe even San Francisco.

I think both could be used as trade pieces to move up in the draft high enough to get a QB. This year would be ideal as you already have a Top 5 pick. I would be in talks with the Jets if I were ownership to try and secure the #1 pick and get Trevor.

How do we have a shit line ? Makes no sense , absolutely no sense, we picked lineman for the for  the first 3 rounds for the last like 5 years , we should have all pro lineman at every position 

Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How do we have a shit line ? Makes no sense , absolutely no sense, we picked lineman for the for  the first 3 rounds for the last like 5 years , we should have all pro lineman at every position 

I were making OL picks in the mid first round and later in the draft. Outside of the Top 10 I think you are reaching when drafting OL players.

In addition, you must look at your organization and see if the coaching staff is developing these guys. This very likely could be the issue as well.

• Like 1

You have to fix wrong doings to get good results. Its the law of the land. Falcants are just like the athens pit bulls and many other areas throughout this country. Blank not allowing the kids to play the championships for free is another strike against them. Also leveling churches for anything never turns out good. Atl and Athens is still Losersville usa has been for decades 

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

Play defense?

I don’t know!

I touched on this in an earlier post. We have played pretty well defensively this season, especially early in games.

Where we struggle is we can't stop anyone later in games. I think it is a combination of things, mainly conditioning and not making the necessary adjustments/ play calling.

• Like 1

Just saw where Falcons currently have #3 draft pick at best. 

Jacksonville has #1 locked up. Should the Falcons start trade talks to get the #1 pick or stay at #3 and take either Sewell or Fields, depending on who the Jets take?

Justin Fields would add mobility at QB, but is he going to be a franchise QB? Honestly, I am not sold on him just yet. I don't believe he will come in and be an immediate impact in the league. Fields is not nearly as polished as Trevor Lawrence in my opinion.

I think Sewell may be the best player in the draft and unlike the Falcons previous OL picks, he could upgrade the OL from day 1.

I'm interested in how the Falcons manage the roster this off-season.

Of course, with the Falcons luck, we will win next week and somehow drop to the #11 draft pick and none of this matters. Lol

Just saw where Falcons currently have #3 draft pick at best. 

Jacksonville has #1 locked up. Should the Falcons start trade talks to get the #1 pick or stay at #3 and take either Sewell or Fields, depending on who the Jets take?

Justin Fields would add mobility at QB, but is he going to be a franchise QB? Honestly, I am not sold on him just yet. I don't believe he will come in and be an immediate impact in the league. Fields is not nearly as polished as Trevor Lawrence in my opinion.

I think Sewell may be the best player in the draft and unlike the Falcons previous OL picks, he could upgrade the OL from day 1.

I'm interested in how the Falcons manage the roster this off-season.

Of course, with the Falcons luck, we will win next week and somehow drop to the #11 draft pick and none of this matters. Lol

Fuck it let’s trade our #3 pick like 10 times, I’m down for one more losing season,  that’s all I got left in me, let’s absolutely clean house, trade back all our picks, trade and release EVERRYONE, let’s lose every game and start fresh , I’m down

• Haha 1