Tate Martel in portal

hardhit1

19 minutes ago, John Adams said:

...WAS A GOOD HS QB on a all star team...

Ive said this all along. He’s a good athlete, better than most he saw at the HS level. Not even close to being the best athlete on the field at the D1 level and that hurt his ego. He never took over games with his arm at the HS level either. Below average decision making with the ball too. Will be interesting to see how he does against lower level D1 competition. UNLV is the likely landing spot. If I were him I wouldn’t even entertain P5 programs that are calling. Although I’m sure there aren’t many P5’s calling unless they need the depth in the QB room. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

QB, slot receiver or does he bulk up and try the Johnny Stanton (rule lol) route at FB?  

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Ive said this all along. He’s a good athlete, better than most he saw at the HS level. Not even close to being the best athlete on the field at the D1 level and that hurt his ego. He never took over games with his arm at the HS level either. Below average decision making with the ball too. Will be interesting to see how he does against lower level D1 competition. UNLV is the likely landing spot. If I were him I wouldn’t even entertain P5 programs that are calling. Although I’m sure there aren’t many P5’s calling unless they need the depth in the QB room. 

Good post..

• Thanks 1

There was an infamous recruiting trip weekend to Ohio State a few years back, Martell being one of the guests. Among the other guests was Lakeland WR James Robinson. A group of recruits, including those two, apparently got drunk and/or high and ended up getting into a lot of trouble. Word was, Martell was every bit as involved in the trouble as the others, but figured out a  way to get out of it. Robinson and others may have been arrested and maybe even jailed (can't remember) and OSU dropped their recruitment. Robinson ended up with a career-ending heart ailment. And we see how Martell has faired. Talk about a dumpster fire recruiting crew!